The Samsung Galaxy Spica i.e. I5700 thread

UPDATE : I flashed lesharks a2sd mod and it works like a charm. got 92 megs free on my internal phone memory and all the apps have been moved to the SD card. YaY. phone feels as zippy as ever.

for those of you unaware.. head over to samdroid.net and follow the instructions given . There is a fair bit of risk involved. You have to root your phone first ..then flash a custom kernel and recovery ...and then flash the a2sd mod over it . not for the weak at heart..especially not for those who are afraid of voiding their warranty. But what the hell..at 12K...i was willing to take that risk. :p

^ This happens very rarely dont know why..... but mostly because of a bad ROM download or a illegitimate/modded one.

@AbhijithS

I think the GSMArena folks are expecting a little too much from the phone. Specially since after 2.1 update Pantheon has to be removed to even consider this phone for a review!!

Also Flash 10.1 will be coming to Android 2.1 soon! :)

@m.a

Nopes :(

@raymasky

your on Andorid 1.5 right??

Im still waiting for Apps2SD to get updated for Android 2.1 :(

@MetalSpree

Same question are you on 1.5?

@ekampreet

Youll find it @ Sunheri Market Near atta or at the Samsung Plaza (Sector 18) near the Maruti showroom.

Can anyone help?

I am having BSNL WIFI connection at my home and when I try to connect to WIFI, Spica ask for WEP HEX Key. I have a user name and password as well as password for WIFI connection given by BSNL.

I have converted that password into WEP HEX KEY by using a WEP HEX Key generator . I have also tried to connect to WIFI both by entering WIFI password as well as WEP HEX Key number and with both of them the phone get connected to WIFI but I am not able to browse internet as the browser shown no connection.

I have NOKIA Siemens Network ADSL WIFI Modem,which has a Residential Router 1600 Nokia Seimens Network ADSL MODEM.

Anyone faced the similar problem?

RoboDefense (Best of the lot!!)

Prince Of Persia

Assassins creed

Texas holdem poker

Asphalt 3

World Poker tournament

Labyrinth

Block Breaker Deluxe

Sexy Poker! :D

I had asked this question earlier .Is there any app where i can use GPS ( i mean the real GPS and not using any GPRS).I am looking for something like Garmin where in maps are downloaded and only GPS is used with turn by turn directions.

@Vikid Thanks a lot mate ,u have been real helpfull .Reps coming your way and suggestion for music player please

MixZing Lite :)

Also you can use GPS without GPRS if you have the maps already downloaded.

Else there are paid apps like Sygic available, and the maps are provided my MapMyIndia ... pretty good i must say...

And heres the huge list :

hstmya.jpg

hey

i just bought the spica

I'm facing a peculiar problem

The phone picks up my wifi connection and pairs fine (Signal strength excellent)

but after that i am not able to browse any page through the inbuilt browser ..nor am i able to connect to the net on any other application

Any pointers????

my router --UTStarcom_WA3002G4

ISP --BSNL

the phone even gets an IP assigned to it

Can someone point me to a setting i haven't made

@ViKiD Thanks. Another question? Have you guys registered your phone with Samsung? I could't find the phone model on the Samsung India website! Isn't warranty going to be an issue without product registration?

check your router settings. looks like a mac filtering / max connection limit issue.

tallyme said:
hey
i just bought the spica
I'm facing a peculiar problem
The phone picks up my wifi connection and pairs fine (Signal strength excellent)
but after that i am not able to browse any page through the inbuilt browser ..nor am i able to connect to the net on any other application
Any pointers????

my router --UTStarcom_WA3002G4
ISP --BSNL

the phone even gets an IP assigned to it

Can someone point me to a setting i haven't made

Let me add to that list ... :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

FreeDroid.Tk

ViKiD said:
MixZing Lite :)

Also you can use GPS without GPRS if you have the maps already downloaded.

Else there are paid apps like Sygic available, and the maps are provided my MapMyIndia ... pretty good i must say...

And heres the huge list :

hstmya.jpg

Back