The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Try using Fring.. Lot of options, including Y!, orkut etc...

Jasku said:
guys which im do you use for connecting to gtalk??.. I dloaded the classic ver of gtalk mobile, and it doesnt seemp compatible for some reason, keeps trying to connect and then the app just closes. Any of u tried it out?

sometimes when i get incoming calls, my screen goes blank and some random lines going sideways. then i have to lock and unlock again it becomes normal. friend of mine says to get the screen changed, he did the same though i am now wondering if i should do the same ?

jesal said:
sometimes when i get incoming calls, my screen goes blank and some random lines going sideways. then i have to lock and unlock again it becomes normal. friend of mine says to get the screen changed, he did the same though i am now wondering if i should do the same ?

GenetiCDisasteR said:
jesal, that happens to me too, and many other 5800 owners. did your friend get charged for changing screen or was it covered free under warranty?

i guess u guys dint see my previous posts in the earlier page , i have the "same" issue BUT BUT BUT the issue dint exist when i was on V11.......so this AINT a hardware issue.....beat this....on v11 this issue dint exist and on v20 the issue cropped up 1 hour post upgrade...........its some firmware / software related issue.....now! my upgrade "failed" when i did it the 1st time.....after the firmware upgrade failed it went into some freak recovery mode and after the recovery mode i flashed it again and this time it successfully flashed to v20!....so its got to do something with software only.....if there is a way to 'reflash' to the same version ( i dont know if it can be done ) , thats what is needed and not anything else , thats what i feel.....

i do believe there's a reflash option within the nokia software updater itself. Just connect and try updating.

But if its a firmware issue as you say, (and im also on v20 and experiencing this), then probably the new v21 that will be comin sometime in april/may/june might fix it...

GenetiCDisasteR said:
i do believe there's a reflash option within the nokia software updater itself. Just connect and try updating.
But if its a firmware issue as you say, (and im also on v20 and experiencing this), then probably the new v21 that will be comin sometime in april/may/june might fix it...

true the v21 is in the making...:eek:hyeah: i've noticed this happens more when there are multiple apps running in the background and there is less mem left for rendering :rofl: .... i dont bother about this much , i turn it off and then switch it back on.......:hap2: and since i know its not a hardware problem for sure, i really aint bothered of worried....cause this *never* happened before.

jesal said:
nah i think ill get the screen changed. its done for free anyways and nokia does not even question u for the same so what the heck

ok keep everyone posted :) p.s how would u know they changed the screen and not did a firmware flash and give it back ?

I don't have the problem. Maybe coz i got it flashed by the NCC guys themselves. You can try that, instead of risking reflashing teh phone your self.

people having issues with the lines and the display problem , chillax , read this thread and feel confident u aint the only one... :)

Nokia Support Discussions - Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Bugs! (v20.0.012) - Software Updates - Nokia Support Discussions

changing the screen and all is no good , all u will get is a factory flashed phone back...talking with experience....from no problems on v11 to a LOT of problems on v20....now im googling on downgrading back to v11 and will be more than happy to do so till v21 hits out...

some other references :

http://dailymobile.se/forum/index.php?topic=2371.0

Gonna run the phone the entire day tomorrow without the mem card and see if it affects the screen lines and stuff in any way....if it does then will format the card , that would mean it has got something to do with the programs installed -pre-upgrade........

Update : A reinstall options is available !....:cheers:

rein.jpg

@ sudhir : :mad: i had pm'ed u and im'ed u abt something and u said u would get back to me :mad: and w.h.e.r.e are the pix of the phone !!!

thetechmind said:
people having issues with the lines and the display problem , chillax , read this thread and feel confident u aint the only one... :)

changing the screen and all is no good , all u will get is a factory flashed phone back...talking with experience....from no problems on v11 to a LOT of problems on v20....now im googling on downgrading back to v11 and will be more than happy to do so till v21 hits out...

Gonna run the phone the entire day tomorrow without the mem card and see if it affects the screen lines and stuff in any way....if it does then will format the card , that would mean it has got something to do with the programs installed -pre-upgrade........

Oh No!! :no: :no: Just when I was looking to go out and get one, a new issue seems to have cropped up... Is it a firmware issue??

If it a display issue, then I need to reconsider my decision to get this phone :no: :no:

GenetiCDisasteR said:
i wonder if we can actually CHANGE the front panel of this phone, maybe replace it with the gray one..

I spent about 3 hours 2-3 days back studying the whole design of the front panel and trying to figure out a solution to stop it ... but at the end of the day it was useless, the reasons :

(i) The top fits perfectly, as long as u dont snap the bottom locks .. the positions of the gap is such, that once u fit in the bottom locks, the top portion will be more or less pulled up coz there is no "nearby lock" to oppose the tension.

(ii) Even trying to block the light by putting in a thin film of black tinted paper wont work, light still leaks through a minor area near the volume pad ..

(iii) The light itself is produced below the media key. If u keep the phone flat, then u can see light leakin from below the media key to the top of the screen, which also can be annoying at times ..

The gap is not as irritating as the leaking light, during daytime is almost not noticeable .. I've tried all possible ways to fill up the gap and stop the light from leakin :p ... But i resolve it can't be done .. the only feasible way would be to isolate the source of the light, the same way at the front camera and the earpiece have foam/rubber paddings ... need to find a way to surround the light source so that it illuminates the media key, and yet does not leak out .. for now this is the only solution i can think off :p ... have contacted friend who's very good with mobiles and waiting for his answer :p ..

So all you people wanting to buy this beauty.....price drop might soon come your way......the phone is down to 1220-1230dh. ranges.

P.S : Mods can we have this thread sticky! I just noticed the iPhone has a sticky thread, even this phone deserves the same.

Dont know if u guys have heard of this awesome FREE program by nokia....it backs up ur contacts,smses.. can actually help u get ur phone back if stolen(really) by remotely locking it or even sounding an alarm....heres the link...WaveSecure using it and just locked my phone via the net....
dont forget to rep me if u guys found this helpful!!

Hi guys, after going through n82 > n95 8g > n85 , i am thinkin abt getting 5800 now ..is it a good one? and what manufacturing date should i get one? and how is its video recording in good lighting? i know its not good in low light but then it does not matter to me. and more importantly is it fully stable under latest firmware?

Back