Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

@Slayer88 hope this works for you.
Thanks for being on the watch out for me, bro. Really appreciate it.

After having a low budget of 47-48K my patience has run out and i realised YOLO, right?! So, I was going to pull the trigger on the 3080 Gigabyte 12GB @ 68K that you sent me but it got sold out! Now i have the options to wait for 2 weeks for that offer to come back (and i am told it will) and by the faster and longer lasting Gigabyte 12GB variant with 4 years warranty. Or i have a Zotac Trinity OC 10GB that i am getting from 60-62k (have multiple offers that vary in terms of age but all have 4.8+ years warranty left.

Want your and the communities' opinion on what to do. Pay 8K more for the 12GB card that will last longer but has a shorter warranty or buy the 10GB for cheaper with close to 5 years warranty? Do note, i will game at 1080P as my TV is 1080P (and i do not intend to change that soon), but the aim is to have RT and every-damn-setting that exist to the max.

SP AAA titles are what i play.

Thanks for being on the watch out for me, bro. Really appreciate it.

After having a low budget of 47-48K my patience has run out and i realised YOLO, right?! So, I was going to pull the trigger on the 3080 Gigabyte 12GB @ 68K that you sent me but it got sold out! Now i have the options to wait for 2 weeks for that offer to come back (and i am told it will) and by the faster and longer lasting Gigabyte 12GB variant with 4 years warranty. Or i have a Zotac Trinity OC 10GB that i am getting from 60-62k (have multiple offers that vary in terms of age but all have 4.8+ years warranty left.

Want your and the communities' opinion on what to do. Pay 8K more for the 12GB card that will last longer but has a shorter warranty or buy the 10GB for cheaper with close to 5 years warranty? Do note, i will game at 1080P as my TV is 1080P (and i do not intend to change that soon), but the aim is to have RT and every-damn-setting that exist to the max.

SP AAA titles are what i play.

If you are going to keep playing at 1080p then the 10 GB variant is better. Longer warranty is much better than more VRAM in this case.
VRAM usage will be high for higher resolution but 10 GB is way more than adequate for games at full HD. You can game with everything turned on to the MAX and still get super high frames.

If you are going to keep playing at 1080p then the 10 GB variant is better. Longer warranty is much better than more VRAM in this case.
VRAM usage will be high for higher resolution but 10 GB is way more than adequate for games at full HD. You can game with everything turned on to the MAX and still get super high frames.
1080P for the next 8-12months at least. I assume by the time i move to 4K, DLSS / FRS will have become even better, so i guess i should be ok, right? As said my budget was <50k and i've already overshot that by 10k so the 8k saving for the 10GB over the 12GB will surely be welcome. I know it's not just the 2GB more but more CUDA cores n width too.. but yea.. i guess i'll have to live with 4K DLSS / FSR at near max settings when i do make the move to 4K.

1080P for the next 8-12months at least. I assume by the time i move to 4K, DLSS / FRS will have become even better, so i guess i should be ok, right? As said my budget was <50k and i've already overshot that by 10k so the 8k saving for the 10GB over the 12GB will surely be welcome. I know it's not just the 2GB more but more CUDA cores n width too.. but yea.. i guess i'll have to live with 4K DLSS / FSR at near max settings when i do make the move to 4K.

Fully agree with you. The 3080 10 GB will easily last you 12-18 months at full HD resolution and max settings.
And by the time you upgrade to proper 4K, I guess it will be time to get RTX 5070 or something.

Looking for input on reasonable pricing for the RTX A2000. Do you think prices will come down further, or is it best to pull the trigger now?
As of now everything is stable and pricing is not going anywhere down afait. But recession news might play spoilsport and cause prices to go down but that wud be for essentials mostly....so i don't see any uptick now and neither a downtrend also.
But used parts wud be your good friend as very few people are buying new gpu but more are buying used ones but not as much as there is inventory.

As of now everything is stable and pricing is not going anywhere down afait. But recession news might play spoilsport and cause prices to go down but that wud be for essentials mostly....so i don't see any uptick now and neither a downtrend also.
But used parts wud be your good friend as very few people are buying new gpu but more are buying used ones but not as much as there is inventory.
I'd love to pick-up a used A2000 and save some money; just haven't seen too many in the wild. If anybody has any leads, do let me know! Cheers.

4k at 60/144?? I may be overreacting but honestly what do you guys do for a living? :O

12gb variant not only have more VRAM but its slightly faster too , it is always the better choice avoid 10g gig if it above 50k otherwise go for 12gb variant.

12gb variant not only have more VRAM but its slightly faster too , it is always the better choice avoid 10g gig if it above 50k otherwise go for 12gb variant.
It's an 8k difference in price and a year less warranty if I get a Gigabyte card, else it's 2 years less). So it's getting hard to justify.. but my preference is the 12gig one, but budget has gone from 48 k to 60k and the 8k further over this 60k is really becoming a lot!

I miss my 1080Ti.. was so happy with it.. why'd you have to die on me??!:sob:

It's an 8k difference in price and a year less warranty if I get a Gigabyte card, else it's 2 years less). So it's getting hard to justify.. but my preference is the 12gig one, but budget has gone from 48 k to 60k and the 8k further over this 60k is really becoming a lot!

I miss my 1080Ti.. was so happy with it.. why'd you have to die on me??!:sob:
I feel your pain mate i would also cry when my trusty gtx 1060 will die on me , loosing a 1080 ti must hit differently.

but go for the 12 gig variant they still have lot of warranty left , yo will get more use out of the 12 gb one and you can RMA it once end of warranty approaches and get a brand new card heck sometimes they even upgrade it if they don't have a exact replacement.

8k is also a reasonable price difference , don't get hung up on just warranty look at the performance improvement that you will experience from day one.

Last edited:
I think the higher VRAM gives more longevity when games start demanding more and more. 6gb vram on 1060 not enough for 1080p medium settings of warhammer 3 :(

8k is also a reasonable price difference.
8k after streching 12k becomes 20k, buddy.

warranty look at the performance improvement that you will experience from day one.
Actually from/on day 1 I will not notice any difference as I don't think I'll be able to tell a 10gb vs 12gb at 1080P/60.
I think the higher VRAM gives more longevity when games start demanding more and more. 6gb vram on 1060 not enough for 1080p medium settings of warhammer 3 :(
Longevity is definitely the reason I'm considering it, but will 8k justify the longevity? This is the debacle.

Alternatively, I have a friend coming from the US in 3 weeks and can get a 12Gb card from there but that introduces warranty issues. Has anyone been able to confirm if EVGA(Acro) will accept GPU RMA requests here? They do offer global warranty.

You guys are missing one important point. He is going to game at 1080p only. So the extra RAM and stuffs is comparatively not so important.
A higher warranty is much more important. 10Gigs is enough for that resolution.

Back