Whom are you going to vote in India in 2013-14 elections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TheIndian

Details on what exactly? You need me to make previous comment more detailed or you're looking for more sources?

Last edited by a moderator:
@TheIndian No disrespect but how old are you. Asking cause this is fairly recent and unless you are in your early teens, i cant imagine you not knowing what really happened.
Does it matter what age I am? You did say it was never to be forgotten ? What is never to be forgotten ? What exactly happened?

@TheIndian

Details on what exactly? You need me to make previous comment more detailed or you're looking for more sources?
Well you do keep saying something terrible happened , what was it ? Are there any parallels to this "terrible" deed you keep talking about yet keep glossing over it without saying it.

Well you do keep saying something terrible happened , what was it ? Are there any parallels to this "terrible" deed you keep talking about yet keep glossing over it without saying it.

I never said anything "terrible" happened, when did I say that? I was actually praising Modi for the way he uplifted Gujarat and brought if up from shackles of repression.

I never said anything "terrible" happened, when did I say that? I was actually praising Modi for the way he uplifted Gujarat and brought if up from shackles of repression.
You have a strange way of saying that, your post sounds like the exact opposite.[DOUBLEPOST=1365895082][/DOUBLEPOST]
Come come, I am sure you can detail which part of it you think is horrendous. Lets not just show links, but say it out along with with our thoughts.

If there are so much evidences available against MODi, why is he not an accused in any of the SIT findings.
I believe those SITs are not working under MODi and the way the centre twists facts to save their own leaders (jagdish tytler) they should have enough evidence already.

If there are so much evidences available against MODi, why is he not an accused in any of the SIT findings.
I believe those SITs are not working under MODi and the way the centre twists facts to save their own leaders (jagdish tytler) they should have enough evidence already.

when has any politician been in jail even with evidence? opposition or in power?

when has any politician been in jail even with evidence? opposition or in power?
there is a chautala in jail.

the courts have dismissed the CBI investigation stating that jagdish tytler was not involved in sikh riots.

these are the recent events.
also been proven guilty or not is an altogether different matter, but the party in power(centre) who has those bureaus in their control , they should have atleast chargesheeted him for any of those accusations right?

You seem to forget the party in power is GUNNING for Modi, and they would love to see him indicted. This is not SP or BSP who will support them (Cong) when threatened, This is BJP who will NEVER support the congress

@TheIndian

BJP and Congress are two faces of the same coin, only BJP adds religious ideology into the mix, while Congress plays it safe.

@TheIndian

Whilst no one will ever be able to prove a thing against, all his aids r either behind bars or have cases against them. @Amit Shah being the most recent case.

Now here's the thing. We have first hand seen how the ministers had driven the mob and police alike. Everyone that i know has either shifted out of baroda, halol, Ahmedabad and either moved out of gujrat or moved into Surat. The poor lost their lives and the affluent lost their businesses. Whilst no one can actually prove him guilty cause he wasnt physically present there, the point is that he was the CM and he let it happen. Similar case was the mumbai riots and till date i cant remember any politician getting booked. All we know is Sanjay dutt is gonna be behind bars for holding weapons. I cannot remember any shiv sena/BJP leader held responsible for the bombay riots either.

The thing is, they aint never gonna get booked for such offences. Corruption yes, scams yes, riots never...

Now would you want such a guy to be ur PM if u had the knowledge of him being directly responsible for what happened in 2002.
When mobs have ur details and r coming to kill you, thats no less than Genocide..
I have no problem if Arum jaitley or Sushma Swaraj is the next PM. Infact they too are equally deserving.

So again, would it be OK for you to see such a guy as your PM? If yes than clearly we r both from a very different school of thought..

@TheIndian

BJP and Congress are two faces of the same coin, only BJP adds religious ideology into the mix, while Congress plays it safe.
Plays it safe ? They have divided the country, all the rubbish you see all over, religious violence, (past) Punjab violence, Kashmir, Caste violence, its ALL direct result of them splitting the country with favors for a particular part of it.

What is wrong with one nation one law, isn't that how it is the world over ? Please feel to correct me if that is not how it is.

Plays it safe ? They have divided the country, all the rubbish you see all over, religious violence, (past) Punjab violence, Kashmir, Caste violence, its ALL direct result of them splitting the country with favors for a particular part of it.

What is wrong with one nation one law, isn't that how it is the world over ? Please feel to correct me if that is not how it is.

Caste violence is due to congress? Religious violence due to Congress? And ALL direct result of ONLY Congress?

I am not defending Congress here, but BJP has worse record than Congress when in comes to violence related activities, considering that's how they flourished and came to power in the 90s.

@TheIndian

Whilst no one will ever be able to prove a thing against, all his aids r either behind bars or have cases against them. @Amit Shah being the most recent case.

Now here's the thing. We have first hand seen how the ministers had driven the mob and police alike. Everyone that i know has either shifted out of baroda, halol, Ahmedabad and either moved out of gujrat or moved into Surat. The poor lost their lives and the affluent lost their businesses. Whilst no one can actually prove him guilty cause he wasnt physically present there, the point is that he was the CM and he let it happen. Similar case was the mumbai riots and till date i cant remember any politician getting booked. All we know is Sanjay dutt is gonna be behind bars for holding weapons. I cannot remember any shiv sena/BJP leader held responsible for the bombay riots either.

The thing is, they aint never gonna get booked for such offences. Corruption yes, scams yes, riots never...

Now would you want such a guy to be ur PM if u had the knowledge of him being directly responsible for what happened in 2002.
When mobs have ur details and r coming to kill you, thats no less than Genocide..
I have no problem if Arum jaitley or Sushma Swaraj is the next PM. Infact they too are equally deserving.

So again, would it be OK for you to see such a guy as your PM? If yes than clearly we r both from a very different school of thought..

And yet I guess the riots erupted for no reason? Of as in the case of Ahmadabad a train was attacked and people slaughtered, or as in the case of Mumbai crackers used to be burst and sweets distributed in Muslim dominated areas when India lost an India Pakistan cricket match and when the bombs burst so many times ? Would you like to talk about that and condone it, or ignore it?

And what about parallels in history, you seem to have forgotten them even though they were far worse. It appears to me even the smallest crimes against muslims should be blown out of proportion and remembered in perpetuity whereas even the biggest of crimes against others should be trivialized and swept under the rug. I do not see anyone standing up for the Sikhs and blaming the Congress. Would you like to take up their cause and speak up ? It was FAR worse than anything that you saw or heard about Ahmadabad.

less than 200 years back an entire native population across an entire continent was wiped out and its survivors stuck in "reserves" Would you like to guess where? Or its "too old". I can go on there are 100s of examples all over, the most glaring being there was a 20% Hindu population in Pakistan at time of partition, today there is ___________ go on fill in the blanks (Hint divide by a factor of 10 ATLEAST) Would you like to do the same for India? Give it a shot.

I remember a time when Hindu Muslim rioting in Abad results was a scorecard in the papers every day. How many of which religion died and were hurt yesterday. I haven't seen such a scorecard in years. I have also interacted with Muslims in Abad, and more than a few are more interested in the aftermath rather than the past and they seemed to have no complaints, in fact seemed happier.

I do not condone violence of any kind by anyone, but nor am I "Turn the other cheek" kind of guy. I believe in one nation one law, the way its done the world over where the faith of the majority population is kept in mind. Would you like the same ?

You cannot create a separate quasi state within a state with separate laws, ITS NOT DONE and will always result in acrimony.

Caste violence is due to congress? Religious violence due to Congress? And ALL direct result of ONLY Congress?

I am not defending Congress here, but BJP has worse record than Congress when in comes to violence related activities, considering that's how they flourished and came to power in the 90s.
YES - because of the divisive policies.

Lets get to the point, are you for one Nation one law, as I have mentioned above. Or would you like to see something else?

Arvind Kejriwal - not mature enough at this point of time, he is oversensitive & less diplomatic which is bad thing.
No harm in BJP, although they lacks goal. atlest BJP guys are not stuffing Indian money in swiss bank, don't think & act like a monarchy & don't have a stand-up comedian, rapist, illiterate with fake degree as vp of party.
Vote for congress if you want petrol Rs.200/- per liter in next 18 month, more Hindu-muslim riots ,that's the only thing these party can do, stop poor people getting education & brainwash them & spread hatred.

This bloodhy govt. is after modi for something he is not done, what about 1984 - Sikh Massacre ? bloody gandi commented "when a big tree falls, the earth shakes'" .. bloodhy mofo does he even knew what is the pain of loosing family members ? and inhuman torture to innocent people in jail....

some one asking P. Chidambaram.. OMG this guy robbed my house when he was home minister & robbing my bank now he is finance minister. forgot the security scam by him which is buried now ....[DOUBLEPOST=1365932339][/DOUBLEPOST]

1. yes
2. is it? i cant remember any can you give some example of such incident which wasn't remote controlled by congress ?

congress is very active in scams right from the very day of independence.
Jeep Purchase Scam (1948)............80 lakh rupees scam Krishna Menon, Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru's trusted ally and the defense minister. this is when the swiss bank account is opened in gandhi-family rest you are smart enough to check wikileaks & verify the facts :)

I like the way you accused Modi supporters being close to religious zealots. Then you go ahead and do the same defense for Congress. Now I dont know if you are being a troll or what.
Caste violence due to Congress, hmmm lets see...who introduced the caseist policies and still continue to support it? So much so that after 50 damn years we need more caste based reservations rather than less. IT must not be Congress fault - provided they have been the ruling party for lesser time than BJP. Isnt ?
Religious violence - I wonder who instigated Sikhs via Operation Bluestar - not Congress, must be BJP. So much so that the many Sikhs fled to Canada and refuse to come back - they instead continue to pledge money for Khalistan.

I don't support BJP or Modi. But what I dont understand is how is Congress any way better than them. They are the worst of the lot. They have taught other parties that using casteist, religious lines are way better politics in India.

congress should be eradicated & arvind should should be given a a chance, but he is stil in process of making a strong party , bjp might be considered this time.

just googled something. link ;- http://www.history.com/topics/indira-gandhi

Indira Gandhi: Autocratic Leadership

Following the 1972 national elections, Gandhi was accused of misconduct by her political opponent and, in 1975, was convicted of electoral corruption by the High Court of Allahabad and prohibited from running in another election for six years. Instead of resigning as expected, she responded by declaring a state of emergency on June 25, whereby citizens’ civil liberties were suspended, the press was acutely censored and the majority of her opposition was detained without trial. Throughout what became referred to as the “Reign of Terror,” thousands of dissidents were imprisoned without due process.

Gandhi was assassinated by two of her bodyguards on October 31, 1984, ushering her son Rajiv into power and igniting extensive anti-Sikh riots.

I for one can't understand how some people here equate PM Modi with a more decisive government. Being decisive is more a function of the number of seats you/your party commands in the parliament. He enjoys that absolutely in Gujarat and recently used that to belligerent effect by clipping the wings of that state's Lokayukta. No way the BJP is going to get a majority on its own in the house; those days are well and truly over. So how will Modi function in a setup that requires you to think multiple times before committing to even a single new decision owing to ally sentiments/preferences/pressures. That's a question only time can answer. I am asking this since decisiveness seems to be his main trump card as we near the polls.

He is no Atal either; someone who appealed to a wider cross section of allies and supporters. This also enabled him to pip Advani to the post of PM even though the latter played a more visible/aggressive role in bringing BJP to national prominence. Like Advani, Modi may bring in the votes but just like him may not inspire enough confidence among allies or the general populace. Question is, who's straddling Atal's shoes now ?

@TheIndian

the problem is you believing $hit ndtv gives to support sanjay dutt.

he was not booked for just holding weapons.

i can only post things what the advocate has to say.

if you cannot understand the language, i can help you with it further.
484775_545953202093222_2127740218_n.jpg

in short sanjay dutts house was used as warehouse for all those explosives used in the 93 blasts. he knew that it was a big risk , so he did not agree to keep it with him for long. to put it in perspective he knew of all the plans for the blasts, yet he helped them and did nothing to prevent the killing of over 257 persons due to those blasts. he was let off lightly because his family is associated with the congress. just to understand the gravity of his guilt, his servant who accepted the parcel of AK-47 was sentenced for 10 years under TADA and the one who ordered and possessed it was sentenced for 5 years. Go figure.

The Anti-Sikh violence was not due to religious instigation, it was politically motivated. I never defended Congress on that front, they are one of the main reasons for the 1984 riots, but there were never religious motivations behind them.

And reservations are different than violence, don't club them together. Reservations are unjustified in a country where equality for all is followed to a tee, but that's not the case in India. If that were the case, the upper castes would still be dumping their shot on their lower ones. It has all become a mess now as the lines are blurring between the castes in urban areas, but casteism is still prevalent in rural areas. It's better to have reservations based on financial backwardness in current times, rather than basing it on caste.

And the majority of Modi supporters are religious zealots - that I have observed, but not all of them. I don't support one party over the another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back