Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

Hello everyone! What do you think the optimal price for an RX 570 should be nowadays? I see it listed for over 10K in the used market. Do you think that's a fair price for something that is 3-4 years old?
Not sure about 570 but saw one post selling 580 for 8.5K although it was out of warranty. so hopefully it gives you some idea.

Hello everyone! What do you think the optimal price for an RX 570 should be nowadays? I see it listed for over 10K in the used market. Do you think that's a fair price for something that is 3-4 years old?
I can't recall their old prices when they were available, but I think it was 12-14K ? For current market, even 10k is overpriced for what they offer. I believe something like 6k would be optimal.

I won't pay anything over 6-7K
Rarely do I see it going for 6-7k. People on olx are like 10K, 9K fixed, low ballers stay away and what not. Negotiating with them is kind of impossible.

These were easily available for under 5K in the pre-covid era.

Not sure about 570 but saw one post selling 580 for 8.5K although it was out of warranty. so hopefully it gives you some idea.
Not sure about here but I see ads 20K and over on olx for an RX 580.

Rarely do I see it going for 6-7k. People on olx are like 10K, 9K fixed, low ballers stay away and what not. Negotiating with them is kind of impossible.

These were easily available for under 5K in the pre-covid era.

Not sure about here but I see ads 20K and over on olx for an RX 580.
You are right. Most of the RX 500 series has seen two waves of mining, and barely holding on to their life, hence not many of them out there. So as they are not in abundance which we are used to seeing (which is a good thing for 5-year old cards), we can't make clear inference about pricing.
Check back the sellers on olx after a month. The cards will still be there. Nobody's buying them for 10K when 1660 supers in warranty are being sold for 10-11K, and out of warranty 1070s for 10K.

You are right. Most of the RX 500 series has seen two waves of mining, and barely holding on to their life, hence not many of them out there. So as they are not in abundance which we are used to seeing (which is a good thing for 5-year old cards), we can't make clear inference about pricing.
Check back the sellers on olx after a month. The cards will still be there. Nobody's buying them for 10K when 1660 supers in warranty are being sold for 10-11K, and out of warranty 1070s for 10K.
A friend was looking for one. I'll tell him to wait.

Planning to get a 6700xt today. I guess the mid range cards of the new series are still a few months away
Pretty good decision! The gigabyte one from Vedant, right?
Even the 4070/ti (renamed 4080 12GB) is gonna probably be 70K+ when it launches in January.
6700XT at 35K is a no brainer.

Pretty good decision! The gigabyte one from Vedant, right?
Even the 4070/ti (renamed 4080 12GB) is gonna probably be 70K+ when it launches in January.
6700XT at 35K is a no brainer.
going to ritchie street today. if i can get a decent deal offline i'll get it there else come back home and order online. my friend was suggesting 3070 since he prefers nvidia.zotac 3070 for the long warranty was a 2nd option but not too sure as I don't see the value in spending 7~12k extra for single digit % performance increase. Also have to be conscious of my 650w power budget(corsair rm650 4.5years old).
it's always gonna be a case of most recent range of cards being just that bit out of budget and having to wait by which time the next series would be out. I game at 1080p and don't see that changing till I'm forced to replace the monitor. So VFM choice was 6700xt for the 12gb memory and near 3070perf near 3060prices

going to ritchie street today. if i can get a decent deal offline i'll get it there else come back home and order online. my friend was suggesting 3070 since he prefers nvidia.zotac 3070 for the long warranty was a 2nd option but not too sure as I don't see the value in spending 7~12k extra for single digit % performance increase. Also have to be conscious of my 650w power budget(corsair rm650 4.5years old).
it's always gonna be a case of most recent range of cards being just that bit out of budget and having to wait by which time the next series would be out. I game at 1080p and don't see that changing till I'm forced to replace the monitor. So VFM choice was 6700xt for the 12gb memory and near 3070perf near 3060prices
Yup, excellent value at that price. Solid 1440p GPU.

Yea, I meant to say at Ritchie street, msi 6700xt was 38500 and gigabyte was 38k plus taxes. Asrock challenger was 34k nett but had to pay advance and get it delivered Tuesday. Might look at gigabyte on verdant or the Asus on mdc
May be worth paying a slight premium for Sapphire or PowerColor. The PowerColor Red Devil 6700XT is a beautiful GPU.

Sapphire has a rep of not honoring warranties as per purchase date but only as per import/mfg date. At least that's what I've heard. I'd stay away from those brands.
Not sure about PowerColor.

Back