Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

Can you do a bios overclock on it like making 4GB card 8GB version likewise.

Like in RX 5700 becoming RX 5700 XT just by a bios overclock.
Some people have pushed it to 1500mhz using msi afterburner.
Edit: I will have to study more about this, will update when I find something.

Last edited:
Amd gpu are super friendly with bios mods...but nvidia gpu are not....nvidia doesn't likes it's gpu's being tinkered with.
Some old 470 or 480 4gb cards had 8gb rams but were disabled and after bios changes were enabled by many.

Amd gpu are super friendly with bios mods...but nvidia gpu are not....nvidia doesn't likes it's gpu's being tinkered with.
Some old 470 or 480 4gb cards had 8gb rams but were disabled and after bios changes were enabled by many.
Oh how I wish this to be true for my rx 580 4gb
But unless it is a binned card, where only 4gb was found to be good out of 8gb, this shouldn't be possible( downloading RAM sites come to mind). And if it was indeed binned then the extra 4gb will be of substandard quality( I'm sure I'm not writing the write term, but you get the idea).

hardware cost has been recovered, maybe these ppl are getting cheap power or free. so milk it as much as possible

Yeah, all of us would do it if it were possible for us. What I HATE about all this is the GOD DANG shortfall of GPUs and the ridiculous pricing! That is IRRITATING as HELL!!!

Last time I paid 30%-40% more than the street price for 1060 3GB (MRP basically) in 2018 when my GPU died right in the middle of the mining craze. And Now the same shit is repeating for a while + COVID supply chains issues. Thankfully my 1060 is purring along (but showing its age).

There is no shortfall now....all retailers are flushed with hardware of every type including gpu....it's the companies that are milking everyone and then so are retailers.....even distributors are shit....if u buy only gpu from them then price is high....for low price with every gpu you had to buy multiple other things.....that's why price of gpu with full build is low.
So supply is aplenty mainly it's the dealers and companies doing this shit.....they know that a needy person will buy.

There is no shortfall now....all retailers are flushed with hardware of every type including gpu....it's the companies that are milking everyone and then so are retailers.....even distributors are shit....if u buy only gpu from them then price is high....for low price with every gpu you had to buy multiple other things.....that's why price of gpu with full build is low.
So supply is aplenty mainly it's the dealers and companies doing this shit.....they know that a needy person will buy.

Yes, actually. I noticed in lammy road, ALL GPUs are available. All stocks are there. Gand fadav prices!

Is RTX3050 a viable alternative for RTX2060 6GB because it comes with 8GB VRAM ? Or Should I go with RTX3060 or RX6600XT in order to compete with my 2060 then?

Is RTX3050 a viable alternative for RTX2060 6GB because it comes with 8GB VRAM ? Or Should I go with RTX3060 or RX6600XT in order to compete with my 2060 then?

Certainly not worth the upgrade. NVIDIA's 30 series has changed the game quite a bit. A 3050 is better than a 2060. A 3060 and 3060ti beats 2070 and 2080 (or comes close to it).

I'm still rocking my 1060 3GB in 40 fps most games in High settings. Looking forward to 3060ti but not with these crazy prices.

seems like the panic has started in the crypto groups...we may soon see some more selling. Hold guys, hold for few more days and we will soon be getting better deals

Ooh, exciting times. However, I remember reading on the net a while back about companies not honouring warranties on the GPU if those GPUs were used for mining purposes. How will they know, I dunno? Does anyone here know that?

Ooh, exciting times. However, I remember reading on the net a while back about companies not honouring warranties on the GPU if those GPUs were used for mining purposes. How will they know, I dunno? Does anyone here know that?
They cannot know unless the GPU was part of a bulk sale to some miner and serial no. is recorded by the company.

seems like the panic has started in the crypto groups...we may soon see some more selling. Hold guys, hold for few more days and we will soon be getting better deals
You got a link to those groups?
Would love to understand the outlook of Indian miners for the coming months.

Also, does anyone know if RPtech will sell the 3050ti FE cards? And if so, will it be on enquiry basis like the other 30 series cards or a flash sale?

Last edited:
Back