Budget 31-40k 27 inch 1440p 144hz+ IPS Monitor Suggestions

If last year models are selling at such price. That means they’re trying to clear the stock for 2021 GP models? Hopefully LG India will bring the ultra-wide 34GP950 this year. Skipped AW3420DW for LG.

Oh definitely. GP models will start rolling from 4th quarter.
I too would've opted for a 4K LG monitor but unfortunately don't have enough disposable income to justify equivalent GPU purchase.

i need some help in figuring out what is the supported modes for HDMI port. i am running a cable from laptop USB C port to monitor HDMI port. Max supported resolution comes to 1440p 60Hz. not able to set to 1440p 120hz.

i am using the below cable

any idea what is the bottleneck here?

i need some help in figuring out what is the supported modes for HDMI port. i am running a cable from laptop USB C port to monitor HDMI port. Max supported resolution comes to 1440p 60Hz. not able to set to 1440p 120hz.

i am using the below cable

any idea what is the bottleneck here?
I have the 32GK650F and in that the HDMI port of the monitor is limited to 100 Hz at 1440p. I use a USB-C to Displayport adapter with the supplied DP cable to output the discrete GPU at 144 Hz.

In short, use DP. The HDMI modules in LG monitors are the bottleneck.

@Kratos47 @roofrider @j3rwin
Planning to buy Gigabyte M27Q monitor in a couple of weeks.
Gaming is gonna be done on Windows and everything else such as browsing, coding, watching videos will be done on Linux. With this information, I had a couple of questions:
1. From what I have gathered, Microsoft's ClearType is just proprietary term for anti aliasing. How does the text look on Linux with BGR in this monitor?
2. Since the monitor is not GSync certified, will FPS games like CSGO will be able to make use of 175Hz refresh rate?

Thanks
PS: If anyone is based in Bangalore and who has the M27Q, I'd like to check it out in person before purchasing

M27Q is a great monitor, I have it and have posted my reddit review here somewhere in detail.
1) Without Cleartype enabled you would have problems in working with coding\notepad++ etc. So in Linix\MacOS it won't give pleasant experience when working in excel or any other text based stuff. Here the workaround is simply UI scaling which again wouldn't look that great on 1440p. On Win10 there isn't any issues in 99% programs when cleartype is enabled.
2) Yes G-Sync works without a hitch. I have had zero issues in gaming.

What @Kratos47 said + cleartype didn't help in my case, even browsing with chrome and firefox wasn't good. Maybe it's because I was using it right next to a 4k monitor.

Even with those issues it's a solid monitor for multimedia and gaming.

Can anyone tell me how much of a difference is there between these two models?

MSI Optix MAG274QRF
Price: 37.5k

MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD
Price: 43.6K

I know QD refers to Quantum Dots, but I don't know how much the panels actually differ and if that is significantly better than non-QD panel. I also understand that these are expensive for the prices listed, but Amazon sells openbox/returned items as Renewed and you can get a good deal that way, I'm willing to take that risk as returns are easy if they have dead pixels or other issues.

I bought a Gigabyte M27Q and am super happy with its performance. It's currently on TheITdepot for a good price.

Attachments

• IMG_20211121_132112_Bokeh.jpg
    IMG_20211121_132112_Bokeh.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 118
I bought a Gigabyte M27Q and am super happy with its performance. It's currently on TheITdepot for a good price.
How does the text look on that? I read the reviews on Amazon and they are mostly saying its text rendition is horrible. I also need to use my monitor for work related, text-heavy apps.

How does the text look on that? I read the reviews on Amazon and they are mostly saying its text rendition is horrible. I also need to use my monitor for work related, text-heavy apps.
It seems pretty good to me. I don't know why they say so. I have enlarged all text by 10% as default size was too small.

If work is important then go for dell professional ones..
I can say based on whatever I have read in last few days that for gaming VA panels and for work ips are good but that's just my finding, I Jay be wrong and am open for corrections as i never game.

For my browsing and multimedia needs I am going to buy (most probably) a 3 months old dell p2219h, and my gut says it will prove awesome for multimedia and browsing, still am open to be corrected

It seems pretty good to me. I don't know why they say so. I have enlarged all text by 10% as default size was too small.
Yes the text is fine by there is slight text fringing in some UIs where clear text isn't working. On 99% of apps there is no issue in this BGR display.
And it's small for you because you're most likely switching from 1080p to 1440p resolution. Lower it by 5% after few weeks and then back to default after a month or two. Took me sometime to adjust to resolution difference while reading text.
If work is important then go for dell professional ones..
I can say based on whatever I have read in last few days that for gaming VA panels and for work ips are good but that's just my finding, I Jay be wrong and am open for corrections as i never game.

For my browsing and multimedia needs I am going to buy (most probably) a 3 months old dell p2219h, and my gut says it will prove awesome for multimedia and browsing, still am open to be corrected
IPS and VA have almost eliminated their weaknesses and both the technologies have caught up with each other. Problems with each tech still linger in cheaper models but the premium types around 30-50K range are mostly solid for all types of use.

The key difference remains is better contrast ratio in VA (3000:1) - best for movies or any scene with deep blacks. Similarly VA suffers from motion performance & ghosting issues which are not present in IPS when playing fast paced FPS games. But say you pick a premium VA monitor like Samsung Odyssey G7, then it has the latest tech and is amazing in everything - zero cons tech wise.

So before making any purchase decision look at individual monitor and the how they perform in all tasks. Price point is what decides the quality and performance rather than generalizing on VA\IPS.

Update!

Current 1st choice is LG 27GL850-B, unless it's newer model LG 27GP850 or a new awesome monitor from another brand releases before this month ends, I'll definitely be buying this monitor.

My reasons are :
  • It's LG, afterservice and QC is top notch.
  • Even though it's an older model, still holds it's own with the newer models. Most games won't hit 144FPS on 2k resolution anyway unless it's an e-sports title.
  • I have used TN panels all my life, 720p/1080p highest. I'm pretty sure this monitor will blow me away with it's quality anyway.
  • It has a portrait swivel mode which the other monitors don't have, I'll probably not use it but who knows when I might need it. I know there are VESA stands but they add up the total cost.
  • While there are better 144hz+ in the same price range, service history is a hit and miss for many.
  • The Dell S2721DGF was my 2nd choice but seeing it's low frequency of stocks, I'll rather take my bets on the LG.
  • This one is individual based, I talked with a few Gigabyte sales team about the M27Q and they mostly skimmed over my question about if I could ship the product to them incase of RMA and not deposit it to them directly at a collection point which made me 2nd guess the decision as I just don't like to take unnecessary hassle like these. Also the BGR layout and text clarity issue is something I can easily avoid by buying any monitor except this. You can go forward with this monitor if you have a service center near your area.
  • The Asus VG27AQ is a great buy too but I have hardly seen it come on higher lists on monitor recommendations, it's usually a honorable mention in most.
  • Finally, it has a GSYNC sticker and I would love to annoy my friends by bringing it up every time during conversations.
Now, if anyone can make me change my decision with their sales pitch, be my guest. :cool:
using one and that to with an amd card. no problem at all with it.

I'm in the same boat atm, confused af and unable to choose between these.

Gigabyte M27Q
Asus VG27AQ
LG 27GL850-B
Benq EX2780Q
Aorus FI27Q

LG one in terms of quality and most important service. than asus. than benq and last gigabyte (also aorus).

Can anyone tell me how much of a difference is there between these two models?

MSI Optix MAG274QRF
Price: 37.5k

MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD
Price: 43.6K

I know QD refers to Quantum Dots, but I don't know how much the panels actually differ and if that is significantly better than non-QD panel. I also understand that these are expensive for the prices listed, but Amazon sells openbox/returned items as Renewed and you can get a good deal that way, I'm willing to take that risk as returns are easy if they have dead pixels or other issues.
Hey, did you find any answer to this?
I might buy one of these or Asus tuf VG27AQL1A.

Also if this helps, below is the list of top 1440p 144hz 27 inch Monitors according to r/Monitors sub's discord:

Subjective Top 1440p 144hz+ monitors:
1. MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD (165 Hz IPS)
2. LG 27GP850-B (165 Hz/OC 180 Hz IPS) / LG 27GP83B-B (165 Hz IPS)
3. Dell S2721DGF(A) (165 Hz IPS)
4. MSI Optix G273QF/G273QPF (165 Hz IPS) (Ranked High for Its Incredible Value)
5. Nixeus NX-EDG27X (165 Hz IPS)
6. Acer Nitro XV272U KVbmiiprzx (170 Hz IPS)
7. Gigabyte M32Q (165 Hz IPS)
8. Dell S2722DGM (165 Hz VA) /Dell S3222DGM (165 Hz VA)
9. ASUS ROG Swift PG329Q (175 Hz IPS)
10. LG 32GP850-B (165 Hz/ OC 180 Hz IPS)

Hey, did you find any answer to this?
I might buy one of these or Asus tuf VG27AQL1A.

Also if this helps, below is the list of top 1440p 144hz 27 inch Monitors according to r/Monitors sub's discord:

Subjective Top 1440p 144hz+ monitors:
1. MSI Optix MAG274QRF-QD (165 Hz IPS)
2. LG 27GP850-B (165 Hz/OC 180 Hz IPS) / LG 27GP83B-B (165 Hz IPS)
3. Dell S2721DGF(A) (165 Hz IPS)
4. MSI Optix G273QF/G273QPF (165 Hz IPS) (Ranked High for Its Incredible Value)
5. Nixeus NX-EDG27X (165 Hz IPS)
6. Acer Nitro XV272U KVbmiiprzx (170 Hz IPS)
7. Gigabyte M32Q (165 Hz IPS)
8. Dell S2722DGM (165 Hz VA) /Dell S3222DGM (165 Hz VA)
9. ASUS ROG Swift PG329Q (175 Hz IPS)
10. LG 32GP850-B (165 Hz/ OC 180 Hz IPS)
No, I couldn't find any substantial answer. In the end, I went with Gigabyte M27Q 170Hz for 30.6k on Amazon.in. Incredible value for the price. Completely satisfied with the purchase.

Back