The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

phoenix how come u got charged 337 for TWO sets? i think its only one set 337 right?? and did you try using it a bit roughly with the stylus, is it still bearing torture or are there small scratches?

I got one set as a replacement as the first set they had sent for the 5800 had a design flaw.

Quote from my email to them :D

The proximity sensor it seems is still being blocked by the skin even after i have made sure that the hole is correctly placed. It seems the skin does not have a big enough cut like the one on the default nokia skin and keeps blocking the sensor. kindly see the Default Nokia scratch guard in the attached picture and have a look at the marked position. Also i have spent time and created two more Jpegs for you to seel what thedifference is. iThe red is the place where the scratch guard is present, and the blue marks are where there are provisions. This makes the touchscreen not work as soon as the call is made or received, which makes us unable to use the touchscreen for receiving calls etc without locking-unlocking the phone. This is a major design flaw and i would like you to send me a corrected skin if possible. If its not, then kindly refund me as there are more flaws than i can handle in this skin. Also kindly tell me how to remove the skin safely off the device.

They sent in a rectified set in 3 days and it worked out great.

The skin is bearing torture m8. You can take my word for it :p.

PhOeNiX said:
I got one set as a replacement as the first set they had sent for the 5800 had a design flaw.
Quote from my email to them :D
They sent in a rectified set in 3 days and it worked out great.

The skin is bearing torture m8. You can take my word for it :p.

Awesome work dude:hap2: ..Ill also probably get it. Thanks.

ordering it now!!!!! thanks! :D

EDIT:

few more doubts.

firstly, the coupon PPCSG15 doesn't work anymore. any other coupons?

secondly, how did you manage to apply the front guard, thats the only bother for me. you have to squeeze the liquid out of the applied guard using a credit card right? where do you squeeze it out? removed the panel? thats what mainly bothers me right now..

also, how does touching the screen feel? is it more rubbery? can you smoothly glide on the screen, using gallery or web to perform actions smoothly? or is there a sort of sticky feeling while using it?

You need to apply just a thin layer of soap solution (I used a dilute hand-wash solution) on the skin. Once you place it, just squeeze it out and wipe off the excess solution. I used a microfiber to do that.

The screen does feel slightly rubbery, but usage is pretty much unaffected. Not sticky, you just feel its there.

No more coupons m8.

Also all 5800 users, try the following Apps. I tried a few yesterday and they are great, especially the Gallery.

Handwriting Calculator | Nokia Beta Labs ( this is an updated one with Sin/Cos etc functions)

Nokia Photo Browser | Nokia Beta Labs (Superb app)

Guys I am having trouble with the OVI suite and getting my phone connected over USB, once i have it setup and connected, the application manager doesnt respond, its really frustrating, pls help?!

Hells_Fury said:
I had a lot of problems with OVI suite too. In the end I uninstalled it and now I use PC Suite instead.
dude i cant do that either...I have winxp 64bit and the latest pc suite is not compatible with winxp 64 :((

The Photo Gallery App is indeed amazing...

BTW Anyone figured out how do you close the app?? I always have to shut it from the task manager...

neville press the end key, it should close by itself in 10 seconds max. other wise, you might be having handy task or handyshell or some such app blocking it from closing. it works like this for me.

cool1 said:
ppl have upgarded to 20.0.012 , but still cant use the front camera any suggestions

open the camera, then options> use secondary camera.

it should be there, or you did not update to v20. :p

GenetiCDisasteR said:
neville press the end key, it should close by itself in 10 seconds max. other wise, you might be having handy task or handyshell or some such app blocking it from closing. it works like this for me.

YUp... I am currenty doing that... but that's not the way to close an app...

pretty dumb for nokia to forget the app exit button... least they could have is a small 'x' to top like in windows explorer...

That's why its in Beta right ?? :p Just use the RED End key to close it. The app can use some improvements, especially tweaking is necessary to have the app display the Thumbnails in good quality fast. They appear blurred for some time before they clear up. Overall its an amazing interface. Hope in the future FW upgrades, they can make it the default gallery.

@Jasku - I am using Vista X64.

GenetiCDisasteR said:
open the camera, then options> use secondary camera.
it should be there, or you did not update to v20. :p

dude i have updated to v20 i checked using *#0000# , but there is no such option to use secondry camera in the camera setting.

should i do *#7370# and see if it works ?

Back