BSNL 3G Thread

^ except bsnlnet, bsnlmms , bsnllive, bsnlstream whatever you give it automatically connect through bsnlnet apn :p I guess this is deliberate move by BSNL to block some hacks through other old disable APN's like gprssouth.cellone.in, portalsouth.cellone.in :)

smnrock said:
^ except bsnlnet, bsnlmms , bsnllive, bsnlstream whatever you give it automatically connect through bsnlnet apn :p I guess this is deliberate move by BSNL to block some hacks through other old disable APN's like gprssouth.cellone.in, portalsouth.cellone.in :)
Oh... that is probably the reason why when using windows dialer i am still able to connect to network without giving any APN settings (as it is there is no provision for one)

^Normally, if you want to connect through windows dialer, then APN setting needs to give in Extra initialization command tab in modem properties page. If you use MDMA or mobile partner they internally do this and makes easy for us :)

hayabusa_ryu said:
Really, It seems like he is face to face with tower antenna or maybe sitting on the tower. :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I am not from Chennai but generally 3g speed is locked to 3.6mbps in nearly all parts of india except few places.
Thanks for the response! So I am not facing any issues. Cool :)

smnrock said:
^Normally, if you want to connect through windows dialer, then APN setting needs to give in Extra initialization command tab in modem properties page. If you use MDMA or mobile partner they internally do this and makes easy for us :)
Yes yes i remember, there was some text there available and also bsnlnet written there. Tubelight me :ashamed:

When they are pricier than Huawei Modems whats the use ? The software of ZTE looks terrible plus no good support for unlocked firmware and other tools as in Huawei. I will buy them only if they are say as cheap as Rs 1500. Even a el cheapo Huawei E1550 for 1500 bucks are better than these.

Also they dont support HSUPA (uploads speeds of 2 mbps)...these are 384k up modems. No extrenal antenna also ! Better to get E122 @ Rs 2250 :)

sumatrix said:
I don think so they are 384 kbps modem since the seller has specified "FASTEL INDIA 3G/2G 7.2 Mbps high speed usb internet modem"
He meant 384kbps upload speeds, those modems support 7.2mbps download but the upload speed is limited to 384kbps whereas E122 supports 7.2 mbps download and 2 mbps upload.

ggt said:
^OMG for your speeds.
Where exactly are you located ?
So -51 dbm is like the best signal strength and the speeds prove it.
i'm in Bagalkot, north Karnataka

SpaceVoid said:
@manju ... what you sitting on the tower ? :bleh:

Great speeds man.:hap2:

its around 600m far from my house

34e9v9f.jpg

now i'm getting minimum of 4.0 mbps

2uj432o.jpg

^^I think we should directly go for 21 mbps modems now as all the telcos are rolling out 3G services with 21 mbps support :)

RS4 said:
^^I think we should directly go for 21 mbps modems now as all the telcos are rolling out 3G services with 21 mbps support :)
even on Japan 4G there are having data limits .

so for 21 mbps might be like this 21 GB for 21 mbps ,,,,,,after that 128 kbps :clap:

Back