Configured imap.gmail.com for incoming server with port 993

Added smtp.gmail.com for outgoing with port 465

Advanced settings are

Use SSL - ON

Authentication - Password

IMAP Path Prefix - /

Server port - 993

Do I need to change anything else ?
In Gmail (through the browser), there is an option to enable IMAP in the settings. Do you have that enabled?

Yes,

Logged in using IE, Enabled the option of IMAP.

Mail box is configured. If Mail option is clicked in iPhone, It pops up this error - Cannot Get Mail, The connection to the server "imap.gmail.com" failed.

Praks said:
Yes,

Logged in using IE, Enabled the option of IMAP.

Mail box is configured. If Mail option is clicked in iPhone, It pops up this error - Cannot Get Mail, The connection to the server "imap.gmail.com" failed.
Try visiting this link from safari on your phone.

https://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Enter details, then hit unlock. Then try getting mail.

If this doesn't work, then most probably it's an issue with your cellphone service provider's network(GPRS or 3G). Are you able to receive mail via Wi-Fi?

Thank you, It was great help.

Does that mean All my contacts will be backed up in Gmail contacts ?

How to setup profiles in iPhone ? Checked in google, found Myprofiles which is paid .. Anything which is free & Good.. need to set up profiles like home/office etc.

Yes, all your contacts are synced with your Google Contacts, which means if you change a contact at one place, that contact on the other place gets updated automatically!

Check PM!

PM replied, Help sir :)

Few things final..

Going with Case Mate Barely there case - Its clear case & Impact resistant. Let me get & check out.

Messenger - Tried 4 of them, Will finalize one from it.

Using SBSSettings - Pretty nice & neat app. Very useful.. Turned SSH off :)

Here are few new doubts..

Please suggest Home button & Screen lock button app.

Is there any Ebay Application for iPhone which supports ebay.in

Which security apps are good ? Anyone using Firewall IP ?

Got a Screen lock button - Quicklock.

Pretty nice & free. Sharing with all..

Is there any TV Schedule App for Indian TV Channels / Any site where we can see channel schedules & get alert of program ?

any Ebay Application for iPhone which supports ebay.in

Which is best way to format the phone when selling ? I mean it should delete all my personal stuff/photos/songs etc but keep the OS & JB as it as.

Thank you Pat, Will try it out.

Is there any TV Schedule App for Indian TV Channels / Any site where we can see channel schedules & get alert of program ?

How to setup profiles in iPhone ? Sad but true, Apple didnt include basic feature of Profiles which is there in even Nokia 1100 :(

How to get reminder pop up in iPhone ? I set a reminder in calender using in built App. On the day of event, No reminder poped up :(.. Am I missing something ?

Yesterday, I got soaked in rain. My iPhone was in my pocket (though it did not get wet)
But at midnight i noticed that the phone was off. Checked the phone for wetness, moisture; nothing! So i tried to turn it on..
No response. I tried charging it (both from USB and directly) but no response...

P.S: Tried resetting too; but nothing works

Please HELP!!!

- Ams

Happened to me once..Try connecting the phone to the charger and leave it for like 1 hour and than try to reset the phone and check

It worked for me once.

:D

Ya tried that... but no response still. And i think the phone is not even getting charged. (i am saying this coz, everytime when i used to charge, it used to get a bit warm; but now its cold as a cucumber!!) :(

Ok, Finally got reminder pop up :)... Is there any way to change reminder pop up tone ?

Still hunting for answers of these.

How to setup profiles in iPhone ? Sad but true, Apple didnt include basic feature of Profiles which is there in even Nokia 1100

Stock Trading - Using Default Stocks app with Yahoo & Bloomberg but they just give rates, Cant trade. Is there any trading application for iPhone with Angel broking ?

Is there any other good browser apart from Safari ?

Praks said:
Ok, Finally got reminder pop up :)... Is there any way to change reminder pop up tone ?

Still hunting for answers of these.

How to setup profiles in iPhone ? Sad but true, Apple didnt include basic feature of Profiles which is there in even Nokia 1100

Stock Trading - Using Default Stocks app with Yahoo & Bloomberg but they just give rates, Cant trade. Is there any trading application for iPhone with Angel broking ?

Is there any other good browser apart from Safari ?
1. Assuming that you have a JB iphone, Find a tone with AIFF extension, rename it to alarm.caf and then overwrite alarm.caf in /System/Library/Audio/UISounds. You can use any AIFF file, just change the name to alarm.caf and replace the file using ibrickr or ssh etc. Restart the phone when done.

2. Would be very hard to find even if it did exist.

3. MyProfiles - Customize Text, Email alerts on iPhone Again assuming you have a JB iphone. But I think its not free and I couldn't find an alternative.

4. You'll have to google and find one

5. Opera Mini but I like safari more.

Thank you.

I am in 3.1.3 JB.

1. I will try to replace alarm.caf, Is there any explorer kind of software using which I can surf iPhone folders. (/System/Library/Audio/UISounds) Would prefer graphical way then ssh.

2. Are you aware of any site which has TV schedules of India ?

3. Got MyProfiles long time back but its paid. Looking for something which is free.

4. Already did, Cant find any Stock Trading app for India :(

5. iPhone has only two browsers ? Safari & Opera mini ?

Back