Trackers - Discussions Thread

I have never seen a tracker till date that has seedtime continuous period.
You will get a lot of time to complete 48hrs of seedtime :) min 10days +

Anyone have trouble connecting to TPB? PirateProxy, etc.. seem to work fine. Also unable to connect to a few of the public UDP trackers like publicbt, istoleit and openbittorrent.

What's weird is that if I use Tor, I can connect to the main TPB site without any issues.

^This may be relevant to you :
http://telecomtalk.info/has-dot-blocked-file-hosting-and-torrent-websites-in-india/119453/
Try using GoogleDNS / OpenDNS and see if you are able to bypass the blockade.

Can someone here please explain to me the advantage of being a member of these Elite Trackers, the same stuff becomes available on public trackers in less than 24 hrs most of the time doesn't it ?
Speeds are good I guess, but maintaining ratio is usually pretty tough..

Last edited:
GoogleDNS hasn't helped :( Even though he traceroute is successful.

I get HTTP Error 404 - File or Directory not found on thepiratebay and bayfiles. I don't care about the websites as much as I do about the trackers like openbt, etc..

Can someone here please explain to me the advantage of being a member of these Elite Trackers, the same stuff becomes available on public trackers in less than 24 hrs most of the time doesn't it ?

The quality is guaranteed and the content is warez/virus free. Plus giving back is good, keeps the scene going. Honor Among Thieves, basically...!

1) Not all of the stuff lands up on public trackers. Internal codes which are far superior do not come out in the open most of the times.
2) More options in terms of resolution.
3) Can request reseeding.
4) Can request uploading of new content.
5) The community/discussion is priceless.

Maintaining ratio might be a task, but not impossible. In the wake of the advantages which one gets, it is nothing really.
But having said that, if a person is just interested in getting mainstream stuff and not bothered about details/discussions, nothing like open trackers.

Last edited:
The quality is guaranteed and the content is warez/virus free. Plus giving back is good, keeps the scene going. Honor Among Thieves, basically...!
These days I wouldn't be too sure about that.
as people who upload stuff on IPT or any other trackers do it for the upload amount gained,
they'd source it from some other website and upload it as long as the content is big and there are enough leechers to get on it .
there is absolutely no checking if the stuff is malicious or in best case scenario a mere dud.
the only way you know a torrent is good is after at least a week, when you read the comments.
So as long as you are handling 0-day stuff, you've got to be a little cautious.
even a well known antivirus or firewall won't work on 0-day stuff.

But on the other hand I find p2p forums or p2p niche trackers to be a bit more reliable
trackers like Kickass.to and thepiratebay (verified uploads, verified uploader with many uploads)
bestrepack.net, rg-mechanics.3dn.ru have reliable stuff,
I know how this sounds, public tracker and safety are not 3 words used in same phrase often.

But the trick is identifying the Trusted or verified uploaders. it is as simple as that.

About the content retention.
while its true that a torrent would live longer in a private tracker,
its also true people upload the same stuff again and again in public trackers as there is no restriction.
so chances are that stuff uploaded in 2003 in IPT has 0 seeders,
while it was re-upped in TPB or KIckass 4 months ago by someone or the other just for the lulz.

I should know.
I have a humongous buffer in IPT , TL, BCG, Bitgamer(RIP), Comicbt, PTP, AHD and you name it.....
but i've left them all in favor of the public trackers.

latest game rips with all dlc and updates they have it, obscure books and comics they have it.
and they aren't hammering me or blackmailing me for my money every day lol. (Reference to IPT and TL)

Exactly why i'm so miffed with the trackers going down. Don't care much about the websites as new ones pop up. But there are some documentaries which I've found on are seeded on public trackers so not being able to connect to them is a big pain.

I just got a seedbox co account.

Any item that can help in building IPT ratio? There used to be that planet earth package once.

Also a new freshon TV user. Any help there?

You need to pick up fresh torrent, go with movie pack and TV pack but you need to jump on when they just appear on IPT otherwise you will not able to gain much upload from it as most early jumper has seedbox on IPT...
For example Movie *********** look at the seeder of that movie, you need to be early jumper to make ratio..
You can use RSS feed for automatically torrent download on your seedbox..
There are few guide available for that...

MOD EDIT:
Please do not mention torrent file names. Against the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, Its been 2 weeks and I am trying to seed in IPT. But nothing is happening. Can anyone guide me in building a good ration in IPT?

Pick up FL packs which have a large number of DL'ers. That should help you get started. The beginning is difficult, but that is the fun of PTs..!

So, Its been 2 weeks and I am trying to seed in IPT. But nothing is happening. Can anyone guide me in building a good ration in IPT?
The fastest way to seed in IPT and build good ratio is select the latest pron pack and download/seed it the moment its listed . If the pack is above 100GB you will surely make 300GB upload minimum .
abcd.com/torrents/?l91
change abcd to site name and open this . Generally check after 11 PM to 1 AM if you are awake . Bigger packs are generally uploaded by this time . Bigger the pack you can continue seeding for long . You don't have to select complete pack for download . Select files as per you HDD space .
Made 21TB using this . Nothing gives better upload than latest pron packs
pm me if you want more help[DOUBLEPOST=1405841805][/DOUBLEPOST]And also add 10 lowest size torrents to your seedbox to get bonus points

Last edited:
A general question. What exactly is their on IPTorrent and the like that isn't available easily on others? Does it have specific stuff or is it a more general tracker?

It has general content but because of the size, almost everything is available so its convenient. Plus quite easy to build a ratio.

Ok, let me rephrase that a bit. What is their on IPT, etc that isn't their on public trackers? Assuming IPT is a general private trackers and not for specific content.

Some packs (Movies/Games/XXX etc). Otherwise for a lot of the scene stuff, its posted before public trackers and it does not get inundated with leechers so speeds are good even if download as soon as the torrent is posted. I just opened their flac section and did a search for some of the latest torrents posted and none of them seem to be available on public trackers, only on usenet sites. Maybe they'll be posted later, I don't know.

Back