BSNL 3G Thread

sgx100

Adept
Aug 17, 2009
Revolution said:
U mean u have to keep a min balance to use UL 3G for 7 days ?
Rs.100/- ?.....
Not 100, I guess it 50 or 55
I was falling short by 0.14 Rupees :|

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Any inside information whether BSNL is going to close down the 4200/= --> 6 Months U/L downloads tomorrow.
Officially 90 days end tomorrow.

apextwin146

Adept
Mar 27, 2008
I got a 3g Sim yesterday. I tried it in my friends E52 and i was getting pathetic speed like 130Kbps as the speedtest which means in uTorrent i will get 10kbps. But in my house there is full signal of BSNL, Also everyone in Mysore reports to be getting good speeds like m-jeri/SunnyBoi. Now i am not sure if we configured it properly but it was showing 3.5g on his handset.
Now i am not sure if i should get the Modem + 2.5K 3 months unlimited plan. Can some one help me out/ ppl in mysore give more pointers(as in the speeds have a direct correlation with signal strength or does the 3g speed depend on other parameters too)

sgx100

Adept
Aug 17, 2009
apextwin146 said:
I got a 3g Sim yesterday. I tried it in my friends E52 and i was getting pathetic speed like 130Kbps as the speedtest which means in uTorrent i will get 10kbps. But in my house there is full signal of BSNL, Also everyone in Mysore reports to be getting good speeds like m-jeri/SunnyBoi. Now i am not sure if we configured it properly but it was showing 3.5g on his handset.

Now i am not sure if i should get the Modem + 2.5K 3 months unlimited plan. Can some one help me out/ ppl in mysore give more pointers(as in the speeds have a direct correlation with signal strength or does the 3g speed depend on other parameters too)

AFAIK 3G phones would never give you good speeds.

I tried with my 5800...the experience was equally pathetic; then I borrowed my neighbour's Micromax :O 3G USB Dongle and now I am able to touch speeds of 1.5 Mbps on an avg ( My place just shows 1-2 bars on the Micromax Software)

So I would suggest you to invest in a good 3G dongle to get optimum results.

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Jun 21, 2008
FL
apextwin146 said:

Get the modem. :).

prime

Skilled
Nov 22, 2008
Hi guys.

Bought a BSNL 3G prepaid SIM for my UMG1831 with the help of a friend in UP. Being couriered to me today.

What settings in Mobile Partner are required to use it in Delhi/Gurgaon.

Also, can Rs.4,200/- recharge be done online? Any links please.

Thanks. :)

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Jun 21, 2008
FL
^^^

1. Just set bnslnet as ur apn. check ur sim circles bsnl site..

2. yup..use bsnl prepaids recharge site..

@apex..

clear ur inbox.. :)

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Jan 31, 2005
Bangalore
Hmmm never had issues with phones and 3G. Used to tether the BSNL 3G from my Nexus one to laptop. Get 4Mbps constant on uTorrrent on lappy :p

Mysore speeds are fantastic, 21.5GB done since today midnight :p on public torrents.

bigbyte

Skilled
May 14, 2007
I think BSNL/MTNL is now capping speeds. The two newly acquired BSNL Maharashtra sims show a QOS os 2048kbps DW and 384 kbps UL in MTNL mumbai network. My MTNL mumbai Sim shows QOS of 384kbps for both UL/DW. My friend's BSNL sim procured from a northern state shows QOS 8192 kbps DL.

Now since QOS info is in HLR, does it means that I'll get same QOS in Maharashtra?

smnrock

Skilled
Apr 9, 2009
AFAIK, your details will be in only one HLR and where ever u go(roaming) it will be getting info from your one only HLR :) Home Location Register

bigbyte

Skilled
May 14, 2007
Exactly, I thought so. Looking at the way BSNL CC functions, now it means my speeds will remain capped with 2048 kbps. Too bad that I did 4200 wala recharge just yesterday.

Faraz

Skilled
Sep 18, 2009
Bhopal
So got my no ported to bsnl and 3G is working fine with good speeds.
Should i go for the 991 recharge directly or should i do the 120FRC first?

Supra

Skilled
Feb 10, 2005
^^ For porting the FRC is already done. Can you please tell us where and how did u get this porting done . Prepaid/Postpaid ? ALso how long it took and what freebies you got once ur porting was suceessful to BSNL ? And ya hopw much did u have to pay in total ?

If ur sim is already active and you have some balance and is able to make outgoing calls...do an easy recharge(not top-up) of Rs 991/999.

Faraz

Skilled
Sep 18, 2009
Bhopal
Supra said:
^^ For porting the FRC is already done. Can you please tell us where and how did u get this porting done . Prepaid/Postpaid ? ALso how long it took and what freebies you got once ur porting was suceessful to BSNL ? And ya hopw much did u have to pay in total ?

If ur sim is already active and you have some balance and is able to make outgoing calls...do an easy recharge(not top-up) of Rs 991/999.
I got it done from the BSNL office here in Bhopal.

It's a prepaid sim.

Filled the form on 21st Jan And got the no functioning today around 11:30AM

Total downtime: around 16 hrs :no:

Got balance of 115Rs and 6GB free data usage.

Paid 59+54=113rs (sim charges+some charges related to 3G)

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
I am not sure if this has been answered earlier or not but currently since i am accessing the site on my mobile it is difficult for me to move back pages.
I have got the UMG1831 modem and i connected it to my laptop without inserting the sim. Its drivers and mobile partner got installed. NoW i removed the modem and put the sim and again connected. Then fired up mobile partner but it did not show any network. There was a blue light blinking on it. Is there a problem?

Supra

Skilled
Feb 10, 2005
^^ Blue light means its latched on to 3G network. Thats a good sign :)

Just close mobile partner....put the modem in a different USB port....let it install drivers. Open Mobile partner...go to Tools> Choose Device....check if it shows UMG 1831.

If still no signal...go to Tools>options> Network

Set to WCDMA Preferred.....do a manual search and register to 3G network

SayantanGR

Adept
May 23, 2009
Medinipur, West Bengal
MTNL Unlimited 3G at Rs. 4500 6months validity (Rs750/mo) :)

MTNL-Unlimited-3G-Data-Plan.jpg

source

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
Supra said:
^^ Blue light means its latched on to 3G network. Thats a good sign :)
Just close mobile partner....put the modem in a different USB port....let it install drivers. Open Mobile partner...go to Tools> Choose Device....check if it shows UMG 1831.

If still no signal...go to Tools>options> Network
Set to WCDMA Preferred.....do a manual search and register to 3G network
i did that i guess but in select device it did not show me anything. Then since i was getting late i shut off everything. But assume it does not show me any device there, how to troubleshoot? And yes with blue i mean the normal blue colour and not the greenish blue, which had come initially when it was installing the drivers(just clarifying)

surya_neo

Disciple
Jan 9, 2010
I recently bought...UMG1831 and had hard time installing the drivers in Win 7 Ultimate...There is a fix for Windows 7 from huawei site..search for it and install it after installing the drivers...Then it will start working...

ps:windows 7 fix