Other OnePlus One - Please Share Your Thoughts/Impressions/Reviews Here [User Experience ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rooted, installed TWRP 2.8.3.0 and Xposed Framework
Installed two modules
1. Call recording
2. Network Speed Indicator

The Network Speed Indicator tool is nice - shows the speed at which data is being transferred

Call recording working for you ? enableCMCallrecording module is not working for me :-| ... (Kernel: AK)

Time to work out what the minimum focus distance your OPO can do in optimum conditions.

Get a ruler, stick something contrasty at the end, then move up and down with OPO and determine what the minimum focus distance is with macro and without macro.

how far is it for both settings ?

Then try the same will less light.

Once you work that out then you will have some idea about what is and isn't possible and how to workaround.
Believe me, I tried various distances. Tried even further back (as well as closer) than the 1s, but no luck.

Idk, maybe it was just a one-off. I mentioned it because someone else also mentioned they had trouble focusing.

In any case, I don't have the phone anymore. So no more testing..... for now anyway.

This phone was blazing fast already and with a few mods has become even faster and even then lasts even longer on battery

I have done the following:
1) rooted, twrp, nandroid backup
2) installed franco kernel and purchased FKU
3) decreased animations across the board to 0.50
4) installed xposed followed by greenify,amplify and also purchased a license for cerbrus.
Facing the following issues currently,

1) the camera viewfinder renders images at <30 fps apparently. Loooks very uncools, the images are usable, but definitely not great,more on the average side. This is NOT a point and shoot ala iphone or a M8. If you need good shots,you need tap to focus wait, wait , hold your breath and click. Useless for taking pics of my 11 month old niece.
2) the slow mo videos are complete garbage.
3) again network issues while not too prominent are omnipresent. On the same vodafone 3g network, xperia z2 returned an impressive 5.2 mbps down vs 1.6 mbps down for opo. The test was repeated atleast 5 times at different locations in my home with both phones set to auto network mode and both. Connected to 3g network of vodafone. While I did not actually measure the signal output db,, It was pretty obvious that z2 was getting a better reception. Z2 got toasty after the test while the opo was cool as a sandstone. So perhaps they have reduced thoroughput to improve thermals?
Again should not be an issue for those work in areas with better cellular reception.

4) the size: i finally returned my work sim to my fruit device today, with a deep sigh and picked up my heavy mi powerbank. Wish they will come up with a smaller device next summer.

Great phone, I would easily pick this over most phones in the market,if I am in for a phablet. Its like a nexus 5 but on steroids, and amazingly costs even lesser monies.
But it is definitely a phablet. Not a phone.

Idk, maybe it was just a one-off. I mentioned it because someone else also mentioned they had trouble focusing.
I don't see too many complaints on xda about focus. This one says get a replacement.

have not heard of af problems like this mostly its IQ.

@raja_mastana ^How much precision are you expecting from a stylus?

There's 3 types that I know of-
1. Capacitive - Cheaper at the cost of precision (the Wacom Bamboo is considered the best all-rounder here)
1a. Capacitive but with a disc for greater accuracy (the Adonit Jot Pro, for instance)
2. Bluetooth - Costlier but more accurate & functionality may be fine-tuned only for certain apps. So for other apps, ymmv (the Adonit Jot Script, iinm)
3. Active - Costlier but more accurate & should work with every app without issues (the Lynktec Precision, for instance)

There are plenty of diy capacitive styli tutorials around, if you just want to get a taste of what it'll feel like beforehand.

For ultimate precision & best overall experience, however, devices which come with an active digitizer (manufactured by Wacom/N-trig etc.) are supposed to be the best. (Samsung Note, for instance).

HTH.

@kidrow
Good info - thanks
Was looking for something simple and cheap for basic usage like emails, browsing, FB etc. & thus keeping the screen free of finger prints
I got the Targus one and it seems fine
Never used a stylus before, so lets see how it goes
The stylus may keep the screen clean but at a cost (freedom - one more accessory needed to use the phone)

I bought a 64GB OPO from the US. I upgraded from the S3 and I am not a power user (just do the general calling, browsing, light gaming, messaging and a few apps.. no rooting or any of that kind of stuff). I haven't had any issues with the OPO. After initial setup, I upgraded to the latest version of software and things have been running really smooth. Of course, the screen is not as vibrant as the Nexus 6 or iPhone, and camera may not be super, but it is still much better than a lot of other phones out there. And for that price, I love this phone.

Also didn't have the yellow band issue or any heating issue with my phone.

The problem with cyanogen mod camera app is that the viewfinder is running at very low fps.
I tried for a few alternatives from xda and was most impressed with lenevo's snap it camera app. You can get it over at XDA. It has better iso and exposure at auto modes. And it comes with all the filters and effects, in comparison to some other camera apps which make you pay for it.
Also if you are looking for a better image quality, tone down the iso to 100-400. The iso in auto mode in OPO is very high and the pics end up blurred....

I think it was the version 3.5.6. I got it somewhere at xda only. It came as a normal big apk about 56 mb, which you can install once you download it on phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back