Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

You guys are brutal, good thing i sold my GTX1080 @15k before the GPU flood. But also feeling very bad for buying 3060ti FE for 38K INR. :banghead:
Don't feel bad!
You paid more for it and bought it some time ago, means you also got to use it for more time than if you had bought it now.
Seeing similar GPU listed for cheaper/more powerful GPU for same price, doesn't make your GPU slow somehow. The 3060Ti FE is pretty solid card.

You guys are brutal, good thing i sold my GTX1080 @15k before the GPU flood. But also feeling very bad for buying 3060ti FE for 38K INR. :banghead:
It's always a waiting game. Always a better or cheaper model around the corner. You get to have fun with your card while I'm still struggling to run Warhammer 3 at 1080p ultra.

Don't feel bad!
You paid more for it and bought it some time ago, means you also got to use it for more time than if you had bought it now.
Seeing similar GPU listed for cheaper/more powerful GPU for same price, doesn't make your GPU slow somehow. The 3060Ti FE is pretty solid card.
It's always a waiting game. Always a better or cheaper model around the corner. You get to have fun with your card while I'm still struggling to run Warhammer 3 at 1080p ultra.
Agreed guys, But what really pisses me off even today is, i never wanted 3060Ti and was one of the early requester for 3070/3080 FE with RPtech (Oct 2020) and never got a single invite from them for either of the cards.

Those morons sent me the 3060Ti invite in July 2022, just to clear the leftover stock. The following month, they sent a few 3080 invite to others.

This is probably one of the disappointing purchases in my life LOL.

Agreed guys, But what really pisses me off even today is, i never wanted 3060Ti and was one of the early requester for 3070/3080 FE with RPtech (Oct 2020) and never got a single invite from them for either of the cards.

Those morons sent me the 3060Ti invite in July 2022, just to clear the leftover stock. The following month, they sent a few 3080 invite to others.

This is probably one of the disappointing purchases in my life LOL.
I requested for any FE start of this year guess I'll get an invite next year for 3060fe lol
I don't like the Ampere Tis personally. The increase in power consumtion over their vanilla counterparts is out of step with the performance increase. Zotac has multiple variants, which one are you getting?
I just checked the benchmark of the 3070ti against the other cards I had in mind (3060/ti,3070 and 6700xt) and noticed what you said. At 1080p, the 3070ti is using 100watts more than a 6700xt or 70watts more than 3070 for just a 15fps(6700xt) and 10fps(3070) increase in warhammer 3.

Last edited:
For 1440p resolution which gpus are best in amd and Nvidia lineup?
Please reply. Thanks.
Depends on the graphics settings you use.
Modern games don't like 8GB VRAM for 2K+ resolutions with highest quality textures. It's either near limit or sometimes little over and go into the system RAM which is a LOT slower.

I'd say buy a GPU with 10+GB VRAM for 2K resolutions if you want to future proof even a little (2-3 years).
Else for now 8GB VRAM is OK to play any game from the past and possibly the next year too on highest texture settings.

Depends on the graphics settings you use.
Modern games don't like 8GB VRAM for 2K+ resolutions with highest quality textures. It's either near limit or sometimes little over and go into the system RAM which is a LOT slower.

I'd say buy a GPU with 10+GB VRAM for 2K resolutions if you want to future proof even a little (2-3 years).
Else for now 8GB VRAM is OK to play any game from the past and possibly the next year too on highest texture settings.
Okay thanks

first-time-meme.gif

For 1440p resolution which gpus are best in amd and Nvidia lineup?
Please reply. Thanks.
Don't settle for anything less than 3070Ti/6800XT.

Better to wait for the 77xx/78xx GPU's from AMD.

sauce: I have 3060Ti

The 3070ti actually makes very less sense as it gives less than even 10% than the 3070.
A 1440p card right now depends on what kind of fps you want out of it.
A 3060ti will probably do all games 60fps with high settings for now.
But if you want more frames or to be a little future-proof, then I would get a used 3080. Many of them going for less than 40k with warranty remaining in the used market at the moment.

The 4000 series cost makes no sense right now. And Nvidia being greedy decided not to bring dlss3 to older gen cards else it would have been so great and many of us could continue using our existing cards for longer.
Hoping for AMD's next fsr version to provide for these older cards what nvidia themselves could not.

let the 7900xtx land 3080 etc`s price will fall .but 3060ti and 3070 is a good stop gap card for 1440p and when RDNA4 based cards launch jump to 4k monitor and new card

let the 7900xtx land 3080 etc`s price will fall .but 3060ti and 3070 is a good stop gap card for 1440p and when RDNA4 based cards launch jump to 4k monitor and new card
AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX AIB Cards to Cost More than MSRP: Reference Models Allegedly Selling at Loss.

AMD has priced the XTX for 999 USD and XT for 899. And AMD always follows the 1 USD to 100 INR conversion. So I am expecting the price of the XTX to be above 1L or it could be 1.1L as well for the Reference GPU from AMD. AIB GPU will be under 1.25L and if it beats or dessimates the 3090Ti, we have a winner at our hands. I am not expecting it to beat 4090 but hell yeah, if it beats the 4080.

AMD announced on November 3rd that the RX 7900 XT and XTX would be available to purchase on December 13th. We have 6 more days to go before we know what is going to come from the RED Team.

AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX AIB Cards to Cost More than MSRP: Reference Models Allegedly Selling at Loss.

AMD has priced the XTX for 999 USD and XT for 899. And AMD always follows the 1 USD to 100 INR conversion. So I am expecting the price of the XTX to be above 1L or it could be 1.1L as well for the Reference GPU from AMD. AIB GPU will be under 1.25L and if it beats or dessimates the 3090Ti, we have a winner at our hands. I am not expecting it to beat 4090 but hell yeah, if it beats the 4080.

AMD announced on November 3rd that the RX 7900 XT and XTX would be available to purchase on December 13th. We have 6 more days to go before we know what is going to come from the RED Team.
1.24l for 7900xtx is very bad pricing given one can get 4900 by adding 20k more... I hope it is closer to 1L otherwise its difficult to justify

yesterday there was a leak from geekbench and as per multiple extrapolation by multiple people the 7900xtx seems to be exactly sitting between 4080 and 4090 for pure raster and it would match 3090ti rtx performance level .We don't have clear picture whether it was ocd or not but results are good. we don't have gaming benchmarks but AMD has actually taken correct path .They are taking a loss is purely stupid claim. That accounting of loss could be on what amount was spent in going chiplet based architecture R&D there if you can say loss but ,in the future generations it would be profit an this would be success.

The sole reason RTX series is expensive is they are on the most advanced TSMC node ( more cost) and the GPU die size is large and large die size has high failure rate ( so this gets passed on to you) and GDDR6X.
And Amd is almost pulling this off with TSMC node which is one generation behind nvidia . Smaller chiplets have very less failure rate and and they are still on GDDR6 .So they have less input cost and that is being passed on to customer. So no chance that they are making loss on GPU.

Back