Whom are you going to vote in India in 2013-14 elections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No bro, im simply referring to a comment that someone made earlier abt there being no proof and no arrest made and hence innocent. i honestly have no sympathy for sanjay dutt or alike, but just making a point that the top politician always gets away whilst people lower get accountable.

the problem is you believing $hit ndtv gives to support sanjay dutt.

he was not booked for just holding weapons.

i can only post things what the advocate has to say.

if you cannot understand the language, i can help you with it further.
484775_545953202093222_2127740218_n.jpg

in short sanjay dutts house was used as warehouse for all those explosives used in the 93 blasts. he knew that it was a big risk , so he did not agree to keep it with him for long. to put it in perspective he knew of all the plans for the blasts, yet he helped them and did nothing to prevent the killing of over 257 persons due to those blasts. he was let off lightly because his family is associated with the congress. just to understand the gravity of his guilt, his servant who accepted the parcel of AK-47 was sentenced for 10 years under TADA and the one who ordered and possessed it was sentenced for 5 years. Go figure.

The Anti-Sikh violence was not due to religious instigation, it was politically motivated. I never defended Congress on that front, they are one of the main reasons for the 1984 riots, but there were never religious motivations behind them.

And reservations are different than violence, don't club them together. Reservations are unjustified in a country where equality for all is followed to a tee, but that's not the case in India. If that were the case, the upper castes would still be dumping their shot on their lower ones. It has all become a mess now as the lines are blurring between the castes in urban areas, but casteism is still prevalent in rural areas. It's better to have reservations based on financial backwardness in current times, rather than basing it on caste.

And the majority of Modi supporters are religious zealots - that I have observed, but not all of them. I don't support one party over the another.
I am confused. So what you are saying is if violence is politically motivated, they are more acceptable? Thats what Modi has done wrong. Oh, I get it now.
Do you even know about Operation Bluestar? How the army stormed into the holiest place of Sikh worship? I guess that in your term will not be religious instigation.

Let me tell you a secret -
Everything is politically motivated. Even the ones which you will like to place on religious motivations. So please read a bit of history before saying things like this.

reservation is not Casteist violence but forms a large part of it. I just gave you one example. It acts as an enabler for things happening now. Every "backward" caste can now sit on rail tracks to demand their fair share.

Besides this, I still dont see how BJP is "worse" than Congress. Everything done by BJP has been trumped by Congress hundred times over. Thankfully for them we lived in an era of lower news coverage. Only possible news was via DD1, government propaganda channel.

I have also observed people who are staunch critic of Modi are close to religious zealots --- The NDTV "sheeple" kind. It has been time and again proven how "secularism" is being used to play with people opinion. Still I digress.
I am not supporter of Modi, what he did was wrong but that doesnt wipe away the things which Congress and their lackeys are responsible for.

I am confused. So what you are saying is if violence is politically motivated, they are more acceptable? Thats what Modi has done wrong. Oh, I get it now.
Do you even know about Operation Bluestar? How the army stormed into the holiest place of Sikh worship? I guess that in your term will not be religious instigation.

Let me tell you a secret -
Everything is politically motivated. Even the ones which you will like to place on religious motivations. So please read a bit of history before saying things like this.

reservation is not Casteist violence but forms a large part of it. I just gave you one example. It acts as an enabler for things happening now. Every "backward" caste can now sit on rail tracks to demand their fair share.

Besides this, I still dont see how BJP is "worse" than Congress. Everything done by BJP has been trumped by Congress hundred times over. Thankfully for them we lived in an era of lower news coverage. Only possible news was via DD1, government propaganda channel.

I have also observed people who are staunch critic of Modi are close to religious zealots --- The NDTV "sheeple" kind. It has been time and again proven how "secularism" is being used to play with people opinion. Still I digress.
I am not supporter of Modi, what he did was wrong but that doesnt wipe away the things which Congress and their lackeys are responsible for.

Think you misunderstood the whole thing. Clearly we aint saying that congress is better than BJP. But what i for one am saying is "NO MODI"
You get any leader from bjp as pm, im ok. Hell make Sidhu the PM and im ok with it. Just no Modi. If you yourself are saying that what modi did is wrong, then can you back him as the PM?
Thats what atleast i was tring to say till @TheIndian got into punjab and nehru and what not.

Boss those leaders are gone, Modi is now/here. The whole topic is who as ur next pm?

Last edited by a moderator:
Think you misunderstood the whole thing. Clearly we aint saying that congress is better than BJP. But what i for one am saying is "NO MODI"
You get any leader from bjp as pm, im ok. Hell make Sidhu the PM and im ok with it. Just no Modi. If you yourself are saying that what modi did is wrong, then can you back him as the PM?
Thats what atleast i was tring to say till @TheIndian got into punjab and nehru and what not.

Boss those leaders are gone, Modi is now/here. The whole topic is who as ur next pm?
Bro, the reply was not directed at you, rather @blkrb0t cause he clearly said that. Check this post:
http://www.techenclave.com/communit...-2013-14-elections.147533/page-5#post-1813610
I never contested your dislike towards Modi. Everyone has their right to choose their leader. I understand that.

You gave reason why no Modi, I am refuting those reasons. We want a better India with a capable PM not a rubber stamp like we have at present.

as far as memory goes , only last year assam too witnessed riots and those riots too were on for a long duration.

now what parallels did you draw out of those two riots to come to a conclusion that modi did was worse than a CONg ruled state.

considering that

1) riots did take place when BJP has no presence in that state.

2) reporting was not a 0.1% close to live reporting of events in gujrat.

3) there were no dead bodies, no fire shown no people crying for help depicted in the asssam riots.

4) there was no cause known for those riots.
it was just mentioned that riots broke off between communities whereas everybody knew who as the aggresive community in that

as far as memory goes , only last year assam too witnessed riots and those riots too were on for a long duration.

now what parallels did you draw out of those two riots to come to a conclusion that modi did was worse than a CONg ruled state.

considering that

1) riots did take place when BJP has no presence in that state.

2) reporting was not a 0.1% close to live reporting of events in gujrat.

3) there were no dead bodies, no fire shown no people crying for help depicted in the asssam riots.

4) there was no cause known for those riots.
it was just mentioned that riots broke off between communities whereas everybody knew who as the aggresive community in that
Actually even in Modi's case he had asked for more police forces from Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra and Rajasthan. But all of them being congress ruled states, all of them refused to help. This fact is known.
Also some people allege him of being hindu fanatic. IF that was the case he wouldn't have ordered the demolotion of 80 unauthorised Hindu Temples.

The case of Assam violence was not even covered by the paid media.

how long are you guys going to stretch the thread?

all those hoping modi will come and bring a miracle to your lives , keep hoping ....he is not coming , ever! even advani will pull the rug under him if it means him getting power , and he has been wanting to become pm since i remember
for number of people outside not wanting him , inside BJP there are even more,
anyway whichever party comes to power , i can give you one thing in writing , nothing will change :) , people in power will continue corruption , prices will rise , everything else will worsen , $ to rs wil be @50 , interest rates be @8-10% , inflation will go up and down,
just stop wasting time on debating these things and live your life

how long are you guys going to stretch the thread?

all those hoping modi will come and bring a miracle to your lives , keep hoping ....he is not coming , ever! even advani will pull the rug under him if it means him getting power , and he has been wanting to become pm since i remember
for number of people outside not wanting him , inside BJP there are even more,
anyway whichever party comes to power , i can give you one thing in writing , nothing will change :) , people in power will continue corruption , prices will rise , everything else will worsen , $ to rs wil be @50 , interest rates be @8-10% , inflation will go up and down,
just stop wasting time on debating these things and live your life
We will continue it for ever if need be. If you realise it's not just about Modi, its about speaking up for your faith and beliefs without being scared about it in your own country.

Perhaps head in the sand people are needed less and more who are willing to say what is right even though it may not be the "in" thing.

Long thread, so haven't read each post. Here is what I think...

There's a whole cottage industry based around Modi bashing. Media houses, NGOs and opposing political parties have pronounced him guilty; often for profit.

Teesta Setalvad is case in point. She went after his throat and media channels presented her view as gospel, until a lot of the victims that she 'represented' got court orders to stop her from meeting them. And then one of her colleagues spilled beans about massive overseas funds her NGO gets to go after Modi and quite a few of her witnesses were paid and tutored.
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/1751492/report-teesta-setalwad-liable-for-criminal-action-say-police
http://www.mediacrooks.com/2011/01/recall-teestas-padma-shri-give-her.html#.UWuGjtmnLEQ
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teesta_Setalvad#False_cases_controversy

Another case in point here:
Zee News spices up Modi's comments about the riots being a response to Godhra.
http://www.reddit.com/r/india/comments/1bs8ya/what_media_wouldnt_show_you_narendra_modis_speech/

Statements made by Narendra Modi on 1.03.2002 - “Kriya pratikriya ki chain chal rahi hai. Hum chhahate hain ki na kriya ho aur na pratikriya” (A chain of action-reaction has set in. We wish to see an end to both action and reaction) Zee TV Interview with Sudhir Chowdhary , Gandhinagar. SIT Investigation established that Zee TV deleted the last line to give the impression that Modi was justifying “ reaction” by way of mob violence to avenge the killings of Godhra.

And another case in point:
One Congress Muslim parliamentarian, Ehsan Jafri, was killed by a mob during 2002. Turns out that the person leading the mob was a Congressman, and a political rival of Jafri. Go figure! And Modi was blamed for his killing too.

Also, if interested, read these Modinama's from Madhu Kishwar, erstwhile left-winger and another Modi baiter who went on a personal fact finding mission in Gujarat. What she found out turned her into a Modi-fan lady. Long articles, but do take time out to read them - Modinama's 1 to 5.
http://www.manushi.in/articleList.php

Fact is, Gujarat, like rest of India has always had Hindu-Muslim riots. After 10 years of hounding him and with zillions of fact finding committees, the Supreme Court and the SIT has found Modi not guilty for the 2002 ones.

Of all politicians in India, I find 3 CMs truly working for their people...Narendra Modi, Shivraj Singh of MP and Manohar Parrikar of Goa. All 3 of BJP, so no wonder, I'm gravitating towards them this time.

All three have a 'development-is-first' agenda, which most of us Indians are now wishing for instead of out-dated ideological, identity, dynastic, caste and religious politics.

But what worries me no end, is that these parties will still go for the latter and along with a heavy dose of populism... Free power, free laptops, free cash, free rice, NREGA and what have you.

Therefore, I'm not too optimistic about the future of India. But I'm still going to vote.

Long thread, so haven't read each post. Here is what I think...

There's a whole cottage industry based around Modi bashing. Media houses, NGOs and opposing political parties have pronounced him guilty; often for profit.

Teesta Setalvad is case in point. She went after his throat and media channels presented her view as gospel, until a lot of the victims that she 'represented' got court orders to stop her from meeting them. And then one of her colleagues spilled beans about massive overseas funds her NGO gets to go after Modi and quite a few of her witnesses were paid and tutored.
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/1751492/report-teesta-setalwad-liable-for-criminal-action-say-police
http://www.mediacrooks.com/2011/01/recall-teestas-padma-shri-give-her.html#.UWuGjtmnLEQ
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teesta_Setalvad#False_cases_controversy

Another case in point here:
Zee News spices up Modi's comments about the riots being a response to Godhra.
http://www.reddit.com/r/india/comments/1bs8ya/what_media_wouldnt_show_you_narendra_modis_speech/

And another case in point:
One Congress Muslim parliamentarian, Ehsan Jafri, was killed by a mob during 2002. Turns out that the person leading the mob was a Congressman, and a political rival of Jafri. Go figure! And Modi was blamed for his killing too.

Also, if interested, read these Modinama's from Madhu Kishwar, erstwhile left-winger and another Modi baiter who went on a personal fact finding mission in Gujarat. What she found out turned her into a Modi-fan lady. Long articles, but do take time out to read them - Modinama's 1 to 5.
http://www.manushi.in/articleList.php

Fact is, Gujarat, like rest of India has always had Hindu-Muslim riots. After 10 years of hounding him and with zillions of fact finding committees, the Supreme Court and the SIT has found Modi not guilty for the 2002 ones.

Of all politicians in India, I find 3 CMs truly working for their people...Narendra Modi, Shivraj Singh of MP and Manohar Parrikar of Goa. All 3 of BJP, so no wonder, I'm gravitating towards them this time.

All three have a 'development-is-first' agenda, which most of us Indians are now wishing for instead of out-dated ideological, identity, dynastic, caste and religious politics.

But what worries me no end, is that these parties will still go for the latter and along with a heavy dose of populism... Free power, free laptops, free cash, free rice, NREGA and what have you.

Therefore, I'm not too optimistic about the future of India. But I'm still going to vote.

You missed out Nitish as a good CM.

I agree with you about the rest of your post, especially about Hindu Muslim riots , and more important the absence of any in the last decade in Gujarat.

I can live in a Corrupt Country rather than in a Hindu-Muslim Riots Country!
Nice to hear your thoughts about where you can live, how about sharing your thoughts about what is causing all these riots ?

EDIT: And any ideas on how to stop them ?

I can live in a Corrupt Country rather than in a Hindu-Muslim Riots Country!
Look deeper and you'll realize the former actually leads to the latter, at least in these present times...

Its not so straightforward I admit; but a corrupt political system, administrators and people-in-charge don't care much about the rest of us work or earn or live. Over a period of time, the junta gets frustrated and vents out its anger in whatever it thinks, or is made to think is the root of its problems. Religion, caste are convenient excuses. And where there's a source of income, where there's work, a decent standard of living; people don't bother with non-issues like religion.

Look at Pakistan - general economic breakdown, widespread frustration and the public is made to believe that Islam is in danger and therefore Islamists most probably will win the elections.

Now look at Malaysia - another Islamic nation, yet people there don't take to the streets for Islamist causes. Why, because people there are generally doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back