Audio Introducing Brainwavz M2 -A hands-on preview.

I find the bi-flange tips of NuForce NE6/NE7 to be the perfect balance of isolation and bass for the M2s . I hope you know that for the foam tips you need to press them(compress it) and then insert in your ears so that they seal your ear canal perfectly :)

FaH33m said:
I find the bi-flange tips of NuForce NE6/NE7 to be the perfect balance of isolation and bass for the M2s
where can I get those?
FaH33m said:
I hope you know that for the foam tips you need to press them(compress it) and then insert in your ears so that they seal your ear canal perfectly :)
thnx :ashamed:

@Faheem - Thanks for finally changing your Avatar. I got really confused the first time I went through this page as yours and mjumrani avatars were so similar I thought you were having a multiple personality disorder ! :p

@mjumrani - Congrats ! :D

My view - M2 are good. I use them with S:Flo2. Comparing M2 & RE2 on sflo2, there is not huge difference. Also i dont like the soundstage of M2 personally. Its narrow (some live tracks had decent soundstage width though). Maybe my ears are bad. Maybe i am listening to wrong kind of music. Maybe i am expecting too much from IEMs.

Considering sflo2+M2 together, they still dont reach the awesomeness that i thought i would get by purchasing such a costly setup. My reference was the awesomeness that i get when i go to the 1st shop on the right (forgot the name, its a cloths shop) while entereing great india place thru main entrance. I am now wondering if slo2+m2 cant reach that awesomeness what can? & i am damn sure that even TF10, IE8 etc cannot reach that awesomeness. Maybe none of the IEMs can. Maybe only speakers have that forte.

^^ No you are right about the M2s. I love their nice punchy well done bass, they smooth mids and their relaxed treble. However I feel the width is just a bit too narrow for my liking. :(

However for the price of 2500 thats still amazing value. :)

dragonball said:
My view - M2 are good. I use them with S:Flo2. Comparing M2 & RE2 on sflo2, there is not huge difference. Also i dont like the soundstage of M2 personally. Its narrow (some live tracks had decent soundstage width though). Maybe my ears are bad. Maybe i am listening to wrong kind of music. Maybe i am expecting too much from IEMs.

Considering sflo2+M2 together, they still dont reach the awesomeness that i thought i would get by purchasing such a costly setup. My reference was the awesomeness that i get when i go to the 1st shop on the right (forgot the name, its a cloths shop) while entereing great india place thru main entrance. I am now wondering if slo2+m2 cant reach that awesomeness what can? & i am damn sure that even TF10, IE8 etc cannot reach that awesomeness. Maybe none of the IEMs can. Maybe only speakers have that forte.
Nothing produces awesomeness. Not even the most expensive ones. :p

You just have to consider what is best at the budget you have. And for the price, the M2 are the best you can get.

dragonball said:

Come on,nothing can produce that kind of awesomeness.But when you compare your new source and iem with the older ones you can feel the difference.I was using ep630,upgraded straight to ie8 and can feel the change clearly.

O K. Yeah , comparing the old setup & new setup, change is apparent.

Next purchase will be something like Audioengine A5.. but years later i think :)

Faheem:

How would you rate this when compared to NE-7m?. I bought the NE-7 based on your review and just came across this thread where again you say the M2s are the best under 4000 INR. Anyways the NE-7 sounds good when compared to my old shure e2c and I dont have any complaints though.

sivakuru said:
Faheem:

How would you rate this when compared to NE-7m?. I bought the NE-7 based on your review and just came across this thread where again you say the M2s are the best under 4000 INR. Anyways the NE-7 sounds good when compared to my old shure e2c and I dont have any complaints though.
NE7M is really good for its price. Has an unmatched authority and power in bass but its mids are quite recessed. M2s on the other hand are pretty warm and have an amazing midrange .Its bass is also is in good quantity as well as quality. It loses to the NE7 only in soundstage and maybe bass quantity. Otherwise its much better :)

toxicdrift said:
lol if u dont want em ill glady buy them from u dragonball ! :)
Lol, no. These are the best "i have" and i dont want to sell these.

I was just comparing them to the "best sound"(not considering budget) that i have heard "elsewhere" (in a shop). Considering these are IEMs and not full speakers, they probably are among the best in their range as pointed out by many.

Also i thank Fah33m for his tireless conquest in guiding me in my selection of PMP & headphones. :p

Fah33m, you are the Rupert Murdoch of audiophilism. :p

haha no harm tryin, im actually wanting a pair myself.. just dont want to wait till oct to get em! lol give em sometime.. ull know what they r all about. for me they r way better then the ne7 or anything in round that range aswell. regard them pretty well up for someone wanting good, balanced sounding iems! :)

balanced sounding means everything (bass, treble and midrange) just right .. that means none of each over power each other.. all frequencies are well balanced and produce a wonderful sound in which u can hear all details clean n proper. lol i hope this makes sense.

^ Yeah its same as being close to flat freq response or being neutral .But no headphones usually have a ruler flat response and the same might not be appealing to our ears due the the way out ears pick up sound.

Back