The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Great :D.

@Jasku - No man. Just PMed him the details. I think the replacement shield arrived today at home. They have made changes in the design around the proximity sensor area. Will check it out and post how it works.

@Hanzy (sorry, but i know u as this only :p) - All bubbles disappeared after 48Hrs. So as such its a great product. And their customer service also seems prompt. Let's just see how the replaced product looks like.

PhOeNiX waiting for your feedback on it bro. Gadgetshieldz seems to be my best alternative. i've tried every other scratch protector in the market. none of them are any good for my rough use...

PhOeNiX said:
Great :D.

@Jasku - No man. Just PMed him the details. I think the replacement shield arrived today at home. They have made changes in the design around the proximity sensor area. Will check it out and post how it works.

@Hanzy (sorry, but i know u as this only :p) - All bubbles disappeared after 48Hrs. So as such its a great product. And their customer service also seems prompt. Let's just see how the replaced product looks like.

am ordering one over the weekend...then i wont have to hunt for papers and some file or something when wanting to keep it on the desk or anywhere :) btw , wat should i do with the exisiting screen scratch guard on ? can i leave it as is and apply the rest ?

@sudhir : would u pls post pix of ur phone with the shield on....

also can u post details on how u did the payment and what was the $ to Rs. conversion the bank charged you :mad:

there is a 10% off on 2 or more shieldz bought.....

discount coupon no longer valid it seems...

well the price on the site is $7.49 with shipping and all.

according to google, today's dollar value,

7.49 U.S. dollars = 378.244622 Indian rupees

less than 400 bucks including shipping. not a bad deal at all.

thetechmind said:
am ordering one over the weekend...then i wont have to hunt for papers and some file or something when wanting to keep it on the desk or anywhere :) btw , wat should i do with the exisiting screen scratch guard on ? can i leave it as is and apply the rest ?

@sudhir : would u pls post pix of ur phone with the shield on....

also can u post details on how u did the payment and what was the $ to Rs. conversion the bank charged you :mad:

there is a 10% off on 2 or more shieldz bought.....

I think you can leave the Scratch Guard u have already as it is. But you can still ask the gadget shield guys.

The shield i received is great, very well made this time. The top right corner has been rectified to accommodate the hidden Proximity Sensor, so no problems at all now. Also, in the previous set i had received, they had not sent in the halves which would cover the area around the volume, lock slider, Memory/SIM card slots. In the rectified sets, they have after i had pointed this out. though i haven't applied those parts, only the front panel and back panel i have used. The screen is absolutely clear. The remval was damn easy, so is the application. 95% bubbles disappear after 2-3 hours, and the remaining 5% over the next 48 Hrs.

Payment was done via their paypal gateway through my credit card. Conversion if i am not mistaken was roughly Rs 52/$ . So it came to around 337 Delivered for 2 sets :rofl: Will post a pic once i find my camera.

this is a new issue started on my phone *after* i upgraded to v20.....this issue never occured on v11.....and im so :( abt this.....anyone facing this issue...this would happen at random....the screen graphics would show up as in the pic shown below ...and then i have to start the cam , exit from there and if im lucky then the graphic are back......if not then i need to reboot the entire phone :( .........help !!!

dsc00029s.jpg

PhOeNiX said:
They would. But u need to talk them into looking at it. Its only a Firmware upgrade. Max to max they will charge 50-100bux for it.:p

alrighty !........will go to the NPD here in fort and request them for a checkup........

@ttm - sorry to hear that bro, hopefully the Nokia dudes will help you out!

@Rampage- waiting for the screen protector dude

@sudhir- so ur sayin the Gadget shieldz deal is worth it?..I found this pretty kool Silicon cover at amazon.co.uk, comes to 1k including shipping...think its worth it?

The GadgetShieldz skin is more than enough. I have been using it for the past few days using the stylus with MobilePaint. No scratches at all. :D

Phoenix, did you get the GadgetShieldz skin shipped to India? Or did someone you know in the US get it for you? I am thinking of getting one for my phone. And how easy is it to apply?

Hells_Fury said:
Phoenix, did you get the GadgetShieldz skin shipped to India? Or did someone you know in the US get it for you? I am thinking of getting one for my phone. And how easy is it to apply?

the price is all inc of shipping to india......doesnt take more than 2 days to reach ya.......

Back