XBOX One - News, Rumors & Speculations

All the features looks boring. What bugs me more is that kinect is mandatory. For the rest though i should not be saying this but still..... hackers will be hard at work!

It's basically a PC running a step down version of windows 8. That's why it has that htpc kinda look.

I really liked the new controller and it's ergonomics.

Sony claimed that PS3 is not hackable and here we are today. I am sure,so will it be and given the processing power of both the console - would be fine to have them homebrew. It could be an all in one box .

There are no games on both consoles which can be called system sellers so far. Only GTA5 is and it will launch on 360 and PS3 too.

Can't understand all the hate. It was clearly meant as a showcase to non gamers. They had invited a lot of non-gaming media companies to the event. They had to showcase all the other stuff it could do. Their PR had clearly stated that this was a 2 part event. The tech would be shown here and the gaming stuff would be shown at E3.

Sony claimed that PS3 is not hackable and here we are today. I am sure,so will it be and given the processing power of both the console - would be fine to have them homebrew. It could be an all in one box .
PS3 has definitely better security as still now Sony can play cats and dogs with changes in keys, which is not the case for 360.

Also PS4 is definitely for games and XBox One(Done with gaming) is more a social platform.

Yeah,Now MS is trying to target the consumers and not just the gamers. Appeal not just to a specific gentry . They want to advertise it as a device that does not just play games but also allows you to Surf Online/Be Social/Watch Television and do a lot more. They want to show people a new horizon with a console. Its only the sales that will be the better judge and yes,there are not that biggie`s for xclusives. Lets have something like Gears of war/God of war. A new IP that takes another level to UC/Halo.

The 500 GB hard drive looks very small if every game has to be installed on it and you can run games without inserting the optical disc.

Considering both consoles have more or less the same hardware specifications, it would only be the game exclusivity that would set them apart. If Microsoft doesn't buckle up for Xbox One this time, then Sony would again have the upper hand.

PS3 has definitely better security as still now Sony can play cats and dogs with changes in keys, which is not the case for 360.

Also PS4 is definitely for games and XBox One(Done with gaming) is more a social platform.
Sony doesn't have better security rather they have been overzealous in protecting it. Their aggression towards geohot and company proved to be a big deterrent. In comparison Microsoft was not that much aggressive.

Though I thought Sony had bad conference this just trumps it.

PS3 definitely has better security remember failOverflow they said they had opened the console and 2 months after it was right in the faces of failoverflow

I suppose, the longer it takes to hack the console, the harder the security implementation within it. Bypassing the X360's security was done pretty early on.

The PS Vita was hacked on day one by Hotz IIRC. :p

Considering both consoles have more or less the same hardware specifications, it would only be the game exclusivity that would set them apart. If Microsoft doesn't buckle up for Xbox One this time, then Sony would again have the upper hand.
MS had promised 15 new exclusive within the year. They have dedicated 1 billion for it. Even if 8 of them come out good, I guess we can have a seller on our hands.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/43...13-perfect-dark-killer-instinct-banjo-kazooie

I hope one day.. maybe 2-3 years from now. we will be able to play xbox one/ps3 in a virtualized environment. as the architecture is same it wouldn't be much of a problem, isn't it guys?

yup it looks more of a 35K price tagger..

Also, someone has raised an interesting point of less space (500GB) considering the games must be installed to play.. Though the space isnt exactly less if only games are installed, considering the "mass media entertainment system" crown that Xbox One is trying to achieve, I also believe the space is too low for all the multimedia + games to fit in (imagine a pc with 500GB here :p)

Also,considering PS4 has already hinted on supporting used games, Xbox One has a very good chance of failing hard if they dont revise the plans or atleast make Sony change their mind to go the xbox way to restrict used games.

yup it looks more of a 35K price tagger..

Also, someone has raised an interesting point of less space (500GB) considering the games must be installed to play.. Though the space isnt exactly less if only games are installed, considering the "mass media entertainment system" crown that Xbox One is trying to achieve, I also believe the space is too low for all the multimedia + games to fit in (imagine a pc with 500GB here :p)

Also,considering PS4 has already hinted on supporting used games, Xbox One has a very good chance of failing hard if they dont revise the plans or atleast make Sony change their mind to go the xbox way to restrict used games.

It's already confirmed both of the consoles won't have backwards compatibility due to different architecture.

Back