The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

try in an open area. GPS needs a good open space to hook on the sats.

I just got my phone back today. Cost me 2k to get the display changed :(. But works amazing now. Even got the FW updated then and there. Seems much more responsive, and the cam has definitely improved. Will try some softwares today.

^^ do have the trial or the *ahem* version??
the *chough-chough* version isn't out yet. the new version, 4.10 (not to be mistaken with 4.01) was released on march 15th. we should be coughing in a few days! ;)

and PhOeNiX, what happened to your phone's display? is it the same thing thats happening to everyone, strange random sudden color hue changething? or other?

just came across an interesting app... a virtual keypad application which emulates the normal keys(up/down left/right, c) of symbian phones.. which nokia failed to provide in the final firmware

The App is called "Virtual Keyboard"

People have reported that it works fine with the v20 firmware. It's free and looks promising :hap2: :hap2:

GenetiCDisasteR said:
the *chough-chough* version isn't out yet. the new version, 4.10 (not to be mistaken with 4.01) was released on march 15th. we should be coughing in a few days! ;)

and PhOeNiX, what happened to your phone's display? is it the same thing thats happening to everyone, strange random sudden color hue changething? or other?

No man, it broke :(. Someone sat on the phone i guess.

BTW, before i start setting my phone back up, is it recommended to do a hard reset of the phone to remove the small bugs? And how do i go about doing that ?

Also, which scratch guards have you guys put up on the screen ? My stock one is near death, about to peel off. The one at the Nokia Care was about 350Rs, but i remember seeing here that someone got the same one for 200 or so. Also are they any good ? I need a nice SG coz i will be using my stylus a lot on the Mobile Paint app.

GenetiCDisasteR said:
umm im not sure that link is allowed vpraveenis, its a warez site...
anyway yeah i tried that app, works fine on my phone. :D

Hmm.. I was thinking about that, but posted the link because it was a free app..
Anyways have removed the link and attached the file with my earlier post.

So can you confirm that you can s60v3 apps with this emulator?? That would be just great.. :eek:hyeah:

Yep. I guess you can. Btw i tried a few games yesterday, including MicroPool Demo. Man its a great game, amazing graphics. Wish i had the money to buy the full version.

Which apps do you guys have on your phones ?

Right now i have

- Asphalt 4

- Texas Holed'em poker

- Solitaire

- MicroPool Demo

- MobilePaint

PhOeNiX said:
Yep. I guess you can. Btw i tried a few games yesterday, including MicroPool Demo. Man its a great game, amazing graphics. Wish i had the money to buy the full version.
Which apps do you guys have on your phones ?

Right now i have
- Asphalt 4
- Texas Holed'em poker
- Solitaire
- MicroPool Demo
- MobilePaint

PhOeNix check this page for software / game updates running on the 5800.

are these free versions... or trial..

GenetiCDisasteR said:
wavesecure is the first most important app. after that the usual, ybrowser, xplore, smartmovie 4.10, chipmunks60, mobile paint, rockNscroll, virtual key board, and so on. :D

Back