BSNL 3G Thread

red dragon said:
What a thread!!I was really tempted and bought a bsnl 3g sim today,recharged it with 120,now I have a validity of 6 months.What am I supposed to do now?Recharge with 1499 to get one month UL or 4200 for 6 months(is it still available?)Please help me guys.I am from kolkata BTW and live very close to a telephone exchange and getting 100%signal anywhere in my place.
i am in kolkata as well

if u need any help pm me.. 4200 for six months after a week is the way to go..

let me know your exact location and speeds you get

rajan1311 said:
you guys really dont know the trick to get UL BSNL 3G? Its really old...
Yup you are right, the trick is really old and may still work at some places sometimes, but mostly it doesn't works anymore.

Short version : Online recharge of Rs.4200 failed :(

Long rant : After enjoying free unlimited usage for 1 week, yesterday afternoon I did an online recharge of Rs.4200 through bsnl portal. It was specifically a 3G data recharge voucher of Rs.4200. I didn't get any confirmation message and net was still not connecting. I thought it was because of the nil balance so did a top-up of Rs.55. I received an immediate sms and then I was able to get online.

But in a short while the net again disconnected and the reason was that the 4200 recharge had still not come into effect and my balance had reached nil. For 3 hours I tried to call CC but to no avail :( The MOST frustrating thing was that every cc guy who picked my call spoke in Kannada. When I asked for someone who could speak in english or hindi I was put on hold, a recorded message kept repeating that they are transferring my call to a senior executive but nobody picked my call and it was automatically disconnected after around half an hour. I tried this six times and having wasted my 3hours I finally gave up.

Today morning someone at CC said that the 4200 recharge takes 24 hours to activate and that limit is over by now.
For the time being I've done another Rs.55 topup to gat temporary net access. Today being sunday, I'll have to go to JayaNagar BSNL office tomorrow and find out what happened to my 4200 rs .... will I get the 6 month unltd. usage or can I get a refund or has my money gone down the drain.

By the way, I do have a screenshot of the bsnl portal which says that my transaction of Rs.4200 was successful.

On hindsight, my portal profile address is of Rajasthan circle and I did 4200 RCV on Bangalore no.
Does that make any difference ?

Has anyone faces such issues while recharging from bsnl portal ?
Anyone trying the portal for the first time, please be cautious while going for a high value recharge. I'll post more after I get back from bsnl office tomorrow.

Basically i'm feeling pretty frustrated and can't do zip till tomorrow :(

^^Hey I also paid my last landline bill before christmas through cc.My line was cut off and so I was unable to browse internet.I paid through cc in the hope of instant activation of my line like the private telecom services.But sadly it didn't happen.On monday I then went to the nearest circle office to ask my query.Then then told me that you don't have to worry about it and said that online payment takes atleast 3 days for processing and the activation of the line will be automatically done.On wednesday after 12 pm my line was automatically activated along with the my broadband.

I think the same will be the case with you.At least wait for 3 days then see what happens.

2-3 days back I had received a Huawei umg1831 datacard + 3 meter usb extension cable from Sunish. I got around 2 day to test the speeds and at times I was able to touch upto 450 KBps, so I was pretty satisfied and decided to go for 6 months unlimited recharge. And now.... no downloading even after paying good money to bsnl. Kicking myself now :mad:

@jojothedragon : Thanks for the immediate reply mate. Had I known earlier about the 3 day thingy I'd have gone to the office itself. But I was feeling a bit lazy and thought it would be the same thing when done via portal.

Btw, does it say anywhere on bsnl site that online recharges take 3 days to get into effect ? I did 2 top-ups of Rs. 55 each *after* the 4200 one, on the same no. and both times I got immediate confirmation via sms. Wonder why did it go wrong for the 4200 one only :mad:

Go to the office tomorrow and get it verified as soon as possible. CC payment with BSNL gets a bit of time to get processed, but don't take any chances, go tomorrow to their office and inquire about it.

@ Argus- You can't take guarantee on BSNL services.I haven't found it on their official website or anywhere the officer just told me that.Anyway I am a bsnl mobile user.I always pay my bsnl mobile bills through cc .I do this because I get instant activation of my connection.I often use to pay my bill after my outgoing is cut off. When I pay my bill i use cc and get instant activation.But as you can see the case with my landline connection, its not the same. Why it is, I really don't know.Even the BSNL authority don't know what they really do.

@Argus - Even I did the 4200 recharge through the BSNL portal, but it got activated with 15 minutes.

Maybe your recharge wasn't successful even though the portal says so. The money will be refunded after few days if thats the case. The same thing happened to one of the other members here and he had posted about it few pages back. :)

@ Argus-- Happened to me as well...email and call at the contacts below :

For any complaints/grievances regarding online recharge payments contact

* Manager(PORTAL): 040-23296448 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 040-23296448 end_of_the_skype_highlighting(From 10am to 5pm)

* Sr.System Analyst(PORTAL):

* System Analyst(PORTAL): 040-23236213 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 040-23236213 end_of_the_skype_highlighting(From 6pm to 9pm)

pg_mobile@bsnl.co.in

I had got my refund in 3 days that time.

varkey said:
Maybe your recharge wasn't successful even though the portal says so. The money will be refunded after few days if thats the case. The same thing happened to one of the other members here and he had posted about it few pages back. :)

Yikes, if such is the case then from now on I'll only use the portal for small denomination recharges.
Supra said:
@ Argus-- Happened to me as well...email and call at the contacts below:

I had got my refund in 3 days that time.
That's some useful info. Thanks Supra :)

added next day :

Refund initiated :)

Hopefully I will get the amount back in 2-3 days.

vamsi_krishna said:
Any one facing slow speeds?

From two days.. all i'm getting is ~80KBps.
I am facing low speeds (30 to 80 KBps) for the past 3 days now with occasional burst to 300 - 400 kBps...

Have been to hyderabad for new year.. speeds in Anand Nagar, near care Hospital were around 200-600 KBps and in Kondapur were 200-700 KBps. Considering this to bangalore the service seems very good in hyderabad.

^^ I think all the speed of Pune and B'lore is diverted to HYD :bleh:
Tried using my card in Kothrud area of Pune which is abt 15KMs away from my area. There also I am getting the same results.
Speeds never more than 1mbps and IP addr location of Ahmedabad :mad:
P.S: Thank God there is no confusion between KM and km :chair:

Load in Bangalore due to techenclave & broadbandforum.in/*rodov rippers u know ! And ya everyone needs internet in Bangalore :p...even the hot chicks :rofl:

Ya speeds have been pathetic from last few days. Was getting 450 to 550 KBps and now it has crashed to 150 KBps.

Anybody found any solution regarding umg1831 IMEI???

Back