The Samsung Galaxy S thread

Rahulrulez said:
^ Ok, check it using Terminal Emulator... typed su and it asked for Superuser request.. That means, the phone is rooted successfully..
Now one thing, what can I do after rooting the phone? Anything essential that can be done after rooting the phone to increase speed?
Why did you even root if you weren't planning on doing anything? You could, apply lagfix..
Rahulrulez said:
^ Yeah, it is in my phone's app list..
Btw I've one query.. I'm using Airtel as my service provider.. My phone always connect and disconnect the data connection (i.e. Airtel Office) and it deducts Rs. 0.30 each time.. Any way to fix it?
Get the juicedefender app from the market. It has a widget that lets you disable data transfer

vortex_mak said:
Guys, please confirm something for me:

When I have a pair of earphones plugged in (normal ones, not the headset) and someone calls me, the sound doesn't come through the earphones, rather the speaker and that too very low volume. The phone mic works though and the other person can hear me but I cant hear him through the earphones.

Is this standard behavior, if it is , what was samsung thinking ??
I checked it for you , the phone rings via Speakers and as well as (different pair of) earphones when plugged in, just like it does with Samsung's default headset that came along. I am on DDJG4.

ahd said:
I checked it for you , the phone rings via Speakers and as well as (different pair of) earphones when plugged in, just like it does with Samsung's default headset that came along. I am on DDJG4.
No, I wasnt talking about the ring, that is thorough speakers and earphones both, however, when I pick up the call and normal earphones (not the bundled headset) are plugged in, the callers voice doesnt come through the earphones, it comes through the back speaker and that too faintly.

The mic works normally though but the callers voice should ideally come through the earphones which it doesnt.

vortex_mak said:
No, I wasnt talking about the ring, that is thorough speakers and earphones both, however, when I pick up the call and normal earphones (not the bundled headset) are plugged in, the callers voice doesnt come through the earphones, it comes through the back speaker and that too faintly.
The mic works normally though but the callers voice should ideally come through the earphones which it doesnt.
Yeah checked it again like I said , I can hear the phone ringing but after I pick it up Callers voice doesn't come through, Maybe they'd fix it in Android 2.2.

xerocool said:
guys any idea how to fix the 3button problem for galaxy s ?? tried many tutorials but none of them work :(
Look at my previous post in this thread....

Able to fix it pretty easily

Update

I installed voodoo lag fix 3 but battery life reduced to half a day, so switched back to stock firmware and still 3 button fix is working

...no need to instal the fix again :p

Guys i came across an awesome app called tasker. It is paid app. If you want apk file, PM me. I am not sure wether posting apks are allowed here or not.

Hey guys.. How can I upgrade to Android 2.2 Froyo? Kies shows I'm on latest firmware (My phone has firmware Android 2.1 Eclair)..

Does anyone know if Samsung gives warranty on their 'Headset' also, my Galaxy S earphone is not working anymore, can anybody confirm that they'll indeed replace this ?

a small problem here , am not able to check the prepaid balance of my vodafone number.

when i enter *141# and press the call button, it displays "USSD code running" and within a second, i'm back to my homescreen, what's the problem ? anybody else facing it ?

Giridegr8 said:
a small problem here , am not able to check the prepaid balance of my vodafone number.

when i enter *141# and press the call button, it displays "USSD code running" and within a second, i'm back to my homescreen, what's the problem ? anybody else facing it ?
Try this:

disable the mobile tracker in Settings -> Location and Security -> Mobile Tacker -> Disable

Back