Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

Hopefully with Intel arc , there will be some competetion in budget gpu market
Most of budget gpu have been priced around 20k at launch like 1060, 1660, 1650s
But since this crypto it's been shifted to 30k+
I wish it comes down again to around 20k

Do you think these big organizations are so stupid that they don't have anyway to identify bios was modded or not? There definitely is or else how would they run big businesses, this way everyone would be playing around bioses kaputing their GPUs and getting RMAs.
In case if RX 400 cards, AMD ran out of chip and thus few had chance to unlock 4gb card and use it as 8gb, same happened with Phenom chips. Ppl also flashed bios on NVIDIA and AMD cards for mining purpose.

They are not starting this flash thing as a newbie. Miners know about bios flash. Didn't read story of getting RMA rejected because of bad flash. More than half of the miners swap the in warranty cards by getting them RMAed and sale sealed cards in market and upgrade or buy new card.

Also Brian from TechYesCity and other few Youtubers have shown tricks to avoid bad flash or how to recover soft bricked card and if the card goes dead you don't have any way to identify it's dead.

Don't ever bios flash the gpus unless you know for certainity what you are doing because if you do it wrong it will brick the gpu.
Or
Follow this walk through

Do you think these big organizations are so stupid that they don't have anyway to identify bios was modded or not? There definitely is or else how would they run big businesses, this way everyone would be playing around bioses kaputing their GPUs and getting RMAs.
I know it first hand.
I'm not saying they can't know, I'm saying the service centre's don't distinguish between a modded BIOS. Stupid is what stupid does, big organization's or small enthusiast .

Once during 3570k days I bought an Asrock motherboard whose Mosfet heatsink broke off while I was screwing in the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo cooler and I took it to the service center they rejected by saying that it comes under physical damage so I glued it and sold it off.
What can I do if the service center walas themselves reject my claim.
So I learned everything the hard way.
In this way they might notice any bios flash and might reject the GPUs right.

Bios modifications would void the warranty in case something happens to cards while bios flash or during it's usage. It would be interesting to see if people would be willing to sacrifice and risk full value of cards for 20-25% extra profit lol.
Nothing,what will happen?mining voids warranty,selling gpu voids warranty,modifying gpu voids warranty like swapping pads have you seen anywhere warranty rejected due to above mentioned reasons? None.how nvidia will prove a card was mining,if I buys a gpu from some person and claims warranty how will nvidia prove card was sold?if I swap pads and something goes wrong and I puts back original pads how will they prove card was modified.when you are buying a 3080ti gpu you are not buying a 10paisa candy you are buying a product worth lakhs of rupees.and if a person can spend lakhs of rupees on gpu surely he can sue a company in court also.what will company lawyer will say on what ground warranty was rejected?That bill you gets is a contract between a customer and company if company is not honoring warranty then it's defaulting contract on company side and that gives a customer right to claim his money back and compensation because company already broke contract by not honoring warranty.It is warranty in a contract that saves these companies under contract warranty you can not claim refund of money all you can ask is repair and replace.after 3 years it is deemed both parties have completed contract successfully and ends the contract.yup each and every miner will mod his bios.miners buys a 62k 3080 hhr gpu at 160L while a 3080ti lhr goes for 130,35 a 3080 gives 100mhs and 3080ti lhr gives 90mhs only difference is 10mhs.its 98k profit on a 62k gpu that miners are giving just for 10mhs.So do you really think miners cares about warranty? All a miner wants is gpu running constantly non stop.A miners gpu will run at 50,60C under volted.if a gpu runs cooler more hash rate it will give and very long life.Infact a miner gpu very rarely fails in first 3,4 years just because it runs cooler while a gamer gpu runs at 90,95c.
They are not stupid they are clever.Go and read TC first.if they have to replace 5000 gpus they will do it.It costs little to replace a gpu they will repair it and put it back in circulation trough rma centers.it's repaired gpus people are getting in rma they are not liable to give you new gpu they can give any working repaired gpu.And if a gpu is dead no they can't access bios of gpu if bios is accessible then people will swap it with original bios before going to rma.yes people do deliberately killing PC components when couple of months remain in warranty and sells is as sealed rma product.They can do one thing though reduce warranty period.Imstead of 3 years they can do it 3 months warranty like they did in Russia.But it's india they can't do it here or of they tries to do someone will file a PIL in court and court can take strict action and ban sales of gpus under interior quality.If company is giving 3 month warranty on 1.50L small electronic item then it is really of low quality.All sales of any kind,warranty,guarantee is governed by law in India and sections are favorable to customers rather then company.

Can a gpu record how many hours it was played or used for mining by service centers like some monitors show how many hours they are used.

Likewise service centers can know right?
I don't know but I just bought an LG 32GK650F monitor which is showing how many hours it is used. That's why I am asking.

This is a new feature I noticed few days back when the seller showed me how many hours it was used.

Bought online or locally? How much did you pay
Bought via OLX
Went to sellers home and scrutinized and bought.
It was bought in December,2021 on sale for 22.5k along with a Logitech Per Key RGB keyboard.
But I bought it for 20k
Superb picture quality.

But the sellers used only 60hz so he used to get headaches.
I just got lucky because he didn't know that it has 144hz rate also.

Now am happy with it.
Only minus point is that it does not come with any speakers.

At least 2w x2 speakers are there means I would have been happy.

Now ordered this F&D E200 3W 2.0 Channel Wired Soundbar - Black https://www.amazon.in/dp/B008ZXS7PY/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_6FFKEM6W9RW8EG8G24EM

To give my monitor a complete look.

Everybody talking about buying GPUs which are in lacs while I took a loan to buy this rx6600xt GPU.
I think members are mining in this forum.
I don't think loan is a sensible option for spending on a leisure activity like gaming :sweatsmile:

I had a decent laptop, so I saved money for 2 years to finally have money to build a good desktop.

I don't think loan is a sensible option for spending on a leisure activity like gaming :sweatsmile:

I had a decent laptop, so I saved money for 2 years to finally have money to build a good desktop.
People take loans for super bikes too. And one can game anytime, unlike riding bikes.
Add to that during crypto craze one can mine and recoup the cost of card and game on the side.
Again, if all one can afford in terms of time is 1 2 hours on weekends for gaming(and only gaming, some people learn machine learning too) because they will be working other days, loans become a not very wise decision. Again, you can't put a price on happiness. As long as a person is not skipping meals for paying loan emis.

Everybody talking about buying GPUs which are in lacs while I took a loan to buy this rx6600xt GPU.
welcome to the amd and loan club :p

depends on the perspective of what happiness means to you ;)

People take loans for super bikes too. And one can game anytime, unlike riding bikes.
Add to that during crypto craze one can mine and recoup the cost of card and game on the side.
Again, if all one can afford in terms of time is 1 2 hours on weekends for gaming(and only gaming, some people learn machine learning too) because they will be working other days, loans become a not very wise decision. Again, you can't put a price on happiness. As long as a person is not skipping meals for paying loan emis.
welcome to the amd and loan club :p

depends on the perspective of what happiness means to you ;)

Just my opinion. If you intend to mine, maybe a loan makes sense. Else I will be in the save & then reward yourself club. Americans are a good example of why excessive loan isn't good. They are not very big on savings, most people are in debt. The situation is relatively better in Europe.

I feel this new GPU price trend was short lived.
I did some digging, below are my observations:
  1. The developer "Joined 3 days ago" on github.
  2. Their Youtube channel was created 5 days ago (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEUdo9smU4NCP4GT3hc3Huw)
  3. Many redditors think that this is a scam.
It would be huge GPU market mover if it's not a scam.

I understand what being passionate about something is like, but computer peripherals deprecate faster than rabbits multiplying. So with GPU's the inflated price plus the internet you paid plus the rapid deprecation. Unless you are making money, doesn't make much sense.
I did some digging, below are my observations:
  1. The developer "Joined 3 days ago" on github.
  2. Their Youtube channel was created 5 days ago (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEUdo9smU4NCP4GT3hc3Huw)
  3. Many redditors think that this is a scam.
It would be huge GPU market mover if it's not a scam.
True.
I'm not personally affiliated. It is a market mover, up or down will have to wait and see.

I understand what being passionate about something is like, but computer peripherals deprecate faster than rabbits multiplying. So with GPU's the inflated price plus the internet you paid plus the rapid deprecation. Unless you are making money, doesn't make much sense.

True.
I'm not personally affiliated. It is a market mover, up or down will have to wait and see.
our lives is same. we deprecation every second but don't we just live it. as I said, if I feel that today is important to me and gaming is what I want to do, it makes sense to invest. if its like I can game this after 4 years. then I will save small small amount and then get the latest tech at that time. but then again, the cycle begins of the thing, about not needing to game now.

Don't ever bios flash the gpus unless you know for certainity what you are doing because if you do it wrong it will brick the gpu.
Or
Follow this walk through

or one can buy gigabyte,sapphire gpu's that come with dual bios. i remember sapphire rx 4xx and 5xx cards having dual bios. One bios breaks backup one works fine.

or one can buy gigabyte,sapphire gpu's that come with dual bios. i remember sapphire rx 4xx and 5xx cards having dual bios. One bios breaks backup one works fine.
Sapphire offers 2 years warranty while all others offers 3 years warranty
But MSI Mech2 RX6600XT is cheaper than the lot so I chose it.
There is nothing more choosing MSI over others.
If Gigabyte, Asus, Asrock RX6600XTs are cheaper then I would have gone with those but they are not.

Back