The DEXTER thread!

OMG OMG OMG That was one hell of an episode!! And the PREVIEW! Too good!! Isnt this what we have waited for, since the first season ?
The moment of confrontation is COMING. I just hope that Debra doesnt find out abt him. But whatever, It'l be awesome none the less. I just hope its not another sad ending.
Also there was nothing in the preview except a lil bit of teasing, so quit crying abt it :p The fun is where you are expecting something thanks to the preview and something totally opposite happens. THATS THE FUN PART :p

dantool said:
wonder if there is an angle to nanny and harisson story?
Use spoilers tag dude.

I think there will be, The birthday party will also probably have some significance. I have a feeling that the Nanny can have a badass angle to her. She's so damn hot. :drool2:

Party Monger said:
Use spoilers tag dude.
I think there will be, The birthday party will also probably have some significance. I have a feeling that the Nanny can have a badass angle to her. She's so damn hot. :drool2:
for what?
He's just speculating..

Party Monger said:
Use spoilers tag dude.
wonder what did i spoil with my post :bleh:

chiron said:
Dunno... I'm a bit disappointed with how this season turned out. Jordan Chase is such a useless villian. I feel that this one is almost as bad as the one with Miguel.

I have the same feeling about Jordan, but I'll reserve my judgement when the season ends. Although, it's definitely better than Miguel's season. Season 3 was extremely boring and it didn't give a proper exploration or depth in Dexter's character. Also, it had Rita in it, which made it even more cringe-worthy. This season had some good moments, but in terms of the execution of the main plot, I still think it lacks that intimidating factor. This is where Season 4 nailed it with Trinity. They really showed how brutal and aggressive his character was, right from the scratch. His (Arthur's) ulterior motive was never uncovered until Dexer got to know his true side after spending time with his family. Not to mention, the twists in that season were amongst the best and the most shocking, since the Ice Truck killer's revelation in Season 1.

This season has failed to encompass all that and has really failed to create a new benchmark that it's earlier season had set. What I feel is that they should have included some proper flash-backs on Lumen's torture & how painful her experience was. She did have some minor flash-backs, but they were very vague and didn't serve the purpose properly. Stiles has acted pretty well when it came to portraying fear based emotions. They didn't dig up much into Chase's back story properly. All his accomplices were had the same fate. We never knew how everything went down with the earlier barrel girls. All we got to see was that these people were responsible for it and now Dexter is hunting them down with Lumen being his "partner in crime". It all felt pretty rushed, just like
Liddy's death in this episode.

What I feel is that
Liddy's death , though inevitable, should have happened in the final episode. This seemed as if the writers just wanted to get rid of Liddy to get the focus back on Jordan

Anyways, I'm desperately waiting for the last episode :eek:hyeah:

It could be weird or mere coincidence or meticulously written script....but something stuck me about the name "Eugene" Greer.

Well...Eugene was name of a character in a novel called "Look Homeward, Angel" by Thomas Wolfe.It was an autobiography by Wolfe, where he was the character Eugene. The novel is about self-discovery.

Jordan Chase aka Eugene Greer teaches to discover the power within you.

Again just a wild search on inter-web, pops this link - Marvin Eugene Greer

kippu said:
awww that ends another season , when is it coming back again???
It's been picked up for season 6 already. Also, they haven't called it the 'final' season.. so there might be one more. I'm not sure how well they'll be able to take it further though. It's already been running for quite some time now.

What ? Do you want them to kill a major character every season? :p
The twist here was that there was no twist!
I think the writers really lost the plot half way and some how pulled it together. Chase and his bullies were formidable together as one. Shouldnt come as a surprise that dexter took him out easily.
And ****ing lumen left!! What a b**ch! :mad:
I think now the way for the baby sitter to jump in is clear :D
She is milf material :p

The finale was kinda of an anti climax.

Sure, we knew chase was gonna end up on the table but still I was expecting some kind of twist. I guess, the best way to end this season would have been Debra knowing the true identity of Dexter. I was so excited when Debra found the camp but it was really a cheap move by the writers to walk her outta there empty handed. :| And whats with quinn? Even the murder of liddy didn't get him worked up, he knew it was dexter and when he should be going after him, he is thanking him instead. Where art thou Sgt. Doakes?

^^ agreed.

At least the lack of chemistry between Dexter and Lumen is explained away with the finale. Jordan turned out to be a total damp squib though.

In a way lumen leaving is a good thing. As much as I wanted Dexter to be happy and connect with someone, it was important for the show to be not tied down with a particular storyline. They did it with Rita and we all know how it ended. A show like Dexter will only work when there is something new and fresh each season. Unlike last season's finale, where we knew this season was gonna deal with repercussion of what happened to rita, this season had an open ending. We now know nothing about the next season or what turn is it going to take. It gives the writers creative freedom to take the show wherever they want from here.

Ethan_Hunt said:
they should have included some proper flash-backs on Lumen's torture & how painful her experience was.
Please Tell Me a Part Of Yourself was relieved that they didnt??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ethan_Hunt said:
they should have included some proper flash-backs on Lumen's torture & how painful her experience was.

GuruGulabKhatri said:

It depends on how much you can actually digest. To me, the whole barrel girls case, including Lumen's, was quicker than a arrow being shot. All those exploits were found on tapes, which isn't much to speak off. Sometimes, it makes more impact when you actually show how gruesome an activity is to feel what the other person has felt. For instance, flashbacks of Dexter's childhood while he is soaked in his mother's blood. That's certainly not a pleasant sight, but it goes to show what the protagonist has actually gone through and how it grounds his human side. Similarly, Rita dying and Harrison being covered in blood.

Lumen was a victim and her fear against these maniacs was the only thing we had going for in this primary storyline. Emily was another victim, but she didn't have a bigger role. All the other victims, DEAD. In the finale episode, we did spot some fast flash backs of Lumen being tortured back at Jordan's Camp house. I'm not saying I needed a scene by scene display of every act, but we could have got a known what brutalities were inflicted on the victims before they were stashed in those barrels. And NO, Dexter's passive narrative explanation doesn't count.

Back