Video Airtel DTH moving to new satellite - Lot more channels including new HD channels

virus32win said:
Any alternate DTH service with good HD packages in your mind? planning to take HD for multiple TV's.
Tata Sky HD...More number of HD channels, no dish antenna shifting jhanjhat like Airtel (i think). From what i saw on many consumer forums, there are very very less or no complaints against TS while Airtel in top with maximum DTH complaints against them.

Hmm well the Airtel CC guy told me that I would be getting the refund and their back end dept would contact me. In case if they say no to refund I'll get it disconnected once my package duration is over.

raksrules said:
Yes they told to keep box on for 30 min and it will be done.
I reconfirmed him twice and they told that they have made software modifications which will enable me to receive the newer channels. He may be bluffing though. As it is, that is not a priority now, main thing is that TV should start.

so did it work? without changing antenna?

I am an unfortunate customer of Airtel HD. Infact I got the settop box for free fo buying an samsung LCD and still I regret getting it.

Main Disadvantages are

1) Not many HD channels.

2) It takes few seconds to change from one channel to other.

3) The balance in the account goes negative if you dont fill up regularly. It is not the case with Tata Sky.

4) The SD channel quality is not great either.

I have only used it for World Cup. Now it is idle as IPL is not available in HD.

Best bet would be Tata Sky as their service seems good.

kippu said:
so did it work? without changing antenna?
Nah. did not work. The customer care guy who told me that was good for nothing dude who probably was just hallucinating while speaking to me :mad:

The airtel backend team had screwed up and changed my profile to SM2 inspite of my dish still pointing to SM1 and that caused the issues. They did the same couple of days back too and i had to blast them :-[

Just received call from Airtel CC for additional HD connection, lady said recharge account of 1500 amount then contact CC for further installation. On second TV rent would be 150/- with same mega package.

Really guys, if you're looking for HD content move to TS+ HD. Dumped Airtel, even with more than Rs 350 in my account, but still very happy with TS+ HD.

Even in my case in Airtel, they came and tried to migrate the dish to new satellite but they had to change the location of the dish and they were too lazy to do that and left. Never came back. If I would have been with Airtel, I would still be having just 1 HD channel (NGC HD) in old satellite, whereas now I'm enjoying 7 HD channels and all for just Rs 50 in HD pack. Give the companies what they deserve for taking you for a ride.

Just an FYI...Airtel now has 3 channels in HD. Movies Now HD, NGC HD, and Discovery HD. It costs 40 bucks to add this package. It doesn't have any of the Star HD channels though so that sucks...

^ I know mate, that's the irony. In spite of they being available, they still did not relocate the dish so effectively it's just 1 HD channel for me, and would have still been the same if I were with Airtel as the dish is still not realigned to new satellite.

Does anyone know how long they will retain the old satellite? My flat is west facing and our apartment does not allow for individual dishes on the roof (that was one of the reasons that I went for Airtel). Do I have the option of continuing with the current satellite or else I have to sell the dish+DVR and go back to my cable-wallah

^^I have got call from Airtel 2-3 times in last week insisting that i get my dish position changed and they told me that after six months they will discontinue the old satellite altogether.

I asked them how much time was already passed and they told 1.5 months. So from what they say, i guess people still have 4.5 months before their airtel connection completely blanks out.

raksrules said:
^^I have got call from Airtel 2-3 times in last week insisting that i get my dish position changed and they told me that after six months they will discontinue the old satellite altogether.
I asked them how much time was already passed and they told 1.5 months. So from what they say, i guess people still have 4.5 months before their airtel connection completely blanks out.
yeah they will do it will all by end of that period

If possible try alternates to Airtel DTH. They have worst CC ever in this world, bunch of illiterate people. In my first inquiry they proved how wrong i was to go with Airtel. One agents information differ from another even contradiction in own statements, only thing they know how to show sorry face, put on hold then hung up phone on face with "airtel main baat karnai kai liye danyabad" BS.

^^True...very true. Bunch of morons sitting at the customer care.

Also those guys who called me insisting that i change my dish told me that i wont be able to receive signals after few months and aapko problem ho jaaygega.

I told them problem hoga nahi.....problem se chutkara mil jaayega...lol

I told them i will anyways ditch them and move on to something else.

raksrules said:
^^True...very true. Bunch of morons sitting at the customer care.
Also those guys who called me insisting that i change my dish told me that i wont be able to receive signals after few months and aapko problem ho jaaygega.
I told them problem hoga nahi.....problem se chutkara mil jaayega...lol
I told them i will anyways ditch them and move on to something else.
as far as i know hopless cc ever seen is airtel digital tv followed by dish tv

Is anyone here facing issue with airtel digital TV ??

I am getting the B001 error which says there is signal loss. But weird thing is that this error comes for few of the channels and rest of the channels work fine :S

What seems to be the error ?

PS: I know i should be contacting airtel people but you see none of their numbers are working for me :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Issue resolved itself :ashamed:

Sorry for this post. Mods may delete it. The way things have gone with airtel for me in last couple of months, i get very very frustrated at their every mistake :mad:

Did not want to open a new thread.
Can anyone tell me what the ways to online recharge my airtel digital tv ?? Please note that the connection is not under my name and the possibility of creating account on airtel.in is not an option so need some other way to do so.

Hopiless people (airteel)

i asked 4 food n food(327) , they told me that an alignment is needed . Gave me a request no and said engineer (lol) will visit my house .

For the past 10 days i m waiting for him . Repeated calls to them . Their tag line
there is some technical prblm sir

pathetic cc :(

Back