Trackers - Discussions Thread

Re: The Tracker's Discussions Thread

Hi,

am directly quoting rules for seeding from their site

1.3 Ratio and Seeding Requirements

1.3.1 The User is required to maintain a certain ratio (The Amount of Data Uploaded/The Amount of Data Downloaded).

1.3.1a The ratio required to be maintained is dependent upon the amount of data downloaded by the user. Please refer to the table below.

Amount downloaded

0-10 GB

10-25 GB

25-50 GB

50-75 GB

75-100 GB

100-150 GB

150+ GB Minimum required ratio

none

0.25*

* This requirement does not apply to accounts less than two weeks old.

1.3.2 If The User's ratio falls below their required ratio The User will be placed on Ratio Watch.

1.3.2a Once on Ratio Watch The User will have one week to improve their ratio before being automatically disabled.

1.3.2b If The User downloads more than 10GB worth of data while on ratio watch, The User's account will be automatically disabled.

1.3.3 Accounts younger than two weeks are exempt from ratio requirements until they have downloaded 25GB.

1.3.4 Accounts which have been placed on ratio watch twice will not be placed on ratio watch a third time, they will be disabled.

1.3.5 Each individual torrent is to remain seeded until either a 1.0 ratio or 72 hours of seeding time has been reached.

1.3.6 The repeated orphaning of torrents, i.e. ceasing to seed a torrent while the sole seeder, will not be tolerated, and any User found to be doing such will have their account quickly disabled. We know you don't want to be left as the only seeder on a torrent, but remember, if you are, that torrent will be freeleech and thus more attractive to download - thus providing the potential for a lot of upload credit.

1.3.7 MOTW shall not be abused. No more than two formats of the MotW should be leeched while the movie is freeleech. Anyone caught abusing this will be dealt with harshly. If you have uploaded a torrent in that film group it does not count as part of that allowance

its a good tracker it has opened signups after a long time so any1 who wants to can sign up

^^

Thank you for the comprehensive details. Now, how different is the tracked content vs. IPT/TD/TL...?

asingh said:
^^

Thank you for the comprehensive details. Now, how different is the tracked content vs. IPT/TD/TL...?

yes very different coz it is only a movie tracker and nothing else, it does house some rare content and documentaries u dont find elsewhere, if u are an uploader on a tracker, good grab site for movies

Torrentday reduces Bonuses to 3 PPH or effectively 72 Points Per Day :(

Time to let go for me, Will use it till buffer runs out or am pruned for low ratio (have 150GB buffer now)

Filelist and Demonoid and Rutracker FTW :D

will miss the Cool NPW releases

funkysourav said:

Time to let go for me, Will use it till buffer runs out or am pruned for low ratio (have 150GB buffer now)

well yep time for it to go on my lise aswell but there are other better trackers out there too like speed.cd dunno if registration are open but a very friendly one with good seed bonuses and friendly seeding.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

vishalk said:
well yep time for it to go on my lise aswell but there are other better trackers out there too like speed.cd dunno if registration are open but a very friendly one with good seed bonuses and friendly seeding.

but dunno if torrentday rule change will affect me as i use a box so don't care less :)

vishalk said:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

but dunno if torrentday rule change will affect me as i use a box so don't care less :)

i am only concerned with the NPW releases which are priceless for me

AFAIK speed.cd doesn't have NPW and not too good content and activity to start with

i am stuck at TD only due to NPW, haven't found an alternative tracker which has NPW releases as well

funkysourav said:

Still not that bad. :)

^^

Yea, after going PT, they are realizing. And now putting in constraints. Content is good.

funkysourav said:
i am only concerned with the NPW releases which are priceless for me
AFAIK speed.cd doesn't have NPW and not too good content and activity to start with
i am stuck at TD only due to NPW, haven't found an alternative tracker which has NPW releases as well

yeah i kindda agree with u on that however, always an alternative source, i can find npw on other trackers too so dont think too much to worry bout.

News on what.cd

finally: Freeleech!

For the next three days, all music torrents will be freeleech.

New uploads (anything uploaded after this announcement) are excluded from the freeleech—you can use your fl tokens on these.

The freeleech will be ended early if the site and tracker cannot handle the load.

Legal Threats Shut Down Diwana BitTorrent Tracker

For more than half a decade Diwana.org was serving TV-shows from Australia and New Zealand to a close community, but this ended abruptly a few hours ago.

The site’s owner told TorrentFreak that his web-hosting company Leaseweb was approached by the Dutch anti-piracy outfit BREIN. They were asked to shut down the site.

This is nothing new as BREIN does the same to hundreds of other sites each year, but Diwana’s operator decided not to be chased or threatened and closed the site.

He tells his story in full on the site’s homepage. link:http://diwana.org/

Diwana had 40,214 members and listed 34,295 torrents. The first torrent was uploaded in March 2006.

Source : Legal Threats Shut Down Diwana BitTorrent Tracker | TorrentFreak

Re: Legal Threats Shut Down Diwana BitTorrent Tracker

With the name, i first thought it was some sort of desi tracker.

I am sure BWT, DT etc must be receiving such threats a lot.

Re: Legal Threats Shut Down Diwana BitTorrent Tracker

raksrules said:
With the name, i first thought it was some sort of desi tracker.

I am sure BWT, DT etc must be receiving such threats a lot.

Yeah, that has crossed my mind, and can only think of 2 things, either desi production houses have not complained to BREIN, else they are not part of the MAFIAA.

<snipped>

Can someone please list out some music trackers.I am looking for electronic music in particular trance etc. I know of the following trackers trancetraffic,waffles,what,tranceroute thats it. Can anyone tell me some more trackers preferably open registration ones.

Back