BSNL 3G Thread

krishnandu said:
Hi, I took the 3G SIM today, FRC 120. Now what?? What are the plans??

BSNL guys said the plans have been changed and that 13**/- UL plan doesn't exists anymore.

So any information from the experienced 3G users?? Or any other information that I should know.
yes there is no more 3g ul for prepaid/postpaid plan.

http://www.calcutta.bsnl.co.in/new-template.html?pg=gprs_2g3g.shtml

Here are the only plan available for general use, unless u have BB or Ipad plan.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

cisco_tech said:
Still no update from BSNL. called 1505 numerous times but no help. Also visited CSC. As usual Blackberry bahoot log use nahi karte so humko idea nahi hai !! wtf!!!
Try emailing them at bbsupport@bsnl.co.in the response has been phenomenal, they will call you back same/next day and the guy knows about the problem and has solved the problem everytime I have mailed them. Tele support and CSC guys are jokers, I only call 1505 to know the validity and not technical support.

For those who looking for U/L plan, dont buy a BB plan, they will eventually block you, of course if you dont access BIS even once what do you expect them to do. :p

Buy the Ipad plan, that seems the only option as for now.

Guys, can anyone help me with the codes for knowing balance(123), remaining data and any other that I should know??

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Few more queries:

Should I configure my phone for 3G only?? Or 2G/3G is fine??

If I keep 2G/3G which one would be used??

If I recharge with any 2G data plan, will I get 3G speed??

What's the APN for 3G??

By default, I got Config. Settings for BSNL East, and the Preffered Access Point is BSNL GPRS(APN : www.e.po)

lol...called up BSNL for Settings, the customer guy was like "chalo thik hai help kar do is bande ko", and you won't believe in background "Shila Ki Jawaani" was playing, I couldn't also hear his voice clearly, the thing I got is, he'll be sending the settings for me.

Guys, they send something named bsnlnet, and when I use internet, it shows G sign in a box, is it GPRS / 3G??

One more issue, after browsing it shows .10p / .20p charged, though my main balance is intact, and on *123*10# the data usage is also intact, what's the issue?? From where they are deducting that charges??

lol didn't expected this at least...

@krishnendu,For data balance *123*10#

APN-bsnlnet

Configure for 3G only

G=GPRS,E=EDGE,3.5G/H=HSDPA

Where in kolkata are you located bro?

red dragon said:
@krishnendu,For data balance *123*10#
APN-bsnlnet
Configure for 3G only
G=GPRS,E=EDGE,3.5G/H=HSDPA
Where in kolkata are you located bro?
Thanks for the info's but already find it out :)

I stay near Malancha Cinema Hall. (As Ranikuthi Exchange is just there, so expecting a good speed).

so folks. Here is a very interesting news.

Went to the csc for 999 ipad plan.ul. They said no ul from now on. tht plan will only have 10gb free. Rest u have to recharge.

So people who were running around for 21 or 42mbps modem with earth station
antennaes, party is over. Sad. It was awesome while it lasted.

Any comments on the plan do share

m-jeri said:
so folks. Here is a very interesting news.

Went to the csc for 999 ipad plan.ul. They said no ul from now on. tht plan will only have 10gb free. Rest u have to recharge.

So people who were running around for 21 or 42mbps modem with earth station

antennaes, party is over. Sad. It was awesome while it lasted.

Any comments on the plan do share
Why didnt you go for that rs 4200/6months recharge? i did it just few days before the offer expired and i am set for another 5 months.

I did do the 999/- iPad RC on the 17th of Feb.

The thing with BSNL is that their right hand does not know what their left is doing. Also, it seems that BSNL's regional hubs make their own policies and operate as per their own whims and fancies. No doubt that BSNL will start loosing its "literate" subscriber base once there UL plans are removed. Once this happens, their regional hubs will come up with their own UL plans. Only a matter of time. Till then, we have to wait till the 16th April before I can confirm whether these FUPs have fcuked their 999/- UL iPad plan.

^Sumit how's the SIM doing now? What sort of speeds are you getting? And what is the present data transfer status?

Guys. BB service activated. but i am not able to tether it. I have to use APN - bsnlnet. By using APN my main balance deducted.
I dont know how sumit is not being charged.
@ Sumit. You using same APN. bsnlnet ?
All the tethering software for BB use Direct TCP connection which needs APN. There is no Tether Software that uses BIS connection. :(

@sumit..

I went to CSC today. the BB/iPAD UL plans are no longer UL plans. talked with the CC too. must be mysore/karnataka. Its just 10GB free. :S

I said wth is in the website. they said sorry. now its only 10GB. I mean wtf.

and i dont think regional hubs can do whatever. coz data roaming concept is there and its free all over india. :S

Back