BSNL 3G Thread

^Not happening since the range keeps fluctuating like mad. I wasn't able to browse much either. Shall keep you posted on how it goes in this thread.

Supra said:
Damn Rishabh awesome speeds :D...first EVDO now this......where is my cake for the E122 story being shared to all and sundry :mad:

And still we get questions why not a BSNL modem instead of E122 in the forums :p

@ Ganesh ---- With a 2G sim I dont think you will get above 3 Mbps (with 3G plan) as those are speed throttled. To get the offer and speeds please get the Rs 59/- 3G Sim along with Rs 120 First Recharge (FRC) . Rs 58 FRC is not implemented in many circles so no point taking a chance. 58 FRC works confirmed in Karnataka, TN as of nw.
This is wrong to say that with 2G sims speeds are throttled? Speed has nothing to do with SIM. It's data plan, which matters. It may be possible that in particular Bangalore(Karnataka Circle) BSNL has given special parameters to customers having 2G SIM but again chances are low. Try to test 2G SIM with 3G data plan and see the results.

^^ Did that and there is quite some difference. All 2G sims in bangalore have 3G access.

For 3G sims its show up as HSPA BSNL Mobile in E122 whereas HSDPA BSNL Mobile for 2G sim. This is w/o any 2G/3G data packs and pro-rata 1p/10KB usage.

Also plz note there are 2 kinds of 3G sims---one is the usual Red 3G logo 256KB sim and the new 128KB 3G Blue color sim.

Ok got the SIM activated but the range keeps fluctuating like crazy. Got to check it out at home. I can't find a BSNL tower anywhere in the vicinity of this place. :(

beauty55 said:
One week free download is working perfectly with FRC 58 and i am downloading from tuesday till today .

Is it applicable even after first 120 FRC for first week unlimited download. I mean if i recharge FRC 58, i will get another 1 week unlimited download data. I have completed my first week unlimited download with FRC 120.

maddy_in65 said:
Is it applicable even after first 120 FRC for first week unlimited download. I mean if i recharge FRC 58, i will get another 1 week unlimited download data. I have completed my first week unlimited download with FRC 120.
LOL...i too had the same question. What if i again do a FRC (i know it is called First recharge :p ) of 120 again after a week ??

If someone tries, do let us know. :)

beauty55 said:
I did buy thesim from BSNL CSC,NACHARAM-Hyderabad.Actually the auntys in the office dont have knowledge on what FRCs are available when i told them that FRC 58 is also there and they checked all the documents with them about FRCs they dont have those new FRC paln details with them .THey forced me to take Vennela Super-FRC 139 but i told them to do FRC 58 and finally the aunty at the counter recharged with FRC 58 and thats it and i got the confirmation to my mobile of the recharge and i tested the sim connected with my Sony K660i mobile and enjoying 1 week free downolads .Receiving speed abve 225-300KB/s here.

thanks mate, I found a couple places in Kukatpally on google maps, will go and chek em out very soon!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

raksrules said:
LOL...i too had the same question. What if i again do a FRC (i know it is called First recharge :p ) of 120 again after a week ??
If someone tries, do let us know. :)
maddy_in65 said:

Lol...dont you guys think you pushing it a bit too much?

Supra said:
^^ Did that and there is quite some difference. All 2G sims in bangalore have 3G access.

For 3G sims its show up as HSPA BSNL Mobile in E122 whereas HSDPA BSNL Mobile for 2G sim. This is w/o any 2G/3G data packs and pro-rata 1p/10KB usage.

Also plz note there are 2 kinds of 3G sims---one is the usual Red 3G logo 256KB sim and the new 128KB 3G Blue color sim.
Thanks for the information. Now Allover India every BSNL 2G SIM has access to 3G. The HSDPA link you have on 2G SIM is capable of 7.2 Mbit/s (further of 14 Mbit/s), which is maximum of BSNL ATT. However as I said before, unexpectedly if there is difference in speed, that could be due to BSNL policy in a particular circle. People in Bangalore are lucky to have HSPA/HSPDA downlink of 7.2 Mbit/s with strong signal strength. Here in Punjab/Chandigarh 3G GPRS struggle to cross 2 Mbps with an average signal strength.

Can somebody tell me what are the good alternatives to the e122(coz its really difficult to find)In Kolkata shops I am getting only unlocked Aiirtel/BSNL modems.Are these good enough?

1 Week free downloads r over and i recharged with 2500 in bsnl portal.The transaction was succesful,got a message , which showed "Sales Transaction for the mobile no.could not processed .Contact customer Care with Ref No." I checked by connecting to the internet and my main balance is gettting reduced.What happens now will the amount 2500 be refunded back or the amount is lost.calling customer call but no body is lifting.Please how to resolve this guys.

virus32win said:
People in Bangalore are lucky to have HSPA/HSPDA downlink of 7.2 Mbit/s with strong signal strength. Here in Punjab/Chandigarh 3G GPRS struggle to cross 2 Mbps with an average signal strength.
Not all parts of bangalore buddy. Some parts of banaglore also suffer. There may be parts in ur town where 3G is good. Speeds with BSNL are 100% unpredictable. Any service with BSNl is a lottery.

The Docomo 3G modem is available with Ankit- Dinesh. It resembles Huawei 181 with 7.2 download and 5.6 upload speeds, although I am not sure abt the model no part. It is for 2.6K.

beauty55 said:
1 Week free downloads r over and i recharged with 2500 in bsnl portal.The transaction was succesful,got a message , which showed "Sales Transaction for the mobile no.could not processed .Contact customer Care with Ref No." I checked by connecting to the internet and my main balance is gettting reduced.What happens now will the amount 2500 be refunded back or the amount is lost.calling customer call but no body is lifting.Please how to resolve this guys.
Similar thing happened with supra i guess. They will refund your money back. Also what do we get with 2500 rupees recharge?

Supra said:
All 2G sims in bangalore have 3G access.
Are you sure? since my friend is having 2G prepaid and i'm having 2G postpaid, but we are not able to get 3G access. But i do have one more prepaid bsnl it has 3G access with restricted speed :(

^^ Same happened to me ....it will refunded with 3-5 days

yes in Bangalore its all selective :mad:....first of all only excel prepaid sims(white color) are allowed 3G access (and not the blue colored BSNL Mobile 2G prepaid sims) and then speed is throttled to 1.5 Mbps or so for 2G sims. Its done for a reason though as even 2G data users can get 3G data at 1p per 10KB but will be done at throttled speeds

I see that many people have the 256KB USIM while mine is a blue coloured 128KB. Is there any difference between these tewo USIMs except the memory capacity ?

[quote name='Supra']^^ Same happened to me ....it will refunded with 3-5 days

Then afterwards how did u recharge?did u again used the portal for recharge?or u did offline?

Back