The Power Supply Unit recommendation thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
neojjjk said:
@harish- I am not an overclocker of any hardware ....

are you sure that it will handle my 9800gt 1gb ?

i will play games like motogp08,sbk,BFBC2(in medium settings w/o aa)..resolution -1366 x 768

no plans to run any benchmarking stuffs.
yeah dude it will play but as said before it is cutting a bit thin. U see when the PSU gets a real old, I think its efficiency will also reduce, at that time it might be an issue. Anyway no harm will come even it doesn't match, like I used to use a VIP 350W with a 6800GT back in 2005. Everything was running fine till I played MOH-Pacific Assault and only at a particular area where it is a lot of greenery or something the PC would restart, every time. Then I was advised to go for VIP 500W atleast due to COrsair PSU's in 2005 costing quite a bomb! Heck even bloddy GPU's used to cost a bomb and my 6800GT did as it was one of the top cards then! and then a year and half later it blew up in white smoke...:p LOL. Ouch! And no US warranty! Double Ouch!

But rest assured it will not ruin your card or computer. At best if you see an issue first such as restarting, then you may have to bite the bullet and go for a better PSU like a Corsair VX450 (with this baby no problems even with Quad cores and a powerful single GPU). Hey u can sell your SAGA here and a lot of ppl will jump for as it's one of the few good cheap SMPS's.

My system spec is PIV, Mercury Motherboard, 1GB DDR 2 Ram, 2-3 Hard disk.. Will CM 350W PSU is enough for this configuration? Which one is better in term of reliability FSP or CM?

Also, I just brought Seagate 500 Gb HD, it makes noises while booting like scractes.. Can the noise be due to the PSU or faulty HD?

jatin931 said:
My system spec is PIV, Mercury Motherboard, 1GB DDR 2 Ram, 2-3 Hard disk.. Will CM 350W PSU is enough for this configuration? Which one is better in term of reliability FSP or CM?

Also, I just brought Seagate 500 Gb HD, it makes noises while booting like scractes.. Can the noise be due to the PSU or faulty HD?

Also are the standard PSU is enough for computing such as zebronics costing around Rs. 600... And what about the noise issue?? :)

Just want to know about FSP saga II 350W: Is the cable length really short and could be only used in a top mounted PSU config?

tazzi said:
Just want to know about FSP saga II 350W: Is the cable length really short and could be only used in a top mounted PSU config?
Are you planning top route the cables behind the motherboard-installation plate in the chassis? In which case the length would fall shot by a few Cm. The EPS 12V 4 pin cable in particular.

Desecrator said:
Are you planning top route the cables behind the motherboard-installation plate in the chassis? In which case the length would fall shot by a few Cm. The EPS 12V 4 pin cable in particular.
Ya. So any suggestions?

please suggest me a good power supply. My Budget: 10k

Rig:
Cabinet: NZXT Tempest EVO
Mobo: Asrock p67 extreme4/ Asus p8p67 PRO
CPU: intel i5 2500k
Ram: G.skill 8gb 1600mhz
GPU: sapphire 6850 * 2 Crossfire
Hdd: 1tb wd sataIII
Monitor: Dell Ultrasharp U2311H

need a really quick answer on this one

config-

AMD pphenom qud core proccy
4 gigs of ram
1tb HD
standard cd drive

the corsair cx400w or 600w will be good enuf rite?

^The VX450 should be good. The CX is inferior in to the VX. And so is the newer GS series.

The GS600 costs as much as VX550

but VX550 can deliver more power than the GS600 due to better build quality(VX550 can supply upto 640w power technically)

all the while maintaining superior efficiency

ubergeek said:
need a really quick answer on this one

config-

AMD pphenom qud core proccy
4 gigs of ram
1tb HD
standard cd drive

the corsair cx400w or 600w will be good enuf rite?
Yup CX400/ Seasonic S12II 430w ~ 2.6k would suffice :) Just dont OC a lot.

Edit: Since you have a 4k budget get the Corsair VX450 ~ 3.5k. Proven performer and also has 5 years warranty compared to 3 yrs of the above two

ok so there wont be any problems for the config rite what i mean is the vx450w will be good enuf to pwoer the rige rite?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back