Wifie DEMANDS - 9kg+ Top Loading Washing Machine EDIT: Bought LG 7.5 kg T8018AEEP5

^^ WTF is that.... seriously... for just Rs100. But it says Free shipping only for products above Rs500.
I tried to check out one order but the City is hardcoded to Chennai, Even then when I gave a fake address and checked out it shows shipping and handling cost as ZERO.
Stupid site... stupid scam....
There is no payment page....

The Haier 8kg model should fit easily in the spot because the depth is only 560mm.

Thanks it's on my distant radar (only problem is I have to look at the Drain Hose - which comes out from the sides & not the rear)

Dropped in at Ezone (Hiranandani-Powai). Unfortunately they did not have Pana & Haier. However, I did look at the LG models closely that would fit in our space - width upto 570mm. I came across 1 model of 7.5kg & 2 models of 7 kg.

The LG 7.5kg LG T8018AEEP5 - it's priced ridiculously at Rs 33190/- mrp
Presenting World's First 6 Motion Inverter Direct Drive that cleans better than hand wash.7.5 kg, I - Sensor, Punch +3, Turbodrum
Now how radical or dynamic is this 6 Motion Inverter Direct Drive technology (comes with 10 yr warranty on motor). I heard that in case anything happens to this - one would also have to replace the drum also ....... so major expenses.

The other two LG 7 kg models (WF-T8019PV and WF-T8019PR ) priced at 22590 and 21690 - identical in all respects except the more expensive has a dark red textured coating.

Note: In all LG models (and Samsung too) the Drain Hose is positioned ONLY at the rear-bottom of the washing machine (which suits our purpose).

Regarding the 6-motion technology by LG,
1. It uses a direct-drive motor, hence less friction & noise.
2. It washes the clothes in 6 motions- wave force, compressing,rotating, agitating, rubbing, swing.

I had seen the model (miniature model) of LG direct drive in a LG Shoppee and the motions are indeed different, i.e. instead of a repetative 1-2 1-2 motion, one cycle of the motor consists of the six motions. Clothes are supposed to get better cleaned in this, but the price difference of 10k+ over a similar capacity non-direct drive model is debatable.

I think LG models will be a better fit, their base measuring 540x540, compared to Samsung's 540x560.

EDIT: The detailed LG catalogue for top loaders is available for download in their website.

Regarding the 6-motion technology by LG,
1. It uses a direct-drive motor, hence less friction & noise.
2. It washes the clothes in 6 motions- wave force, compressing,rotating, agitating, rubbing, swing.

I had seen the model (miniature model) of LG direct drive in a LG Shoppee and the motions are indeed different, i.e. instead of a repetative 1-2 1-2 motion, one cycle of the motor consists of the six motions. Clothes are supposed to get better cleaned in this,

Yes I saw the demo on the miniature & was impressed (likewise the samsung demo too impressed me). Now technically everything sonds better in LG ...... but as you say

....... but the price difference of 10k+ over a similar capacity non-direct drive model is debatable.
Will have to try all my bargaining skills in case I lock this one (if I can get it for 28-29K it's done deal for me :yahoo:). The strategy worked when I picked up my 47" LG LED from an LG Shoppe ;)

I think LG models will be a better fit, their base measuring 540x540, compared to Samsung's 540x560.
EDIT: The detailed LG catalogue for top loaders is available for download in their website.

Downloaded the cat & various models user manuals too. Now I wish I could locate an independent & unbiased review of this so-called novel technology that LG is tom-tomming about (I also have checked their international website)

PLUS I ALSO LIKE THE MAINTENANCE MODE THAT LG Provides (weekly/monthly - Tub Cleaning by using AIR method & A Chlorinated Bleach)....... This feature also exists in Panasonic

Thanks man .... @Chiranjib for mentoring me and partnering me in this search to find the best wm within my budget & space constraints

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You Sir, for the compliments.
You can try visiting any LG service center & get information. But I doubt that they will entertain this kind of query.
Yes, you said it correctly, LG shoppe's are known to entertain and comply with bargain requests of customers.

Any members having the Direct Drive model from LG may please comment.

How credible is this site
Buy LG Top Load Fully Automatic Washing Machine - T8018AEEP5 at best price, best deals and best discounts

The 7.5 kg LG T8018AEEP5 - is offered at Rs22691 & listed MRP is Rs30990 [On LG website MRP is Rs 33190/- ]
This is the same Direct Drive machine!!

Would they be dumping a "factory second's" model? Has anyone dealt with bestdaam ?
their address is:
1402 Tower 9
Orchid Petals,
Gurgaon, Haryana

Deal at Naaptol is Rs 26390/-
http://www.naaptol.com/features/884739-LG-T8018AEEP5.html

Is the machine at Naaptol really available for sale or is it just an indicative price?

Regarding the offer from bestdaam, it definitely looks tempting. But how are they able to give so cheap? I suggest you try any LG Shoppe before settling for these deals.

Is the machine at Naaptol really available for sale or is it just an indicative price?
Naaptol does not have it (LG) and only an indicative price. I requested a quote & have not recd any reply. However, after reading about customer's who booked certain products on Naaptol & went through a nightmare in getting delivery CONSUMER ALERT! - Naaptol.com Online Shopping average on consumer satisfaction level in its consumer report - Consumerdaddy.com I HAVE RULED THEM OUT..... AS ALSO ALL OTHER ONLINE SITES ...... where one wishes to buy a premium product, it's BEST that one sticks to buying from local stores.

I think we can use online sites to give us an indicative price ONLY in this case and hope for the best when we bargain locally. I am also looking at immediate delivery.

Regarding the offer from bestdaam, it definitely looks tempting. But how are they able to give so cheap? I suggest you try any LG Shoppe before settling for these deals.

Bestdaam has the worst negative feedback.

I am running out of time and will want to lock this by the weekend (from local stores only). So it's either LG (the Direct Drive) or Samsung 7.5kgs. Meanwhile I am carefully going through the user manuals of both LG & Samsung 7.5kgs.

Regarding the pre-soaking, i use a similar technique in my ages-old whirlpool 5.5/6L auto, which i have upgraded once, and repaired twice. Still does the job fine. It has a function called agitronic soak. Basically it's just a very long wash cycle with long pauses for 'soaking' and occasionally stirs it all up. Much better than a static bucket soak IMO. When i need a longer soak period, I just turn off the machine for that period of time, after the water has been filled and it has mixed everything up. Don't see any reason why soaking can't be done in the machine itself instead of a bucket.

Much better than a static bucket soak IMO................ When i need a longer soak period, I just turn off the machine for that period of time, after the water has been filled and it has mixed everything up. Don't see any reason why soaking can't be done in the machine itself instead of a bucket.

Will be migrating soon to the method suggested by you.

LG calls it Soak-Wash - this program works only when soaking and washing time is 40, 50 or 60 mins.

Samsung calls their's Pre-Wash & the soak time is between 10 - 60 mins

I have to admit that the User-Manual's of LG (40 pages) are extremely exhaustive & self-explanatory & plenty of Tip's or Note's are adequately mentioned as compared to Samsung's (24pages)...... [ models considered 7.5kg LG-T8018EEP5 (Direct Drive Motor) vs Samsung 7.5kg WA95BWPEH ]

So does the LG's (supposedly) more superior wash technology by using the Direct Drive Motor justify spending around 7-10K more ....... I would take that call based on the best-price that I can get for the LG from local stores.

Meanwhile could folks guide me on
- Good/Best Detergent Brands - (powder / liquid / concentrated )
- Brand of Liquid Chlorine Bleach
- Brand of Oxygenated Bleach or Descaling Product

lastly
What purpose does a Fabric Softener serve ?

I find these things alien - we very well washed our clothes for donkey years without all the added fancy supplements & now to get the best results from today's gizmo's ....... :bangin:

Direct drive is more to do with reliability of not having a belt in between the motor and drum. I'm pretty sure my machine has a belt drive and never had any complaints in that regard. But i've also heard of people having loose belts etc over time.

Never used fabric softener/bleaches or even starch, but you know sometimes when you wash an old towel and the fibers are all flat and hard. I think fabric softener can make it fluffy and bouncy.

My pet peeve with machines is the crazy amount of spin time between cycles. Spin is the single most fabric destroying function in a machine. If possible i avoid even a lengthy final spin. If a wash is followed by two rinse cycles instead of one before the final spin, pretty much all the soap is gone - no need to spin between every wash/rinse. So i've been looking for machines with low/no spin between cycles. But no way to get this info anywhere except personal information. And even then with autos most users have no clue either.

Hey @Julian ..... u sound like a chip of the old block ;) (and all that you say 'tis true) - BUT THERE IS HOPE (more of that later)!! My own whirlpool semi-auto worked flawlessly for 15 years (just spend some 250 bucks some years ago on a minor problem) and for the past 10 years or more we had totally abandoned using the Spin-Dry option - as most clothes were getting ruined...... (we did a wash + rinse 2/3 times).

Now as to your last querry - Both the LG & Samsung machines that I have chosen have a completely manual/ optional programmable feature that allows you to chose/drop any of the cycles that you do not want (say Spin/Dry) + you can even decide how long (minutes) that you wish to run any cycle. You could download the user-manuals and check out for yourself.

and yeah ..... thanks for these inputs mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Thing about semi-autos is that they don't really wash as well as the autos. the spinning pulsator at the bottom doesn't do much. and the tiny spin drum is quite pointless too. but hands down, the best wash is by a front loading tumble wash. just stick to cold water, heat cleans better but reduces fabric life.

I know that the newer machines have timers for almost everything, but what i want is to completely drop the little spin cycle at the end of every wash/rinse cycle. not the main spin cycle itself. and if only the time can be set then i would have it spin more than 5 seconds. the final spin can be 30 seconds, that's good enough and any more is just killing fabric.

thanks for the info from your end too.

We have been using Surf Excel Blue in our Whirlpool Bloomwash machine with above satisfactory results. However, if you want even better wash results, Surf Excel should be your choice.
We have never used fabric softener and in my opinion, they are required for special or costly fabric to make them soft and fluffy.

The spin speed (rpm) in fully automatics is approximately half that of semi-automatic machines and hence, clothes will be less damaged in fully automatic washing machines.

One more thing I would like you to consider to achieve good wash results- arranging for a source of hot water to be fed to the machine. Detergents are known to best work in warm/ hot water and the wash quality is better. I know, you had previously mentioned in your post that getting a hot water connection is not possible. Water Heaters are available in various sizes nowadays and I would like you to drop this idea if it is absolutely not possible.

Guys the formal shirts at collar and cuffs become back. Do we need to still scrub or it will be removed from any of the latest systems ?

Guys the formal shirts at collar and cuffs become back. Do we need to still scrub or it will be removed from any of the latest systems ?

This is where hot water and a strong detergent solution in the "Soak" cycle of the machine comes to the rescue. However, if it is very heavily soiled, I doubt even the best washing machine would completely clean it in a single go.

My shirts are pretty badly soiled at the collar after a long bike ride. But a long soak (30 mins or so) followed by a long wash cycle does the trick. And the 'matic' premium detergents do seem to clean better, not just lower suds. Though i have an SS drum, i never needed to use hot water for anything.

p.s. i have washed shoes, sandals, bags and various assorted items in this machine, works with almost anything. not very safe for delicate stuff with the agitator blades though.

Back