CPU/Mobo Getting DFI mobos in India officially

But does the new Drivers support SLI on this board... And eddy what is the expected price of the same board... And guys dont let the dealer know it can be modded into a SLI board otherwise expect a higher price for the same...

What drivers switch ????
it is a hardware mod (reversible ... for warranty purpose:cool2: )

no need to change the bios or any software. after the mod the m/b will be detected as SLI on boot (the boot screen will show it).

The cost of ultra-D m/b should not exceed 7K ~ 7.5K max. beyond that it is not worth it IMHO.

and all those who are contemplating getting this and o/c too will be well advised to get a very, very good psu.dont skimp on the psu else this beast (ultra-D) will turn into a ram killer .....hehe

What would be the cheapest :eek:hyeah: PSU to work with the Ultra-D, assuming a standard config? (3000+, 1gb, 6600gt, etc )

Would a Powersafe 400W or 500W do?

Yep, the DFI Ultra-D board physically has 2 PCI-E slots just like the SLI version, so that helps tremendously. AnandTech had an article long back showing that nF4 Ultra Chipsets could be converted to the SLI version for any board (even an Asus A8N-E), just that you physically need 2 PCI-E slots to make use of SLI.

Angry_Games from the DFI Support Forums had made a statement long back saying as per all the nF4 Ultra chipset inventory DFI had sent out - all could be modded to SLI. No idea about their current inventory, as nVidia was planning on re-designing the chips for the nF4 Ultra instead of merely modifying the SLI chipsets into nF4 ultra ones (much like disabling pipelines on graphics cards for lower end models). Drop a post at the DFI forums to know the current status of things.

IIRC, there were some driver incompatibilities as well - nVidia absolutely did not like the idea of modding nF4 Ultra chips into SLI , and hence mucked around with the drivers to put road-blocks where they can. They even dis-allowed selling of SLI bridges with non-SLI boards (however current drivers do not need the bridges altogether)

Zhopudey said:
What would be the cheapest PSU to work with the Ultra-D, assuming a standard config? (3000+, 1gb, 6600gt, etc )

Would a Powersafe 400W or 500W do?

Both me and Darky used the 24-pin 400W Powersafe with good results. There is no 24-pin 500W model as yet, but a basic mod should allow you to convert a 20-pin model to a 24-pin. Cost ~ 1.4K, so pretty cheap too. This is the absolute cheapest you should go for, and still expect good results with it :)

DFI makes it absolutely mandatory to use a 24-pin PSU, while most other 24pin boards get along with 20-pin PSU's. It would be wise to heed DFI's advice.

AFAIK, the reason for dead RAM was the voltage regulator on the 5v line. It heats up tremendously when in operation (Sunny had put up pics of thermal scans of the DFI boards, those showed the hot spot as well) , and doesnt put out a steady voltage either - ultimately killing the RAM.

When using RAM with the default 3.3v line, you'll be pretty fine. If switching to the 5v line for your mem, you would absolutely have to stay above 3.2V and the higher you go, the better the voltage quality is.

Ok......... me in doubt........... the SLI-DR modem has a Sil 3114 CHIP in addition to the RAID facilities provided by the nVidia Ultra Chipset......... i.e. NVRAID. So the SLI-DR provided additional raid ports......... not add raid functionality to the SLI-D.

UPDATE :

Hi Mahesh,
That was gr8 effort from your side, apparently I had also short listed most of the models you have suggested.

DFI is launching a ATI based mother board called the

LAN party UT RDX200 CF-DR that was one addition

NF4 SLI Infinity was the 2nd – assuming it would be a budget board with a SLI.
K8M800 Infinity – I was not sure, can u give me more inputs on it.
Thanks & Regards,
Vinod

Director Sales & Marketing

Tel:+ 91-44-24362680 / 81

Fax : +91-44-52154188

Hand Phone : +91-94444-06588

email : vinod@antecindia.com

Good news for ATi fans !!!

Nice. But yeah, can he give any hints as to how the pricing is gonna be like? I'm sure if he's at this stage he should know what the pricing is gonna be ;)

As per the K8M800 Infinity, well it wont be an *enthusiast* board as such - the K8M800 chipset wouldnt allow that, but it would be good competition to the Asus K8V-MX and Gigabyte K8V800M-L which IMO constitute the majority of Socket 754 boards being sold. If enthusiasts alone are what they want to target, then they could give this board a pass.

I dont think pricing will be too big an issue. In past their infinity series was actiually good value and i dont see that changing much. Yes LP UT series may be little more expensive compared to Asus or maybe on par with it.

But hey its DFI.

AFA DFI Lanparty UT RDX200 CF-DR, its very much similar to Rev2 NF4 Ultra D in the looks and layout.

Board will hit reatil in other parts of world. So expect some reviews popping up soon.

As far as performance,overclocking and features goes, its on par with NF4 if not more.

And if I may sneak in some info related to ITDepot here - Apparently Version 2 of Antec plain 550W, TrueControl 550w and EPS12V models are now available for sale. You need to contact them for the exact pricing.

We r on song ppl. :) :)

My mail :

Hi Vinod,
More info on the K8M800 Infinity board :

As per the K8M800 Infinity, well it wont be an *enthusiast* board as such - the K8M800 chipset wouldnt allow that, but it would be good competition to the Asus K8V-MX and Gigabyte K8V800M-L which IMO constitute the majority of Socket 754 boards being sold. If enthusiasts alone are what they want to target, then they could give this board a pass.

Also, what abt. the TP v2.0 PSU's ? U informed me that they would be available from the 15th of Sept. R they available ? If so I've to inform the forum members abt. this too. Few of them r waiting for these PSU's.

One other info. Make sure that u send a sample of the DFI boards to CHIP and Digit mags. That would ensure popularity and spread knowledge abt. the boards coz lots of youngsters follow these mags for hardware purchase.

Can u also give any idea as to what the pricing of the boards would be ? Number of members r skeptical abt. the pricing part.

Apart from this, if a memory manufacturer like OCZ and Crucial ( Well- known international memory manufacturers ) want to tie up with Indian dealers, would u be interested ? Reason is DFI boards perform xtremely well with OCZ and Crucial apart from a few models from Corsair which is the only good memory brand available here.

Am waiting for ur response on the PSU's , DFI pricing and the Memory dealership.

Rgds,
Mahesh.
And the reply :
Hi Mahesh,
Thanks, will look at it, if required we will get the same.
The TP v2.0 PSU’s we have got in the TP 2 550 / TP 2.0 550 EPS & the True Control 2.0 550. The Forum members can get in touch with us,

could put them on to our nearest distributor for them to buy it.
We are still working on the pricing part, I should be able to give you a clear picture by Monday or Max Tuesday.
Ya on the memory part you are right, I am already checking out on the OCZ products, will also check out on the Crucial too.
Thanks & Regards,
Vinod

Director Sales & Marketing

Tel:+ 91-44-24362680 / 81

Fax : +91-44-52154188

Hand Phone : +91-94444-06588

email : vinod@antecindia.com

Mmmmm.... Can't wait to get my hands on a DFI - OCZ or Crucial combo.

Back