OC & Modding Post your overclocks !

Darklord said:
Huh ??:huh: When did i deny it is TCC5 ? i just said, i am not sure....

But looking at those results i dont see any reason to regret having TCC5 instead of TCCD.

But then again great people are never satisfied with anything less than the best...:p

man, because of u I just spend my morning trying to retweak my settings, just for the sake of it:

here are the results:

i guess first time (for me atleast) someone has pushed the Trrd and Trad and Twtr so low :clap: :clap: (rem this is 2 x 1GB UCCC rated 3-3-8-3 @ 200 Mhz)

PS: special thnx to Darky for inspiration :p

EDIT: I just ran the inbuilt Memtestv1.65. Result: +ve, no errors @ 2.5V (low voltage ownage.) However, I am running it at 2.6V just to give it a little more juice. The UCC does run hot.

You must be a real brave guy ...... running cpu-z , A64 Tweaker, and a system pll control program all at the same time.:no:

I suggest you do not use all the 3 at the same time. There is a small chance that doing so might have unpredictable effects on the hardware....prevention is better than cure....

For pure mhz speed , hand picked TCCD is the best.

for low latencies, high bandwidth BH-5 is the best.
(very difficult to find BH-5 now...)

for peace of mind a hand picked TCCD running at 2.7 ~ 2.8 Vdimm is optimum. in the sense you can start testing at 300mhz (memory) and go to about 320 mhz easily
beyond that requires some minor tweaking ...but i guess at these speeds the cpu will be the limiting factor...

DFI Ultra-d m/b's give excellent results with TCCD and the DFI Expert plays well with BH-5. The Venus plays well with both of them .....;)

deejay said:
You must be a real brave guy ...... running cpu-z , A64 Tweaker, and a system pll control program all at the same time.:no:

I suggest you do not use all the 3 at the same time. There is a small chance that doing so might have unpredictable effects on the hardware....prevention is better than cure....

For pure mhz speed , hand picked TCCD is the best.

for low latencies, high bandwidth BH-5 is the best.
(very difficult to find BH-5 now...)

for peace of mind a hand picked TCCD running at 2.7 ~ 2.8 Vdimm is optimum. in the sense you can start testing at 300mhz (memory) and go to about 320 mhz easily
beyond that requires some minor tweaking ...but i guess at these speeds the cpu will be the limiting factor...

DFI Ultra-d m/b's give excellent results with TCCD and the DFI Expert plays well with BH-5. The Venus plays well with both of them .....;)

ok i will keep that in mind..... buy i dont get the flow of ur post bro? I said I am using UCCC, not TCCD/5, not BH-5/6,UTT etc.

@ karan,
msg for you was this only. and UCCC are the same class / variant as that of TCCD / TCC5 its just that they are "UNTESTED" hence they go in the cheaper or Value modules.
---------------Start msg ------------------------
"You must be a real brave guy ...... running cpu-z , A64 Tweaker, and a system pll control program all at the same time.

I suggest you do not use all the 3 at the same time. There is a small chance that doing so might have unpredictable effects on the hardware....prevention is better than cure...."
-----------------End msg -----------------------------------

The rest was for the benefit of the members as i see a lot of them have recently purchased DFI m/b's recently from IT Depot people and are o/c'ing like there was no tomorrow.....

deejay said:
@ karan,
msg for you was this only. and UCCC are the same class / variant as that of TCCD / TCC5 its just that they are "UNTESTED" hence they go in the cheaper or Value modules.
---------------Start msg ------------------------
"You must be a real brave guy ...... running cpu-z , A64 Tweaker, and a system pll control program all at the same time.

I suggest you do not use all the 3 at the same time. There is a small chance that doing so might have unpredictable effects on the hardware....prevention is better than cure...."
-----------------End msg -----------------------------------

The rest was for the benefit of the members as i see a lot of them have recently purchased DFI m/b's recently from IT Depot people and are o/c'ing like there was no tomorrow.....

:rofl: :rofl:
i got ur message dada.... just that i must disagree with u....

what do u mean when u say same class? design wise? overclockability wise? that they are from samsung? or something else. please elaborate.

Deejay said:
DFI Ultra-d m/b's give excellent results with TCCD and the DFI Expert plays well with BH-5.

I agree with this point, and I thought I had mentioned it earlier too (or probably not!).

The Expert solves the issues with BH/CH based memory primarily by completely re-designing/fixing the 4v vdimm VR issue. However the focus it gave towards high-voltage memory saw it suffering when teamed up with TCCD, a lot of folks reportedly had issues crossing past DDR550 even though they could manage DDR600 speeds easily on prev boards.

I was confused when I saw a lot of people with TCCD/TCC5 based RAM giving up their Ultra-D boards and going in for DFI Expert boards ;). But I believe that design wise there is virtually no difference between the Expert and Venus (only diff being the higher-quality components), hence a lot of folks assume the Venus BIOS'es should work fine on Expert boards (and they have tried the same too if i'm not mistaken) - this should give you the best of both worlds.

Crazy_Eddy said:
I agree with this point, and I thought I had mentioned it earlier too (or probably not!).

The Expert solves the issues with BH/CH based memory primarily by completely re-designing/fixing the 4v vdimm VR issue. However the focus it gave towards high-voltage memory saw it suffering when teamed up with TCCD, a lot of folks reportedly had issues crossing past DDR550 even though they could manage DDR600 speeds easily on prev boards.

I was confused when I saw a lot of people with TCCD/TCC5 based RAM giving up their Ultra-D boards and going in for DFI Expert boards ;). But I believe that design wise there is virtually no difference between the Expert and Venus (only diff being the higher-quality components), hence a lot of folks assume the Venus BIOS'es should work fine on Expert boards (and they have tried the same too if i'm not mistaken) - this should give you the best of both worlds.

hmm even though you are correct on the part that expert doesnt play well with TCCD/TCC5 (loose latency/high frequency), i have to point a few things out:

AFAIK and IMHO, the reason expert is having issues with TCCD/5 clocking is not because of the changed memory VR. it had something to do with the type of traces that had been put on the expert.

also, venus has FIXED those issues with TCCD/5 and now people are back to breaking mad records (onepagebook and his half broken english + DDR640 @ 2.5-4-4-8 :p) iirc the bios are also compatible. most prominently the recent 03/30 Venus bios release.

Boy, you take time to do your home-work :) but the traces does not hamper any Oc-ability as Tony from OCZ confirmed it long time ago.. infact he was all praise for the master re-design from Oskar. Venus, well it is a better board to clock well with 1 GB modules, check.

^ I never said the fixed VR hobbled its support for TCCD, I just made a generalised statement saying the Expert board gave "focus" towards high voltage memory ;)

And yes the Venus does solve all those issues with TCCD, but since i'm not aware of any 'design' based differences between the two.. I assume the BIOS is what's making the difference?

Crazy_Eddy said:
^ I never said the fixed VR hobbled its support for TCCD, I just made a generalised statement saying the Expert board gave "focus" towards high voltage memory ;)

And yes the Venus does solve all those issues with TCCD, but since i'm not aware of any 'design' based differences between the two.. I assume the BIOS is what's making the difference?

yups.... the different traces :p as well as the internal ROMSIPS :p

Modest o/c ;)

Tried some modest o/c with help of a64info & clockgen - looks stable but still testing - all stock except vid which i could set at 1.450v using clockgen. Used ODC too. (Check my siggy for previous o/c)

Google for it darky, i got this on the first search

Конфигурация компьютера:, AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (ADA3000DAA4BW NBBWE 0602VPBW)@2693Mhz Igloo 25250Pro DFI LanParty nF3 Ultra-D 768Mb DDR 192.4 Mhz 2-3-3-6 ...

Looks like a S754 Venice but its doin 2.7 GHz.

Back