ZTE Blade aka DELL XCD 35 aka Orange San Francisco Thread

^ No it doesn't have gorilla glass. Battery life is more than acceptable in custom Roms like CM7, easily more than 24 hrs for your kind of usage.

Music quality is just about okay, nothing great. For an ~8k Android phone, this is great VFM even now IMO.

Help! My ZTE Blade isnt charging :(.
I dropped it (vertically) from 3 feet by mistake, it ust bounced but nothing happened to it.
Everything and the screen was ok. This was 2 weeks back.

Now suddenly today the phone wont charge. Not with the cable, not with the charger, nothing.
I showed it to the local cellphone walla and he says that theres a problem with the phone
and no problem due in the battery and charger.

I am gutted. What to do? :(

^ Your mini USB/charging port is probably screwed. If it's the Dell model, why don't you take it to their service center?

@ avinashwarrier

Here are two detailed reviews on the Blade/OSF/XCD35

Paul Reviews... the Orange San Francisco - Android @ MoDaCo

ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco Review: Two-Thirds Of A Nexus One For One-Third The Price

These reviews do speak a lot about the Orange crapware that comes along with the OSF, but that's not a huge problem for the stock Dell 2.2 ROM which is pretty close to an vanilla Android ROM. Battery life is okay only after installing a good custom ROM like GSF or CM7. I don't listen to music on the phone, so can't comment on the audio quality, but as others often mention here, it's pretty average. No Gorilla glass display, as Arun mentioned. I've dropped it several times, and since the display is made of plastic, it has survived all of those crashes.

one thing added ,it doesnt take up scratches as easily as those nokia phones, i used to use before :) .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

241-nightly is OUT :D

@all

Thanks for all the advice people!

Decided to buy the phone!

Currently searching for a sparingly used Dell XCD35, will look for 2 weeks before splurging to buy a new one !

If anyone wants to part with their phone , please PM me with your offers asap :)

^ Heard a lot of negative stuff about the battery life of N241 too. Will wait for a few days until a better nightly with the new features is out.

avinashwarrier said:
@all
Thanks for all the advice people!
Decided to buy the phone!
Currently searching for a sparingly used Dell XCD35, will look for 2 weeks before splurging to buy a new one !

If anyone wants to part with their phone , please PM me with your offers asap :)

hi i have a box packed orange sanfrancisco bought in the UK. Bought it for the wifey, who didn't like it much.

its in the box, unused with all accessories. pm me your contact number and i can give you a tinkle to discuss....
the phones been used for 2 days and upgraded to CM7.

I faced the same prob just two weeks after i purchased the phone. But it was a rebranded dell xcd 35. Had to get it replaced from DELL.

Darthcoder said:
Help! My ZTE Blade isnt charging :(.
I dropped it (vertically) from 3 feet by mistake, it ust bounced but nothing happened to it.
Everything and the screen was ok. This was 2 weeks back.

Now suddenly today the phone wont charge. Not with the cable, not with the charger, nothing.
I showed it to the local cellphone walla and he says that theres a problem with the phone
and no problem due in the battery and charger.

I am gutted. What to do? :(

I recently bought this phone.. with android 2.2

can anyone here spoonfeed me for :

1. upgrading to android 2.3 or better..

2. best of best free android games..

3. Anything else that can help me use the phone to its full potential

I know there will be answers in this thread or on forum, but I couldn't find much on going through the pages.. please guide me to correct links. :)

I know there will be answers in this thread or on forum, but I couldn't find much on going through the pages.. please guide me to correct links. :)

j_jindal1 said:

1. Your best bet going to gingerbread would be CyanogenMod7 7.1 stable.

There's a bit changed in the dell version so i can only guide you to ZTE Blade / Libra ROMs & ROM customisation - Android @ MoDaCo. In that maybe this link would help [Guide] Flashing firmware to Blade/Libra via windows - Android @ MoDaCo.

2. For apps and games, visit tpb. decent android section.

3. Move to CM7. And ICS when available. Note, if repartitioning, stick to the 160mb system partition, smaller can cause trouble.

Julian said:
3. Move to CM7. And ICS when available. Note, if repartitioning, stick to the 160mb system partition, smaller can cause trouble.

ICS.....What ??? :O

ICS is coming to ZTE Blade ???

This is really good news.

Any where i can read about its progress ? (or details or anything ?)

raks man, please don't start a rumour that i didn't mean to start :ashamed: lol

it will come eventually, there is one thread though, lemme see if i can dig it up.

LOL, you're already searching modaco?

Back