The Nokia 5230 / 5233 Thread

Guys need help. I had connected my phone to my dad's laptop which has Mcafee AV and god knows what it detected in my phone's Memory card. It randomly deleted many important folder :mad:

Specifically all my maps have also gone but the size of my free memory as per the phone is still the same.

Main problem is that now when i connect the phone in mass storage mode or remove the memory card and put in card reader and connect to my laptop, and try accessing the card drive, it gives me Access denied :-[

Not sure what is gone bad.

Also i now need the maps and software and steps of installing Garmin XT. I had sent a step by step as well as bwtorrents link to many people here on TE. The thread on BWT seems to be not existing any more. Can anyone whom i had sent those details send me back the steps and if u had downloaded the maps/main sis file from there then please give me the same through some file sharing website.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ok found the threads on BWT.

Too much rework to do now :(

Everything on my memory card gone but memory card free memory still showing same :S

Ok an update....

I connected my memory card through card reader to my Eaget M880 media player. I did this specifically because there are folders which are not usually visible in windows are displayed by this media player. I am able to see all the folders in the media player. What can i do to make all these folders display in my laptop as well as phone's file manager ??

Fired up free commander to see data in the memory card and everything is intact but the problem is that all the folders have been made hidden and i cannot change it :(

Also cannot access the drive through normal windows explorer

What to do ??

I tried resetting the folder's attributes using DOS but i get following error

G:\>attrib -h cities

Not resetting system file - G:\cities

Ok so found a time consuming painful way to reset all the attributes :(

Need to manually run the attrib command on each and every directory

attrib -h -r -s cities

and so on

ggt said:
^^ ZOMG what a pain

BTW how did that happen? any specific reason and did u try connecting your p[hone again to the laptop

I just connected the phone in mass storage mode to my Dad's laptop which had pre installed Mcafee AV and it without asking me deleted the files (thats what it said). But actually there were duplicate folders in my memory card with .EXE extension which it deleted and not actual folders. So i had to follow the above mentioned process to get back all the folders.

viralbug said:
I had flashed my 5233 with a c6 CFW a couple of days ago. Works really nice. :D

Me tooo. Flashed my 5230 today for the first time with photon c6. Its good and fast too, just checking the battery life. Ovi maps not working anymore need to download the new maps again..

i have a Nokia 5233. Is there a good video player for it? Official Divx player just crashes..! I would like to rip DVDs & play on it ( screen res is 360X640 pixels)

Dark Star said:
^^Symbian ^3 ? Please pass the link I want it too

This is the one I'm using.

Nokia 5800,5530,523x - All RM's - C6 v20 - Nokia Photon^C6 | Fastest Firmware

Lostit said:
Me tooo. Flashed my 5230 today for the first time with photon c6. Its good and fast too, just checking the battery life. Ovi maps not working anymore need to download the new maps again..

Me too flashed with Photon C6. I love the changes in contacts, dialer and ofcourse the homescreen.

Yea its S60 my bad :p I thought of it as C6-01. Anyway there are many version IINM :ashamed: Which one to download. and I dont see any instruction up there for installing ?

How am I suppose to do that ?

You'll have to flash it the same way you flash other CFW. However, for C6 port, do not use any of the original Nokia firmware files.

First download the PNHT core files. Then download the CFW rofs2 and uda files for your phone. Replace the PNHT core files with these CFW files. Flash using JAF.

Yeah the C6 is Symbian v5 only. :p It has a different home screen though.

Man I'm still scared about FLashing guys, I really dunno. Although I'm waiting for Envy^3, i'm closely following Envy^3, Photon C6 and Pixel*1...

^ Yeah I forgot to mention. Many of the CFW makers are releasing their versions soon in the new year. I'll be keeping an eye on those as well to see which one I like better.

Flashing is really easy. You just have to follow the steps. :)

A long time problem I've had with this phone (5230) which I had hoped would get cleared up with the C6 firmware is Push Email. All I want is for the phone to stay synced with my gmail account 24/7 in real time without requiring me to intervene. This doesn't happen. I need to enter Nokia messaging, it then asks me which access point to use (even though there is only one configured), it then proceeds to download whatever new mails have come. Very annoying.

Every setting I can find allows the phone to automatically connect to the internet. But this has neither worked in the original firmware nor in the c6 firmware which I have used for the past 3 weeks. Any ideas guys?

About the C6 firmware though, the best part about the new firmware is the partial Smart Dial functionality which I have been really missing since WinMo 6.5. Still not as good as the windows implementation but better than nothing.

Back