Whom are you going to vote in India in 2013-14 elections?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't follow or understand politics much but I would like to know why is Narendra Modi termed as 'non-secular' by some politicians?

Can someone also help me with obtaining a Voter's ID? I have gone to Election office a few times to register but they keep saying that they are not registering new people now and will put an ad in paper. Once I even took a print out of registration form from jaagore and filled the form but they refused to accept it saying that the form has been updated. When I asked for the updated form they said they didn't have it.

They keep making me go round in circles. The entire system is a sham.

^^ i guess pure perception[DOUBLEPOST=1366012912][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can live in a Corrupt Country rather than in a Hindu-Muslim Riots Country!
please provide you view in sikh massacre ...... can you adjust/live in that ?

man you need to see nana pateker movies to come out of Hindu-mushlim illusion.

I don't follow or understand politics much but I would like to know why is Narendra Modi termed as 'non-secular' by some politicians?

Can someone also help me with obtaining a Voter's ID? I have gone to Election office a few times to register but they keep saying that they are not registering new people now and will put an ad in paper. Once I even took a print out of registration form from jaagore and filled the form but they refused to accept it saying that the form has been updated. When I asked for the updated form they said they didn't have it.

They keep making go round in circles. The entire system is a sham.
In Karnataka they are not taking any more registrations. Now any more registrations would happen only after Lok-Sabha elections.

In Karnataka they are not taking any more registrations. Now any more registrations would happen only after Lok-Sabha elections.

I reside in Maharashtra (Mumbai). They had asked me to come in April but it was the same story.

Why can't this be a year-round process like Passport registration is beyond me?

I reside in Maharashtra (Mumbai). They had asked me to come in April but it was the same story.

Why can't this be a year-round process like Passport registration is beyond me?
That's because they are in-efficient. That's why i feel all these work should be given to Private companies, where it is handled more professionally.

Nice to hear your thoughts about where you can live, how about sharing your thoughts about what is causing all these riots ?

EDIT: And any ideas on how to stop them ?

reason is simple : divide and rule policy by politicians.
We Indians are so sensitive we fall easy prey on this caste / religion ( specially the section of population who are not able to gain decent education ).
i was shocked to know today ( thanks to NDTV) there are these still "untouchable" culture practiced in major part of Gujarat - hailed is the best state of India.

No idea how to stop them man, until we make the real-literacy rate atlest 70% , this doesn't mean people can just read or write / the govt fake figure of 74.04%.
This means real literacy when people are mature enough to make judgement based on logic and facts.
currently this 74.04% is calculated in same manner where govt declared earning 29/- per day are rich ( enough to buy bread for their family ) make all starving people look rich in papers.
I doubt if the real rate is even 50% today.

reason is simple : divide and rule policy by politicians.
We Indians are so sensitive we fall easy prey on this caste / religion ( specially the section of population who are not able to gain decent education ).
i was shocked to know today ( thanks to NDTV) there are these still "untouchable" culture practiced in major part of Gujarat - hailed is the best state of India.

No idea how to stop them man, until we make the real-literacy rate atlest 70% , this doesn't mean people can just read or write / the govt fake figure of 74.04%.
This means real literacy when people are mature enough to make judgement based on logic and facts.
currently this 74.04% is calculated in same manner where govt declared earning 29/- per day are rich ( enough to buy bread for their family ) make all starving people look rich in papers.
I doubt if the real rate is even 50% today.
I agree with you, I was wondering if @NDragger had any opinion or thoughts on the subject other than parroting the popular line.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know nothing about politics, i put that statement what i felt being a common man. :blackeye:
I have nothing against Muslims, Sikhs OR any religion!

Look deeper and you'll realize the former actually leads to the latter, at least in these present times...

Its not so straightforward I admit; but a corrupt political system, administrators and people-in-charge don't care much about the rest of us work or earn or live. Over a period of time, the junta gets frustrated and vents out its anger in whatever it thinks, or is made to think is the root of its problems. Religion, caste are convenient excuses. And where there's a source of income, where there's work, a decent standard of living; people don't bother with non-issues like religion.

Look at Pakistan - general economic breakdown, widespread frustration and the public is made to believe that Islam is in danger and therefore Islamists most probably will win the elections.

Now look at Malaysia - another Islamic nation, yet people there don't take to the streets for Islamist causes. Why, because people there are generally doing well.

Slightly OT. The reason there are less riots in Malaysia now is because the government made Reservations for the Majority (Malay Muslims). Yes, the Majority and not the minorities (Chinese,Indian etc.). When HINDRAF tried protesting against this policy they were blackmailed into silence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bumiputera_(Malaysia)http://www.indianexpress.com/news/in-the-land-of-bhumiputra-division/247985/

Just FYI, Malaysia, Indonesia, Maldives have 90%+ Muslim population where the minorities aren't even considered a part of the population. Maldives has no churches/temples etc and only has mosques. But I digress.

I have missed latter of the thread by now, however have one question..

Is it really in our hand on choosing the PM? Looks like currently its in hand regional parties.
Both congress and bjp get similar no. of seats and it depends upon the selfish fellows of sp, bsp, aiadmk, tmc etc on which side they would go and make that coalition come in power.
So how are we choosing our PM??

I have missed latter of the thread by now, however have one question..

Is it really in our hand on choosing the PM? Looks like currently its in hand regional parties.
Both congress and bjp get similar no. of seats and it depends upon the selfish fellows of sp, bsp, aiadmk, tmc etc on which side they would go and make that coalition come in power.
So how are we choosing our PM??
Well why don't you put in some effort to get the pendlum away from the self serving parties ? Warming the bench is not going to help achieve that.

Great discussion going here ... Everyone blaming BJP ,Modi,Rahul ...list goes on .. This will be there throughout end of the discussion... But the real questions are
Why do you think Rahul is Best candidate for P.M? :oops:
Are you happy with ruling party? Justify[DOUBLEPOST=1366183022][/DOUBLEPOST]
MODI MODI MODI...
He is coool ...

Great discussion going here ... Everyone blaming BJP ,Modi,Rahul ...list goes on .. This will be there throughout end of the discussion... But the real questions are
Why do you think Rahul is Best candidate for P.M? :oops:
Are you happy with ruling party? Justify[DOUBLEPOST=1366183022][/DOUBLEPOST]
He is coool ...
Rahul is best candidate because he is handsome :rolleyes::rolleyes: and Gandhi family o_Oo_O legacy is there :p:p

After reading all through this entire post I am still confused as to whom to vote for.

Choose the corrupt Congress (don't really want to) or choose the NDA combine with its allies like the Shiv Sena who are worse than the Congress.

For those still believing that Congress and NDA are so different do note that no Shiv Sena leader has ever been thrown into jail for the 1993 riots in Mumbai even though there was plenty of news coverage of their inflammatory speeches and actions against the minorities.

The Congress has been in power both in the state and in the center for a decade now and if they really wanted to they would have locked up half the Shiv Sena leaders behind bars. Yet they all remain free and the leader of the Shiv Sena even had a state funeral organized for him !

Similarly the CBI (which many people say is the lap dog of the Congress) has been very soft on Advani and his alleged role in the Babri Masjid demolition (which btw also has seen no real arrests).

And lets not forget that the erstwhile leader of the BJP - Nitin Gadhkari had a hand in the Irrigation scam with the NCP and Congress. I cannot believe that no one else from the BJP was also in league with the Congress and NCP.

Their former president Bhangaru Laxman too was caught taking a bribe and was forced to resign. Of course Tehelka is surely hand in glove with the Congress but the tapes which brought about Mr Laxman's downfall were found to be genuine by a 3rd party company.

Sadly there is no alternative to the Congress or BJP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back