Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

I guess I'll keep my 3070 and move to next console gen in a few years, these gpu prices are ridiculous.
Well, nvidia has to make sales eventually. This generation is to please the investors/board partners/shareholders much like the 20 series was. Then they launched 30 series to please customers and at the same time made profit as well due to mining situation.
Hope next gen is worth the price because 40 series definitely isn't. It's the definition of stagnation where performance increase is equivalent to price increase and is 1:1 so at the end only the customer is getting screwed and not gaining anything from it.

Let's wait for all launches to complete and all 3rd party reviews to come out...i am very interested in a 7800xt for whenever it launches with sensible pricing. And maybe works as fast as a 4080...fingers crossed.

The high-end GPUs have reach the cap of their rasterization potential if you don't care about ray tracing (which most gamers don't since these are users with below 20K GPUs). with dlss and Fsr old GPUs life has been extended even more. Basically, there is no reason to bother after this generation of GPUs IMO since you'll be set until the next generation of consoles come out.

I would regard this as a fakenews, given the xtra stock that every AIB has plus the market is right now loaded with used mining GPU.
Tomshardware is a reputable site and the article is backed up by data. So if you are calling fake any datapoints? If you are comparing with India prices they are not relevant as they don't track US prices which is what the article is about

Tomshardware is a reputable site and the article is backed up by data. So if you are calling fake any datapoints? If you are comparing with India prices they are not relevant as they don't track US prices which is what the article is about
I'll take it with a grain of salt. I am not talking about India at all. Most GPU buyers are in China and gamers do constitute but not that much. Data centers use a lot of GPU, creative developers do too.
"All the companies gave various and sometimes similar reasons for the downturn: the shutdown of crypto mining, headwinds from China's zero-tolerance rules and rolling shutdowns, sanctions by the US, user situation from the purchasing run-up during Covid, the Osborne effect on AMD while gamers wait for the new AIBs, inflation and the higher prices of AIBs, overhang inventory run-down, and a bad moon out tonight.

"Generally, the feeling is Q4 shipments will be down, but ASPs will be up, supply will be fine, and everyone will have a happy holiday," Peddie said.

I'll take it with a grain of salt. I am not talking about India at all. Most GPU buyers are in China and gamers do constitute but not that much. Data centers use a lot of GPU, creative developers do too.
Cant they lock something in the gpu to enable/disable it for gaming and data centers/miners....these data centers and miners have really soured the gaming scene

Cant they lock something in the gpu to enable/disable it for gaming and data centers/miners....these data centers and miners have really soured the gaming scene
Data centers can use any GPU and so did miners. They actually ruined the pricing by almost 18 months. So you know, it will take time. When no one is buying GPU, given the official data, they would be stupid to increased the pricing.
And ebay prices are being used as a baseline against MSRP. There is no retail data for the total number of sales. That's why.. With a grain of salt.

Miners, yes, anybody with a brain knew even last year that they are short term customers, so Nvidia wanted to pretend to not like miners even though they generated billions of dollars of profit. So all the hash limiters etc. tricks were played.

But data centers ? Why would Nvidia disable / complicate data center usage ? Data centers buy, and will keep buying graphics cards (some even without display outs), and that too in bulk. Data centers can dictate terms to Nvidia to a much larger extent than typical gamers can.

Data centers can use any GPU and so did miners. They actually ruined the pricing by almost 18 months. So you know, it will take time. When no one is buying GPU, given the official data, they would be stupid to increased the pricing.
And ebay prices are being used as a baseline against MSRP. There is no retail data for the total number of sales. That's why.. With a grain of salt.
Actually, after the reviews of 4080 were out and the reviewers called out nvidia for the price increase, people started to buy 30xx series instead and that's the reason for the price increase of the 30xx series.

There are posts in r/hardware and major hardware/tech forums calling out nvidia's BS on the price increase of 40xx series cards and the price/performance is not worth the upgrade to 40xx series. Looks like the 16xx super/20xx series fiasco again.

Data centers can use any GPU and so did miners.

AFAIK consumer grade GPUs are not allowed to be used in data centers by Nvidia, they're forced to buy the expensive enterprise ones like Tesla, etc where most of Nvidia's revenue comes from.

AFAIK consumer grade GPUs are not allowed to be used in data centers by Nvidia, they're forced to buy the expensive enterprise ones like Tesla, etc where most of Nvidia's revenue comes from.
No wonder Nvidia thinks it is doing the world a favor by providing gamers the GPU at 'reduced prices'

The high-end GPUs have reach the cap of their rasterization potential if you don't care about ray tracing (which most gamers don't since these are users with below 20K GPUs). with dlss and Fsr old GPUs life has been extended even more. Basically, there is no reason to bother after this generation of GPUs IMO since you'll be set until the next generation of consoles come out.
Also the next gen GPU will be even more costlier

TSMC N3 has a massive price increase over N5. Nvidia will pretty much increase their prices notoriously

They went super overboard, this 4090 chip was supposed to be 50 series product but they knew people won't be buying their new cards if they are just 15-20% increase.
I'm sure nvidia will bring some new irrelevant tech and market it heavily. Ray tracing is also one of those, it's good for taking screenshots but the average gamer doesn't care of such settings.

Yes barring Metro Exodus and control no game really looks that great with RT on. Also losing half the performance for using RT is not really worth it

Hello everyone! What do you think the optimal price for an RX 570 should be nowadays? I see it listed for over 10K in the used market. Do you think that's a fair price for something that is 3-4 years old?

Back