BSNL 3G Thread

Supra said:
^^ Ya downloads/torrents are getting stuck....even browsing pages get stuck for 10-15 sec sometimes....dunno what they are experimenting every 7-10 days :mad:
Spikes r very high though.....rching almost 4-5 Mbps
aah finally jealous 2 mbps 3Gians will cheer for troubling 4mbps 3Gians :ashamed:
j/k .

on a serious note - after leeching too much , all will little bored with wht to do such speed

Guys read a lot about all the confusions in the data recharges.
I am in PUNE. Purchased a 3G prepaid card for Rs59/- and did a FRC of Rs120/- which shows a balance of Rs150/-.
I tested the signals and I get about 1.5 to 2MBps download speeds.
Please tell me:
1) Which recharge do I need to do to use the Rs4200/- 6 months Umlimited data usage?
2) Can I do a recharge of Rs4200/- directly from a dealer.
3) Do I need to do a recharge of Rs99/- before I recharge with the 4200/- one??

I am using it with a E122 modem.
Am really confused after going through all the posts here. Also Can I still avail the 7days free unlimited data usage offer? If yes then how?
Pls reply quick :)
Thanks a lot in advance.

Dushie said:
Maverick try using the modem connected to the back ports of the PC, usually it is not recommended using the front ports. Rear ports are better, just try and see if it makes any difference.
Will try that. Also I had read earlier that there is some capped speed with the older 128K SIM cards. Unfortunately only these SIM cards were available here. The new 256K SIM cards are better it seems.

Supra said:
^^ Ya downloads/torrents are getting stuck....even browsing pages get stuck for 10-15 sec sometimes....dunno what they are experimenting every 7-10 days :mad:
Spikes r very high though.....rching almost 4-5 Mbps
@supra

i too had same problem for the for the past one week and everything seem be fine for me now in chennai.

By the way can you suggest a application like umtsmon in linux for monitoring UMG181 card? i tried umtsmon but it was not able to detect mine...

I had tried IXconn but it cant detect E122. I have tried Acer asspire one Mobile partner but it is not working. Now i am getting frequent disconnection in ubuntu. sometimes E122 would not work. I think its due to some driver issue.

Hi Guys... Any answers to my queries below....

onlyravi said:
Guys read a lot about all the confusions in the data recharges.
I am in PUNE. Purchased a 3G prepaid card for Rs59/- and did a FRC of Rs120/- which shows a balance of Rs150/-.
I tested the signals and I get about 1.5 to 2MBps download speeds.
Please tell me:
1) Which recharge do I need to do to use the Rs4200/- 6 months Umlimited data usage?
2) Can I do a recharge of Rs4200/- directly from a dealer.
3) Do I need to do a recharge of Rs99/- before I recharge with the 4200/- one??

I am using it with a E122 modem.
Am really confused after going through all the posts here. Also Can I still avail the 7days free unlimited data usage offer? If yes then how?
Pls reply quick :)
Thanks a lot in advance.

^

1. The recharge amount for 6 months is Rs 4200.

2. Yes you can do from a dealer too, but it's recommended to visit a CSC.

3. No need for any other recharges, you can directly do the 4200 recharge after the FRC.

The 7 days unlimited should be already active, you can right away use it. :) No need to do anything.

Thanks @varkey...
Will try downloading few 100MBs to see if balance deducts. If not then will use it for a week and then recharge with 4200 :)

Do not know if it applies to you but in mumbai mtnl sent a message saying there will be intermittent blackout of data or voice as they are implementing MNP and they are urging users to be patient.

logistopath said:
Portal doesn't show 4200 option for me too. I think you need to visit the local BSNL CSC and do a recharge from there.
went to CSC today & they didn't had a clue about this plan.so contacted the Cell Division Incharge & he said that a C Topup (i don't know what that is) for 4200/- will do.
Still Confused :S

onlyravi said:
Hi Guys... Any answers to my queries below....
FRC 120 is for mobile and if you want to use the sim in datacard you should have done frc 119/-

In pune circle for 6 months validity its 4200 "recharge" not "topup"

Today, since morning, the 3G speeds are acting up in a good way, I am regular spikes of 1.2MBps and these last for a good 5-10 minutes every 30-45 minutes or so. I am using the E122.

SumitB said:
Today, since morning, the 3G speeds are acting up in a good way, I am regular spikes of 1.2MBps and these last for a good 5-10 minutes every 30-45 minutes or so. I am using the E122.
Holy cow! :O

Back