Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

Around 10yrs back I've ordered a laptop from FK and when the courir arived I've opened the package in front of the guy though he kept on saying that he won't allow but hey buddy, you kidding me? I have the package in my hand and if you dare take it from me then be ready to get beaten. He called his superior but nothing can stop me at that time. Well I wasn't sure then how it goes and it was a costly item so couldn't take the risk. I didn't threaten him but showed that there is a transit insurance on the site so I will check before paying. Now I know that what i did was wrong and if the product was damaged FK would refund and its not upto courir to make sure that the product is safe as it reach customer hands.

Now I know that what i did was wrong and if the product was damaged FK would refund and its not upto courir to make sure that the product is safe as it reach customer hands.
I still do this for expensive items, I ask the delivery guy to just stand/sit there for a minute, just so that he also gets captured in the unboxing video. This helps when asking for refund/replacement.

I still do this for expensive items, I ask the delivery guy to just stand/sit there for a minute, just so that he also gets captured in the unboxing video. This helps when asking for refund/replacement.
Good practice though now I just accept and prefer Amazon over FK. I am a premium member of FK but normally it takes 2~3 day to deliver anything where as using normal account of Amazon and product get delivered in 1~2 days. Feels stupid to pay for premium membership and get slower service

Purely an opinion

These retailers and distributors trying to hold on to exorbitant prices by creating artificial scarcity. They have tasted the blood, consumers are willing to buy at any price, they will try to hold on to such prices as long as possible, even with stock/supply levels increasing.

Tinfoil hat time- I think these smaller shops are starting to feel the pinch of increasing backlog inventory and demand levelling off. Hence they are getting youtubers to get some advertisement coverage. I am 99% sure this was a sponsored video(no mention of it being sponsored or not in the video). Still trying to portray high demand and create fomo for their stock in store.
Partly true. Distributors are forcing retailers to take 10 psu if they want 1 gpu. Or take basic cards like 10 nos 710 + 5 nos 730 .
Btw the transfer price of 1660s 29k+ 18% tax from Distri to retailers. Retailers asking 50k for same card.

Descriptions are copy-pasted from eBay listings. This is that person's third or fourth account, OLX bans them every time someone gets scammed.
Tbh olx's scam detection is nonexistent. There'll be quite a money for a site that will block scammers before they scam using location tracing, suspicious wording and better customer protection in case of fraud. You pay for an item, olx like site holds it, you confirm that item was as promised atleast from the looks of it and then olx like site releases it to seller. But I guess the beat protection will be buyers own vigilance. If anything seems too good to be true it most definitely is.

Tbh olx's scam detection is nonexistent.

Not if you follow through, they are pretty unforgiving once you do make a complaint against someone.

I had the misfortune (as a buyer) to be flagged as a scammer by someone (and their network of friends) who didn't appreciate me explaining to them that 30k is too much for a FX based system. So now, any time any person mentions my number in OLX chat, that account is immediately banned. And any account that browses OLX through the app on my wifi network is also immediately banned. There's no recourse whatsoever.

For these scammers, it's trivial to get a new sim card and start over. And the worst part is, this convoluted loop of getting a new sim, tethering to a laptop and recreating all these listings, they consider that as the "effort/work" they put in to "earn" their money. Scammers have really twisted morals.

Randomly, OLX chat is heavily censored. Any message you send that mentions any other chat app (whatsapp), that message is never delivered. It's really strange because you can ask for a phone number, but you can't ask to continue the conversation on another app.

Partly true. Distributors are forcing retailers to take 10 psu if they want 1 gpu. Or take basic cards like 10 nos 710 + 5 nos 730 .
Btw the transfer price of 1660s 29k+ 18% tax from Distri to retailers. Retailers asking 50k for same card.
This is also partly true. COVID is being used an excuse and so is Crypto, more demand and less Production is also an excuse. Its just that a handful of people have found ways to make money and create this kind of a situation. I think this will continue for another year.

Getting a local NVIDIA Founders Edition RTX 2060 super 8 GB for 32k one year old with bill. Should I take it ?
Otherwise need to buy the RTX 4000 in the coming week.
That's a good deal. Not sure how it compares with RTX 4000 but been monitoring GPUs, 2060 in particular, for well over an year now. That is a good find in current market conditions.

That's actually not a bad price for 2060.
I'm forced to buy a GPU too since my current GPU died yesterday. Just when I thought I saved money selling my GPU, this happens. I'm getting a MSI 3070ti suprim X for 1.07L, considering the prices I think I'll settle for it as I can't use pc without GPU.

I'm forced to buy a GPU too since my current GPU died yesterday. Just when I thought I saved money selling my GPU, this happens. I'm getting a MSI 3070ti suprim X for 1.07L, considering the prices I think I'll settle for it as I can't use pc without GPU.
That's a good deal. Not sure how it compares with RTX 4000 but been monitoring GPUs, 2060 in particular, for well over an year now. That is a good find in current market conditions.
Quoting 38k now, Asked for bill. Will wait. He says he ordered it online. Does not have box :confused:

Didn't you have an FE? Sold that one is it?

He has sent a screenshot, Don't they put the SN on it ?

And what is this Death Stranding :confused:

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-07-02 at 19.42.56.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-07-02 at 19.42.56.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 81
Back