BSNL 3G Thread

All saars :p

HSDPA in Mobile Partner means you are limited to 7.2 Mbps downloads and 384k uploads.

HSPA in Mobike Partner means upto 14.4 Mbps downloads and 5.76 Mbps uploads ( of course depends on network and device support)

I uploaded some stuffs to hotfile yesterday and avergae upload speeds were like 1.8~1.9 Mbps :)

The sim card types do matter somehow....but I dunno why....crazy BSNL engineers :p

^ So what do you suggest I do now? :( :( Get the sim replaced? The thing is I did the 4200 recharge few days back, else would have got another SIM. :( :(

^^ Tell that the sim is not working....so u need a replacement. Get the proper red colored 3G written sim(256KB) which costs Rs 59. They will transfer your account to the new sim and block the old one....shouldn't take more than a day to get it activated.

^ I got the exact same SIM right now, with 3G/256K written in red. Don't know what happened! :(

Will they check if the sim is actually working or not? And have to pay Rs 59 again?

Ya will send the sim to my friend and see. I just came back from Chennai today! ! :(

For now will get a new SIM from here, just to verify its not a fault with the data card. :p

Supra said:
^^ Tell that the sim is not working....so u need a replacement. Get the proper red colored 3G written sim(256KB) which costs Rs 59. They will transfer your account to the new sim and block the old one....shouldn't take more than a day to get it activated.
here(gujarat) even with their locked data card they giving same 128 KB sim .

even I did recharged it with 4200 /- & it's working fine with download ( 2 / 3 mbps) but again upload is not even 384 kbps :S

I think supra should open a IC/GO for the 256kb SIMS :)

Mine too is 128kb. I think that can be the cause of my speed restriction. Not sure. :S

raksrules said:
I think supra should open a IC/GO for the 256kb SIMS :)
I am up for that but will it hold good for the other cities? :ashamed:

No roaming right? So I guess it should be good. Supra please do us a favor if you could. Pretty please. :p

I also have two 128kb 3g sim but I think network speed support matters more than diff 3g sim types(128kb vs 256kb).

@ Supra, why don't u do a speed test of a 128kb 3g sim against another 256kb 3g sim? I think ur network supports HSDPA(7.2mbps) and HSUPA(2mbps) while mine supports HSDPA(3.6mbps) and 384kbps U/L. I think we both are using the same device, i.e., E122.

@raksrules, there may be restriction on ur net speed by BSNL becaz one day u get 3mbps speed and another day 1.5mbps then this mean either problem is from BSNL, network coverage or in ur device.

^^ Of course I tested before making the comment....or may be u thought the other way.

I have quite a few BSNL 3G & 2G sims...2 of them are postpaid ...rest 2-3 are prepaid.

And the speed at the same time of the day seemed to differ between the normal 2G converted 3G, 128KB 3G sim and 256 KB 3G sim.

Your E122 is showing up HSDPA means HSUPA is not supported thats why you are limited to 384k uploads...whereas in the 256KB sim its showing up HSPA BSNL Mobile (HSPA = HSDPA + HSUPA) thats why uploads speeds are above 1.5 Mbps. When I flip to a 2G coverted to 3G sim, or a normal 2G postpaid sim (3G acess is allowed) I only get HSDPA signal . Why Why...that plz dont ask me ! BSNL ppl are crazy :p

And btw the 3G sims are in very short supply in Blore as well...they are now giving either 2G sims or 3G sims 128KB. All are allocated 3G plan by doing FRC of 120/58

Supra said:
HSPA in Mobike Partner means upto 14.4 Mbps downloads and 5.76 Mbps uploads ( of course depends on network and device support)
Is it not 7.2 and 5.76 if its HSPA?
The sim card types do matter somehow....but I dunno why....crazy BSNL engineers :p
Some what i couldnt believe and i wont accept also :) Since i've only old 2G sims only :p

^^ You migrated long back re....I migrated my Free Home Unlimited 2G sim to 3G last week and I got throttled to HSDPA only where as all those 3G sims gets HSPA !

Supra, you can test the speed limit assigned to your SIM's with the help of MDMA. Its a nice tool and u can use that for USSD too :p. Let me know the speed assigned to you for your different SIMS.

Is there any way to check the bandwidth remaining on 3G card ? .Like sending *123# from computer ?

I am at the moment testing ( I have a taken limited bandwidth recharge ) .Any other way apart from removing it from modem and putting into a phone to check the balance?

If u are right then that mean u will get 7.2 mbps d/l with 256kb sim everywhere. I can agree about 2g to 3g converted SIM may have speed limitation but again speed diff between two 3g sims, What the **** is this?

BTW, If i m right then e122 only supports HSDPA + HSUPA not HSPA.

OMG, Mobile partner showing HSPA/HSDPA all depends on the speed limit, it could be either operator set the limit or your device limit. For eg in TN, all 3G speed limited to 3.6 from recent months and 2G speed limited 256 kpbs though my device supports up to 7.2 :) and for god's sake dont think all the regions will follow same policies. :p

Back