BSNL 3G Thread

guys,
this loss of unlimited plans due to few of us who misued the bandwidth.
becaus of few absolute hard core downloader,
they have screwed up all of us.

Unlimited plans are for unlimited downloads,and WTF is a hard core downloader?What do you mean by bandwidth misuse?Those private operators and corrupt bsnl babus have screwed us,not our fellow downloaders.

pratikb said:
guys,
this loss of unlimited plans due to few of us who misued the bandwidth.
becaus of few absolute hard core downloader,
they have screwed up all of us.

So, what do you suggest?
Buy a racer car and use it for grocery shopping in sabzi mandi? :p

red dragon said:
Unlimited plans are for unlimited downloads,and WTF is a hard core downloader?What do you mean by bandwidth misuse?Those private operators and corrupt bsnl babus have screwed us,not our fellow downloaders.

Does that mean they are actually taking the unlimited plans them down :O

our fellow down loaders download 900 gb in one month and how do we not call them hard core?

everywhere this type of fup is their.

especially on wireless net.

as i see only accomplish-able way to pull down so much in 1 month is to download p*rn.

its not question of using ferrari for growsry.

its simple.

i also download heavily but i have done 100 gb in one month.

everyone has diff appetite but things should not misused.

all thanks to tata indicom.

@ pratikb ... quit whining ...

@ all : guys is there any thread for comparing 3g speeds on laptop using 3g mobile with 7.2 hsdpa vs data card of same config as modem .. ? plz direct me to it .... else give ur views .. battery life not an issue since it will be usb tethered .

Sent from my JellyBean using Tapatalk

@ pratikb : grow up buddy...

Its only bcoz BSNL cud not cope up and upgrade to the increasing customers demands they were forced by their vendors to implement the FUP and take down UL plans. Not to mention the babus being bribed by pvt operators.
Secondly private operators do this for 2 reasons:
1) mainly to recover the high license costs.
2) So that they can always govern the customers and have reap max benefits in every small way they can.

With all these FUP in place and the UL plans vanishing its only the "hard core downloaders" (as U would call them) who are affected.
The "Rest of us" wala category will not be affected by this. They anyways d/l below the FUP limits, So I think they shd stop cribbing and thank the FUP.
As now they can enjoy more stable bandwidth than before.

Also all this is just a matter of time. As international bandwidth becomes more cheaper and ISP here upgrade... our operators can't just keep it unutilized. They pay for the total bandwidth they buy not how much they use.
Resultant : They will either increase the FUPs or start the true UL plans again.

onlyravi said:
@ pratikb : grow up buddy...

Its only bcoz BSNL cud not cope up and upgrade to the increasing customers demands they were forced by their vendors to implement the FUP and take down UL plans. Not to mention the babus being bribed by pvt operators.
Secondly private operators do this for 2 reasons:
1) mainly to recover the high license costs.
2) So that they can always govern the customers and have reap max benefits in every small way they can.

With all these FUP in place and the UL plans vanishing its only the "hard core downloaders" (as U would call them) who are affected.
The "Rest of us" wala category will not be affected by this. They anyways d/l below the FUP limits, So I think they shd stop cribbing and thank the FUP.
As now they can enjoy more stable bandwidth than before.

Also all this is just a matter of time. As international bandwidth becomes more cheaper and ISP here upgrade... our operators can't just keep it unutilized. They pay for the total bandwidth they buy not how much they use.
Resultant : They will either increase the FUPs or start the true UL plans again.
somewhat agree but fup was suppose to be for 24x7 and not for someone do 20 to 50 gb in total upload +download a month

delguy19 said:
somewhat agree but fup was suppose to be for 24x7 and not for someone do 20 to 50 gb in total upload +download a month
Yes thats the basic idea of FUP. But it would be a over head and little diff for the ISPs to categorize customers this way.
It happens with me that I download not more than 30-35GB a month normally but once in a while I end up downloading more than 200GB a month when I d/l XBOX games... or HD docu.

So ISPs generally come up with a decent figure(decent to their business :) ) and impose it as a FUP against that particular plan.
I can show you instances in Pune where a 2mbps Tata Indicom connection was shared between 3 diff apts and all had bachleors downloading to their content.
In this case the ISP lost out on two potential customers. But with FUP in place the owner of the connection will think before sharing coz he does not want to run out of limits for his own downloads.

I am myself very much against the idea of calling a connection UL when there actually is a limit on it. But as this is India we need to be little more patient before things start improving more.
ISPs are not keen in spreading area wise. They are currently just focussing on increasing density wise in their existing areas of service and avoid reaching out to new areas due to high setup costs and considerably low revenue.
But now the wireless will definately make future much better for us all. And by ALL I means ALL (Hard core d/l and rest of US ) :)

onlyravi said:
Yes thats the basic idea of FUP. But it would be a over head and little diff for the ISPs to categorize customers this way.
It happens with me that I download not more than 30-35GB a month normally but once in a while I end up downloading more than 200GB a month when I d/l XBOX games... or HD docu.

So ISPs generally come up with a decent figure(decent to their business :) ) and impose it as a FUP against that particular plan.
I can show you instances in Pune where a 2mbps Tata Indicom connection was shared between 3 diff apts and all had bachleors downloading to their content.
In this case the ISP lost out on two potential customers. But with FUP in place the owner of the connection will think before sharing coz he does not want to run out of limits for his own downloads.

I am myself very much against the idea of calling a connection UL when there actually is a limit on it. But as this is India we need to be little more patient before things start improving more.
ISPs are not keen in spreading area wise. They are currently just focussing on increasing density wise in their existing areas of service and avoid reaching out to new areas due to high setup costs and considerably low revenue.
But now the wireless will definately make future much better for us all. And by ALL I means ALL (Hard core d/l and rest of US ) :)
but why we normal who do max 20 to 50 gb including upload and download pay the price for what 24x7 do. i think isp whould see the overall usage for few yrs and than decide to inplement fup for that customer or not

^^ Well thats how things work in India. ISPs wont wait to study the usage pattern of customers coz here every few months customers change ISPs for better plans and service quality. Also its only 10% of customers who bother abt FUPs. Of rest 90% more than 2/3 dont even know abt FUP. They still believe UL means true UL.
And the reason is they never cross the FUP and the sales people/ Brouchers shout loudly calling the plans as UL. So most of the customers believe them.
There are many customers who dont d/l even 20-30gb in a whole year... but they sign up for the UL plans as their offices / companies is paying for the net connection.
So for now take things the ISP way later some day they will have to dance the customers way....
Today seems to be their day... :)

onlyravi said:
^^ Well thats how things work in India. ISPs wont wait to study the usage pattern of customers coz here every few months customers change ISPs for better plans and service quality. Also its only 10% of customers who bother abt FUPs. Of rest 90% more than 2/3 dont even know abt FUP. They still believe UL means true UL.
And the reason is they never cross the FUP and the sales people/ Brouchers shout loudly calling the plans as UL. So most of the customers believe them.
There are many customers who dont d/l even 20-30gb in a whole year... but they sign up for the UL plans as their offices / companies is paying for the net connection.
So for now take things the ISP way later some day they will have to dance the customers way....
Today seems to be their day... :)
thats sad for me as i am on airtel from last 7 yrs and still have to face fup. only hope if minimum broadband speed increase from 256 to somewhat 1 mbps or so

My BSNL 3G 4200 INR plan is exhausting as we speak. I think by April mid I'll face a disconnection. It was awesome when it lasted.

Wonder if the iPad 999 UL plan would be available at our place. Anyhow, will enquire and post back when that happens. :ashamed:

I am definitely going back to EDGE after my plan expires. No plans are easy on pocket. Probably Vodafone mobile connect.

Sent from my ZTE Blade using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

Wired connection ending in couple of days. I have got BSNL 3G SIM from Maharashtra circle.
1) Planning to use it in Mumbai with data card and not on cellphone. Will it work without any issues ?
2) Which usb modem to go for..?
3) can someone please post the link for latest rate plans for 3G in Mumbai..! ?

I tend to download a lot, so I was hoping for UL plans, but I guess they are pulled off recently.

Back