BSNL 3G Thread

Mohit said:
But then this will not include 3G right? Or it includes 3G? If yes, then for how much time?
One lady at the bsnl exchange here told me that all FRCs have the 1 week free offer but i did not want to take any chances and hence i took the 120 FRC.

^^Okay. And the sim cards and recharge coupons are only available in the BSNL exchange? What all documents did these guys ask for a new prepaid connection?

^^ Mohit can you please go through the last few pages ? Everyone is asking the same questions again and again. If you dont find all your answers in the last 5-6 pages do post ur query here :)

Btw u seem to be roaming all over India in last 2-3 years :p

Mohit said:
^^Okay. And the sim cards and recharge coupons are only available in the BSNL exchange? What all documents did these guys ask for a new prepaid connection?
New BSNL 3G SIMs are mostly available at BSNL exchanges but they have many resellers (usually medical and kirana shops but not limited to them). But they may not give you the SIM for that same price but would be bit different. Better get it from BSNL exchange.

Cost will be 59 rs for SIM + get a 120 rs FRC = 179 rupees

Documents - For ID proof, PAN card or DL or passport will do, it should have your pic. 2 copies of this.

For address proof, if it is your home town, then no issues since you can gave electricity bill etc which has your local home address only. In my case i had to give rent agreement copy since i dont have any other local address proof. 2 copies for this too.

Thats it done...for me i got the SIM at like 3:30 PM and at 5 PM i had already started using 3G on my laptop. My phone number was still not activated i think, because i was still not able to dial any numbers and also not able to get balance info using *123#

Mohit said:
But then this will not include 3G right? Or it includes 3G? If yes, then for how much time?
Yes,this is a 3G plan and you will get free unlimited download for one week.

Got bsnl 3G sim at whitefield CSC as the local shops are selling it for some fixed rs 250 plan(including sim), the bsnl aunties were not ready to do rs 58 recharge and according to them it didnt exist and they havent received any notice for it, i made them to check bsnl website and then contact btm CSC and at last they agreed to do rs 58 recharge :D

i was using BSNL 3g internet services in chhattisgarh in my town, today i came to lucknow.

when i click connect it shows connected but the "UMTS" does not change to "HSDPA" ....and even though it says connected, i can not browse the internet.

I use The bsnl teracom 3g modem 272, with 1500 unlimited plan , and currently am loged in using EDGE ....on the same sim (i have zero balance so , i guess the same 1500 unlimited account is being used. )

What is the problem. ( i could use 3g in katni station yesterday ...katni, MP)

Guys how to check the data usage while disconnecting where as in mobile phone we get message as soon as we disconnect?I am having Hewei E122 Modem and the mobile partner software isnt showing after i disconnect.

strategy said:
i was using BSNL 3g internet services in chhattisgarh in my town, today i came to lucknow.

when i click connect it shows connected but the "UMTS" does not change to "HSDPA" ....and even though it says connected, i can not browse the internet.

I use The bsnl teracom 3g modem 272, with 1500 unlimited plan , and currently am loged in using EDGE ....on the same sim (i have zero balance so , i guess the same 1500 unlimited account is being used. )

when i was there in lucknow for diwali i was able to browse in HSDPA in Kanpur Road region and some other parts of lucknow.

strategy said:

Try to get HSDPA signals, that's the only problem.

Got my 2G SIM and did a 120 FRC but shows some 130 odd balance. :ashamed:

Upon plonking it on the iPhone and using the APN settings (APN bsnlnet, userid and password blank), can't make calls nor can I receive any. Seems like it is yet to be activated. But surprisingly, the '3G' signal shows adjacent to CellOne and that keeps coming and going quick - probably signal is weak here. This is a remote area roughly 16 Km from the city.

Desecrator said:
Got my 2G SIM and did a 120 FRC but shows some 130 odd balance. :ashamed:

Upon plonking it on the iPhone and using the APN settings (APN bsnlnet, userid and password blank), can't make calls nor can I receive any. Seems like it is yet to be activated. But surprisingly, the '3G' signal shows adjacent to CellOne and that keeps coming and going quick - probably signal is weak here. This is a remote area roughly 16 Km from the city.
Same thing happened with me. My SIM was not yet activated but still i got 3G network and was also able to use the internet.

Also no offence meant but is there any problem with 3G signals in iphone 3GS ? My friend here has a 3GS and i put my BSNL card in it and it hardly gave single bar and most of the time switched to 2G but in UMTS mode on my nokia 5230 i was getting a decent 3-4 bars :S

^No clue man - I'll come to know when I use it on another device. LOL I was able to get into the internetz as well but calling and receiving nada. :lol:

^

Presently there are two type of sims available

1. SIM under 2G plan with sim cost of Rs. 20/-

2. SIM under 3G plan with sim cost Rs. 59/-

Now regarding FRC 120, it has to be recharge with second case i.e. sim under 3G plan with cost of Rs 59/- and u will get 7 days unlimited 3G GPRS & after that 200 MB additional data will be given.

However it may also be noted that to recharge 3G data vouchers to get GPRS with 3G speed , it can also be recharged on the SIM under 2G plan without converting the 2G plan to 3G plan & u will get the data with 3G speed.

It may seems that your SIM was already activated under 2G plan. Tell me how much money you have given at the time of taking connection.

virus32win said:
Tell me how much money you have given at the time of taking connection.
Haven't given him anything. Actually, this guy is a friend's relative so i am yet to pay him. :ashamed:

But if it was activated already, I could have dialed and received calls which doesn't happen here despite the balance showing up.

Guys how to check the data usage after a session where as in mobile phone we get message as soon as we disconnect?I am having Hewei E122 Modem and the mobile partner software isnt displaying any message after i disconnect from a session.Please Help me.

Guys, are these unlimited data plans / charges applicable for roaming also? If I bot the 3g sim in Hyderabad, and used the data service in Chennai, would I have to pay extra?

Back