BSNL 3G Thread

Jasku said:
Guys, are these unlimited data plans / charges applicable for roaming also? If I bot the 3g sim in Hyderabad, and used the data service in Chennai, would I have to pay extra?
Roaming is free on BSNL as well as MTNL networks even for data / 3G usage.

raksrules said:
Disabled firewall, removed antivirus, still speeds stuck at 1.3 Mbps.
Anyone living near Aundh and can help me with a datacard for an hour or so for testing ??
I do plan to get the data card but it is not available as of now with dvdstore.
raksrules said:
Same thing happened with me. My SIM was not yet activated but still i got 3G network and was also able to use the internet.
Also no offence meant but is there any problem with 3G signals in iphone 3GS ? My friend here has a 3GS and i put my BSNL card in it and it hardly gave single bar and most of the time switched to 2G but in UMTS mode on my nokia 5230 i was getting a decent 3-4 bars :S
i can confirm the iphone 3gs story
i have the same issue with bsnl 3g in ccu - the phone is unusable with 3g.. its a technical discussion but we can take that somewhere else

my iphone 3gs factory unlocked is actuall a 36 grand ipod touch
:)

Damn Rishabh awesome speeds :D...first EVDO now this......where is my cake for the E122 story being shared to all and sundry :mad:

And still we get questions why not a BSNL modem instead of E122 in the forums :p

@ Ganesh ---- With a 2G sim I dont think you will get above 3 Mbps (with 3G plan) as those are speed throttled. To get the offer and speeds please get the Rs 59/- 3G Sim along with Rs 120 First Recharge (FRC) . Rs 58 FRC is not implemented in many circles so no point taking a chance. 58 FRC works confirmed in Karnataka, TN as of nw.

Better to go for Rs 120 if no-one has done that before or if the CSC aunties say they dont know about it :p...also I find no info on Kerala BSNL site :p

^^ Ya quite correct...I dunno why ppl wanna try just for the sake of 60 bucks....its already cheap at 180 bucks for a week isn't it :)

We dont want BSNL also to sink right :)....we will be in the prey hands of Airtel , Relaince and Vodafone :mad:

Can anyone give me nodal officer or some BSNL authority number for Pune. I am not able to locate it. It seems that the tower near my home is definitely restricting the speeds and i need to complain regarding the same. I know it may not help but still want to try. I get good speeds in my office area (Hinjewadi) but here i always get max 1.3 Mbps come what may.

smnrock said:
Can u confirm about 1 week offer? It might be useful for fellow AP folks
Sent from my HTC Legend

One week free download is working perfectly with FRC 58 and i am downloading from tuesday till today .

beauty55 said:
One week free download is working perfectly with FRC 58 and i am downloading from tuesday till today .
where did u buy the sim from...I am in hightech city..I dont think there is any CSC here....its available at other shops in Madhapur, but he was asking Rs/100 for the sim...

I did buy thesim from BSNL CSC,NACHARAM-Hyderabad.Actually the auntys in the office dont have knowledge on what FRCs are available when i told them that FRC 58 is also there and they checked all the documents with them about FRCs they dont have those new FRC paln details with them .THey forced me to take Vennela Super-FRC 139 but i told them to do FRC 58 and finally the aunty at the counter recharged with FRC 58 and thats it and i got the confirmation to my mobile of the recharge and i tested the sim connected with my Sony K660i mobile and enjoying 1 week free downolads .Receiving speed abve 225-300KB/s here.

Supra said:
@ Ganesh ---- With a 2G sim I dont think you will get above 3 Mbps (with 3G plan) as those are speed throttled. To get the offer and speeds please get the Rs 59/- 3G Sim along with Rs 120 First Recharge (FRC) . Rs 58 FRC is not implemented in many circles so no point taking a chance. 58 FRC works confirmed in Karnataka, TN as of nw.
No Supra. We do not get any 3G SIMs here as yet. Inquired everywhere. I'll stick to this SIM if I am able to get even 1.5 mbps - I've no complaints.

But until now, this 2G SIM is not even activated. Not able to make calls. :'(

Back