Custom duty related queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ Apart from other things remember to tell the seller to mark the actual sale price of the item on the postage stamp failing which the customs guys take the higher of your invoice and the actual receipt for valuation.

Depends on the mode of the duty officer,a friend got 160$ IEM for free customs, and The same person got 10$ ear phones for 20$ customs...............

Its all Luck out there at customs...

I don't understand one thing.. I ordered Palm Pixi for $37 at market price without any discount. The bill clearly mentions $36.99, whereas SnS declared it as $85.

How do they arrive at this value, although it didn't have that impact on custom duty that I paid. But still interstered in knowing how do they calculate?

HI,to give you clarity,Whenever there is no invoice travelling with the shipment, the origin will use a random value. This is one reason we ask for the purchase invoices from our clients in advance so that we can clear accordingl and not based on the value mentioned . and if we did not receive the invoice in advance it would be cleared on the value mentioned by the origin.
Regards
trigger said:
I don't understand one thing.. I ordered Palm Pixi for $37 at market price without any discount. The bill clearly mentions $36.99, whereas SnS declared it as $85.

How do they arrive at this value, although it didn't have that impact on custom duty that I paid. But still interstered in knowing how do they calculate?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hi,
the duty will be approx 1467 INR and the shipping charges are relative to the weight. 10 USD for the 1st 500 gms +8 USD for every additional 500 gms+ 10.3 % service tax.
regards
Grease Monk said:
Can I get a customs quote on a computer microphone?
4.2 pounds
Amazon.com: Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone: Musical Instruments

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

PLease email us the query to india@shopandship.com or give us a call. will get you more details in specific.
ssr said:
I am a SnS member and trying to buy an used tablet (Windows 7 Slate)
Do I need any specific documents for that to reduce customs duty?
Any other documents, precautions for getting this?

trigger said:

hey, will the verizon phone work in india???if yes which network????

chetansha said:
I am using it on reliance network.

My phones - Samsung epic 4g x2 (sprint) - reliance, Palm pixi plus (verizon) - reliance , BB 8330 verizon - reliance.

okay...what is the procedure????Do we just have to take the phone to showroom????And will it work on tata indicom as well???my dad's network is tata indicom...if palm pixi works with tata..ill gift him one :)

This thread is not for MEID reg stuff. etc. please send me PM. request mods or the posters to edit / delete these msgs.

shopnshipindia said:
Hello Shopandshippers!!

The duty on mobile phones is now 2.3 %

Regards

what?????my phone has just reached bombay today...not yet cleared customs...will i be charged 2.3%???

Originally Posted by Nag1010
When your shipping cost is explicitly available, why does customs take it ias 21.125% of invoice value?
shopnshipindia said:
This is how the cstoms assessed value is calculated, and the duty rate is not calculated on the invoice value.
Not so. Customs duty is charged on cost + insurance + freight (cif). When the freight is not known or believed to be understated, then customs take it as 20% of invoice value.
The freight cost is explicitly known--amount charged by Shop and Ship.
No reason for customs to assume a different value!!

please clarify

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back