Monitors 27" LED from (Korea)

This what my friend in [US] has to say who recently got it....
Definitely not disappointed, they're what they say they are. I got a slightly different model - a Yamakasi Catleap - but the details are the same. IPS, LED 27" @ 2560 x 1440, and the colours are fantastic. I'm finding I don't need/want two monitors with this.
They are very bare bones, and the stands are nasty feeling (but look nice) By bare bones, they don't have usb ports, SD readers etc, nor, from what I can tell, any OSD stuff for brightness/gamma and so on, all that is handled through your drivers.

eeeks, i have been off this forum for a while now :p

but anyways here is a very late update for whoever cares:

its an awesome monitor, not much of a size upgrade for me (was on a 26") resolution is obv higher thou

cost as mentioned earlier was 23.8k - 19.2 for the monitor (comes with free shipping) +4.6k for customs/octroi/fedex

Fedex billed as follows:
11.8k - cost

+28% customs
+870 octroi
+300 "other"
=4.6k

I bought the one without pixel perfect (max upto 3 however), without the osd or tempered glass and luckily it has no dead pixels either.

1 quirk - since i have a 5770 single link dvi and the monitor doesnt have a scaler or watever it does not display the boot/bios screen.
It only comes on in the windows welcome screen so yes I cant enter the bios without plugging in another monitor, this should not be an issue with newer cards thou

and here are the pics (attached)

Attachments

• CIMG5462.jpg
    CIMG5462.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 185
  • CIMG5465.jpg
    CIMG5465.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 178
  • CIMG5468.jpg
    CIMG5468.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 228
  • CIMG5469.jpg
    CIMG5469.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 187
HI guys,

I'm about to buy one of these Korean monitors. I'm looking for the cheapest. Lack of input options/etc not a big deal for me. I just need a 2560x1440 resolution with 27-inches.

Which one do I buy ? Acheiva Shimian or Yamakasi Catleap? Is the normal version good or should I buy the perfect pixel ones? how much is the difference between them?

Which seller is the best on ebay?

I live in Tamil Nadu and how much will the total cost be including everything??

Thanks in advance.

Any1 bought these recently ??
I talked to green-sum seller and he told me Fedex is not advised as the company's shipping is complicated. I have asked him to ship it via DHL.
LOOKS LIKE THE MONITOR'S PRICE IS INCREASING !!!

@GODMODE09 :What were the charges that you had to pay?Did you have to pay the custom duties.The seller declares the price to be very low to avoid custom duties right.Please let me know what was the procedure.

Thanks

@GODMODE09 :What were the charges that you had to pay?Did you have to pay the custom duties.The seller declares the price to be very low to avoid custom duties right.Please let me know what was the procedure.

Thanks

I contacted several sellers . Only Red cap is willing to declare the monitor price to be lower than actual price. I think I'll order one on monday. Probably Crossover one for 360$. (basic model).
Crossover has come up with a different sturdy stand for this new model . Old one is also still available for 20$ less. Shimian costs 330$ , CO (old model) = 338$ and new model for 358$.

Still deciding as they are'nt going to ship it during weekends. Will place an order on monday morning. Prolly will buy the new CO one.

Will let you know once I get it.

I contacted several sellers . Only Red cap is willing to declare the monitor price to be lower than actual price. I think I'll order one on monday. Probably Crossover one for 360$. (basic model).
Crossover has come up with a different sturdy stand for this new model . Old one is also still available for 20$ less. Shimian costs 330$ , CO (old model) = 338$ and new model for 358$.

Still deciding as they are'nt going to ship it during weekends. Will place an order on monday morning. Prolly will buy the new CO one.

Will let you know once I get it.

Hi dude,could you plz provide me with the link of the monitor that you intend to buy?Also is crossover better than achieva,yamasaki?How much would a perfect pixel crossover cost me in rupees?

Hi dude,could you plz provide me with the link of the monitor that you intend to buy?Also is crossover better than achieva,yamasaki?How much would a perfect pixel crossover cost me in rupees?

New model : New Crossover 27Q LED Stand 27" inch s IPS 2560x1440 Computer Monitor DVI D | eBay but has no speaker.

Old model has speaker : New Crossover 27QD LED Blade 2560x1440 27" Monitor QHD s IPS Built in Speaker | eBay

Shimian : New Achieva Shimian QH270 Lite 27" WQHD LED HD DVI 2560 x 1440 Computer Monitor | eBay

Shimian PPixel : Perfect Pixels Achieva Shimian QH270 Lite 27" LED DVI 2560 x 1440 PC Monitor | eBay

I'm not going to buy P.Pixel.

All the models have exactly the same display. Difference is the build quality. Heard crossover ones look and feel better built than other ones.
Search ebay.com for PP cross over. :)

When are you going to buy ? I'm going to order one on monday. May I know where u live ? I'm from Trichy , Tamil nadu

The basic crossover model costs 360$,so I guess the pp model will be 390$?Also what is the conversion rate,shipping and custom duties?How much will the total cost come up to?

The basic crossover model costs 360$,so I guess the pp model will be 390$?Also what is the conversion rate,shipping and custom duties?How much will the total cost come up to?

I have no idea myself. I'm reading the posts in this thread. IMO if the monitor costs <350$ including shipping , the total cost including customs,etc should be <25K INR.

WRU from and when r u going to order???

I m thinking of buying one within a fortnight.I am from Bhagalpur.The only gripe I have with these monitors is the shipping it back to Korea if it turns out to be a dud.

I m thinking of buying one within a fortnight.I am from Bhagalpur.The only gripe I have with these monitors is the shipping it back to Korea if it turns out to be a dud.

I guess then I can tell you how much it costed me. :) Btw , don't delay too much if don't want to pay extra . The shimian PP monitor was there for 330$ total last week and it got sold out. You see Red-cap has only ~10 monitors for every model and he increases the price ~20-30$ every time he updates with the next batch stock.

Normal Shimian lite was 310$ last week , now it's 360$ . PP is even more.

What about the catleaps which can be over clocked to 120hz?Also y are you not getting a pp monitor?Do tell the total price once you order.

What about the catleaps which can be over clocked to 120hz?Also y are you not getting a pp monitor?Do tell the total price once you order.

Those catleaps are'nt available anymore . Only 60Hz ones are there which are 400$+ and the stand is bad in them.
Heard Red-cap monitors have the least DPixels and the CrOvr ones are the best among them . This new model CO comes with a really good stand.

Even if you buy a PP monitor , ur not 100% gtd to get one . You might also end up with some dead pixels , but the seller will refund the difference . And I don't think a cpl of dots in such a huge screen would affect me.
The main reason is my budget which is 25K.

Back