The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

uh no obama. that won't work. hold hash, change to number mode and enter12345 even that wont work. believe me its totally corrupted, you have to use JAF and Factory Reset through that software.

Pressing the hash did not work for me. it would not change into number mode.only what I have described above worked for me.
no harm in trying for future upgraders.

My friend tried to download OfficeSuite from within Downloads ,but after downloading the installer says that the file is corrupted. I had heard this problem previously too. Is there any problem with the file? Anyone managed to install it?

I have managed to install a full version of Office Suite from 'other' sources on the net. But I cannot figure out how to scroll across the columns & rows in Excel. Any ideas anyone?

No v20 for India yet??

And anyone whos got the device recently... does it come with v20?? and what's the cheapest deal you found??
I'm planning to get it once the v20 starts coming out of the box so that I can be confident that i didnt get an older one with the defective ear-piece, and from the reviews out in the net, v20 seems to be a siginificant update!! :eek:hyeah:

vpraveenis said:
No v20 for India yet??

And anyone whos got the device recently... does it come with v20?? and what's the cheapest deal you found??
I'm planning to get it once the v20 starts coming out of the box so that I can be confident that i didnt get an older one with the defective ear-piece, and from the reviews out in the net, v20 seems to be a siginificant update!! :eek:hyeah:

if u really mean "significant" then wait till they come up with some real changes for the cam quality , until then im v. happy with my v11.....i will now upgrade only when something is done with regards to improvement of the camera.....:mad:

hanzy said:
if u really mean "significant" then wait till they come up with some real changes for the cam quality , until then im v. happy with my v11.....i will now upgrade only when something is done with regards to improvement of the camera.....:mad:

Hmm... Camera's not important for me.. If they make the camera optional, and remove around 1k off the price for the non-camera version, I will gladly go for the one without camera!! That's one feature I pay for and dont use at all!

I'm waiting for
1. Device with fixed ear-piece problem...and v20 out of the box is a good way to ensure that because multi-brand mobile stores will try to push out old stock even if they have new ones in hand.

2. Improved app support... I know more and more apps get supported by the day...and the wait's really killing me.

3. Price to fall :bleh: :bleh:

vpraveenis said:
Hmm... Camera's not important for me.. If they make the camera optional, and remove around 1k off the price for the non-camera version, I will gladly go for the one without camera!! That's one feature I pay for and dont use at all!

I'm waiting for
1. Device with fixed ear-piece problem...and v20 out of the box is a good way to ensure that because multi-brand mobile stores will try to push out old stock even if they have new ones in hand.

2. Improved app support... I know more and more apps get supported by the day...and the wait's really killing me.

i totally understand the stress on the pt. 3 :p completely understandable.....

vpraveenis said:

I'm waiting for

I am just waiting for point 1. once that is out i will buy it. Dunno when the price fall will be seeing N82 never came down below 19k since a year.

Anyone knows when the new 5800's will be out in the market? :huh:

hanzy said:
Wait till the year end or Q2 2010 and you will get mobiles with HD video recording capabilities at affordable rates.:eek:hyeah:

here's something sure, october 2010, you can go buy an original nokia n97 for 19000rupees. By then, we will be having nokia n97 music edition -80GB version, all black and just as awesome as n95-8gb is, but then we will call the flagship as n97-80gb!!! ;)

quite a few, but the real good one's like a divx player or a classy mp3 player still havent hit the market yet. Most s60V3 apps work on s60V5....

Fahrenheit said:
quite a few, but the real good one's like a divx player or a classy mp3 player still havent hit the market yet. Most s60V3 apps work on s60V5....

yeah but they still have compatibility issues.. like the divx player or the coreplayer... its gonna be atleast april till we get some good apps for it.

Im fully prepared to buy the 5800XM now (after increasing my budget to the max possible)
What do you guys suggest buy it or some other phone in this range ? :huh:

^^I had asked the same question earlier. And in the same price range I feel there are no better phones. This is my personal opinion of course...so I went ahead and bought it.

you can buy it now, or wait a few days and buy it at a little reduced price, but believe me, theres NO PHONE in the market that offers so much features and symbian s60 at such a price point.

aditya_bha said:
Im fully prepared to buy the 5800XM now (after increasing my budget to the max possible)
What do you guys suggest buy it or some other phone in this range ? :huh:

see... there are quite a few things wrong with the 5800XM as of now... but like people are saying it's the best phone in the price range. hopefully firmware updates will fix all the issues it has and then it'll be a top notch phone.

Back