The Motorola Defy Thread

How is the SQ in loudspeaker mode while playing songs / ringtones while phone is ringing .

Loud and Clear... I would go as far as to say that the Defy's Speaker is as louder as Nokia N73's speaker...

Hi guys.... bought defy from flip kart.com

love to know the real ram of defy because its shows 470 or something in task manager

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hi guys.... bought defy from flip kart.com
love to know the real ram of defy because its shows 470 or something in task manager

is defy's battery life bad, coz apparently my defy's battery does not last more than 20hr after minimal usage i don't use any wifi bluetooth or any other wireless connection. my usage is maz 2hrs gaming and listening to music. calls for about an hr in an entire day. i don't knw what the problem is

can anyone tell me how you can make defy battery life last longer. any apps which can help me out. I'm running indian froyo on my defy

Guys, what is "nandroid backup"? is it the same as "titanium backup" and how do I do a Nandroid backup?

very nOOb question but important so I dont brick my phone.

Also, If we have a piece with stock 2.1 on it and we flash to official indian 2.2, then for warranty purposes which one will be taken into consideration? further since indian official froyo will be be Full SBF, then will our downgradability be lost to 2.1?

and if we flash from 2.2 official indian version to CM7 and then run into problems which require warranty claims, can we go back down to official 2.1 or will official 2.2 be enough.

Please let me know before I start playing around with my phone. New to Android.

^^ After you upgrade to official Indian 2.2 then you can't go back to 2.1. But your phone will be in warranty, So no issues there.. Just download the sbf and keep it safe, but don't flash it..

AFAIK, It'd be better to flash the Nordic froyo first to upgrade to CM7, instead of Indian froyo..

Nandroid backup is just like a disc image you take via Norton ghost.. It should be used ONLY with fixed sbf.. It's done via Custom recovery, in our case Clockwork mod recovery..

hunterjack said:
is defy's battery life bad, coz apparently my defy's battery does not last more than 20hr after minimal usage i don't use any wifi bluetooth or any other wireless connection. my usage is maz 2hrs gaming and listening to music. calls for about an hr in an entire day. i don't knw what the problem is

can anyone tell me how you can make defy battery life last longer. any apps which can help me out. I'm running indian froyo on my defy

Upgrade to 2.3, Indian Froyo is Crap

Has anyone tried the latest boot179 nightly? I tried to install it after flashing the nordic froyo straight away and got stuck at boot menu.. Now re-flashing froyo again. Should I install RC1 first and try that again? Killmastern3?

Which would the best performing , least lagging, better battery life providing ROM? I have CM7 2.3.4 (CyanogenMod - 7.1.0-RC01-jordan)

I donno if anyone else faced this but experienced a lot of force closes on MIUI 1.7.22 and on wajuki MIUI 1.7.22 so back to 1.7.15 seems pretty stable. Also looks cool with neonBT theme!
has anyone been able to sync details of people already in contacts with facebook without it actually adding everyone? I know it gives you an option when adding to "sync details of friends already in contacts" but it didnt really worked for me as my contacts kind of exploded after that :mad:
And I was never able to sync my gmail calender with android but it has no issues in adding every address to my contacts :mad:

wolvish said:
Has anyone tried the latest boot179 nightly? I tried to install it after flashing the nordic froyo straight away and got stuck at boot menu.. Now re-flashing froyo again. Should I install RC1 first and try that again? Killmastern3?

Have already flashed it. Same process. Didnt encounter any problems. Using 2nd init 1.4.2? That is the one i used. Downloaded the latest nightly, the SEA one. Installing it now. i hear wifi is very good in this latest one.

killmastern3 said:
Have already flashed it. Same process. Didnt encounter any problems. Using 2nd init 1.4.2? That is the one i used. Downloaded the latest nightly, the SEA one. Installing it now. i hear wifi is very good in this latest one.

I started with flashing the nordic, root, installed second init 1.4.2, then 179-4 ------ Stuck at Bootlogo

Then again, flashed nordic, root, installed second init 1.4.2, then RC1v2, then 179-4 ------ Stuck at Bootlogo

Then again, while flashing nordic, the phone stuck at 'android' logo, so yanked the battery out, tried again ----- 3 times

Got scared of bricking, last time I did a factory reset, then flashed the Indian froyo, and voila my phone didn't brick..

Now using Indian froyo, scared to test anything new... :(

P.S - How long will it be at bootlogo anyway in a nightly with updated kernel? Mine was like 15 minutes and I was scared and screwed up the process.. :)

Something similar happened to me but with MIUI ( the chinese + lang pack one) the phone was stuck at moto logo, scared the hell outa me, flashed nordic and stuck to it for like 2 days when i went to MIUI US and flashed that with steps from some their or some other site n voila it was working like charm. :eek:hyeah:

I guess the beta's are working so bug free most of the time that we kinda ferget that they r beta and can go crazy on u! :D

does the latest cm7 or miui or any other custom run work perfect with everything... like proper working camera,radio,wifi & all other basic/fundamental feature of the phone?

Back