The Fitness Thread !

^Oh :p

It's a quite famous myth among all my classmates. One guy went to gym few months ago & got biceps etc, everyone was jealous. So everyone like, he takes powder etc etc all that crap.

My *rack* will grow huge due to heavy squating anyway :p
Wow Rockfella, nice *rack* you got there :p

The force will no longer be with you ;)
and what happens, if you just eat powder & don't work out ?

He must be eating talcum powder :lol:
^Oh :p

It's a quite famous myth among all my classmates. One guy went to gym few months ago & got biceps etc, everyone was jealous. So everyone like, he takes powder etc etc all that crap.

It depends in what context you're using it.

What's your goal? Workout? And Diet? First tell that, then we can say whether it will be of any use.

to gain weight...

im extremely underweight
im 5'10.5(179 cms) and weigh just 52kgs..
so i have to gain atleast 20kgs :p
btw balanced diet etc etc i not gonna help me...been trying it for past 3 yrs...
now something rigorous has to be done

So many NYR itt, thread has become active again after few months break.
People who want to lose weight in 2013 go calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) and eat 500-1000 calories deficit and those who want to gain do the exact opposite and eat 500-1000 calories more. Stick to it for 3-4 weeks at least and if no results are seen go see a endocrinologist and get TFT (Thyroid function test).
No supplement, PH and AAS will get you where you want to be without busting your ass in gym and eating a clean diet.
@Rockfella: Nice squat rack, what were the damages?

Last edited by a moderator:
to gain weight...

im extremely underweight
btw balanced diet etc etc i not gonna help me...been trying it for past 3 yrs...

You're body type is most probably Ectomorph. You have to tune your diet and workout according to it. But believe me, whatever body type you are, you can gain or lose weight and reach your goals, it's just a matter of dedication.

Code:
[B]Ectomorph[/B]

An ectomorph is a typical skinny guy. Ecto’s have a light build with small joints and lean muscle.
Usually ectomorph’s have long thin limbs with stringy muscles. 
Shoulders tend to be thin with little width.
 [B]
Typical traits of an ectomorph:[/B] 

[LIST]
[*]         Small “delicate” frame and bone structure 
[*]         Classic “hardgainer” 
[*]         Flat chest 
[*]         Small shoulders 
[*]         Thin 
[*]         Lean muscle mass 
[*]         Finds it hard to gain weight 
[*]         Fast metabolism 
[/LIST]

Ectomorphs find it very hard to gain weight. They have a fast metabolism which burns up calories very quickly. 
Ecto’s need a huge  amount of calories in order to gain weight. Workouts should be short and intense focusing on big muscle groups. 
Supplements are definitely  recommended. Ectomorphs should eat before bed to prevent muscle catabolism during the night. 
Generally, ectomorphs can lose fat very easily which makes cutting back to lean muscle easier for them.

You still didn't say what you were doing for the past three years. 52kg is pathetic for your height. Detail everything and you can know what exactly you should do.

I recently lost around 20KG weight (exercise + watching what I eat) but now my cheeks look sort of hollow (and wrinkles) while there's still a bit of fat left on the tummy.
Any suggestions about keeping the fat off my torso (exercises / diet suggestions) while not looking starved.

to gain weight...

im extremely underweight

Seriosuly want to learn from the marketing people working for these Body Mass powder companies. It seems every skinny guy in my gym is using one of these horrible sugar loaded things. For everybody who is underweight, please eat some eggs and drink some milk. I have gained about 12 KG weigh in last 13-14 months and I have increased my squat from 20 KG to 150 Kgs and all I have done is to eat real food. Supplements have a use but you dont need them right now.

Another guy who started doing weights with me accuses me of taking some special powder/medicine(read steroids) becuase he hasnt made any progress and I look totally different. I advice him to do his squats but he likes doing lunges with 10KG dumb-bells. I tell him to drink couple leter milk daily but he says 2 glasses a day is enough for everybody. Sigh.....

If someone is interested, I will explain my diet.

Jerry is not regular. Even if he is even 3x5 is too high for DLs. His back will snap sooner or later. There is always that one guy who will do 5x5 or more of deadlifts and WILL soon realize he can no longer do it after a few weeks so don't be that guy ;)
^Rippetoe's programme is for beginners and not experienced lifters. Jeri says, he has been lifting from the past 2 years so I guess he ain't a beginner anymore. 5x5 is still a lot, stick to 3x5 for DL.

Please suggest descent whey/blend withing 4k (5LB) ... Prices have ridiculously shot up !! (Guess its because all these items have come under FDA, dunno if its true for not)
How good is EAS ??

Please suggest descent whey/blend withing 4k (5LB) ... Prices have ridiculously shot up !! (Guess its because all these items have come under FDA, dunno if its true for not)
How good is EAS ??
Check BSN Syntha-6. Very nice product. Also EAS is reasonably good. If you find good price, get it otherwise there are better options.

On that note, I hear Venkys has their own protein powder now, anyone tried it? Feedback? Need some cheap protein powder for the days that i can't meet my nutrient macros.

Rs. 32500/- for the rack
Rs. 1720 for the heavy duty rubber mat.
Rs. 1500 for custom made flat bench (i'll upgrade to a body-solid bench later)
Rs. 850 for a 7" bar (non-olympic)
Add another 20k for Rs. 110 per Kg Cosco Olympic Weights plates (127.50kgs) and 5k for a 7" Olympic bar, totals to approx Rs. 55000/- and you're set for a good time. No need to join a gym ever!
I assembled the rack myself along with 2 family members helping me :p Was planning buy body solid bench for 12k but ran out of money so got a custom made simple flat bench for Rs. 1500 today. Yet to buy olympic weights, will use my old crappy weights (around 110kgs) for 3-4 months whenever i start training again. Now i need a pair of spring collars.
@ Rockfella How much did the rack cost you? Have you bought your barbell + plates as yet?

Back