Reliance Jio introduces new unlimited 5G plans to be available from 3rd July

Jio mentioned somewhere that the unlimited 5g will only offered in 2gb and above plans, so someone needs to confirm that so we don't go in blindly with the 1.5g annual plan

Read some amazing comments in this thread!
People want minimum annual increment of 20% but on the other hand, want other things to get cheaper every year (despite being the lowest price in the whole world! )
They want 5G but not even ready to pay for 2G !!!

(Last time, tariffs were increased in Dec 2021 - which is around 2.5 years back, just FYI )

Anyways, dont want to go into mindless discussion going on this thread, I just wanted to know the cheapest, bare minumum plan and I got the annswer :)

People want minimum annual increment of 20% but on the other hand
Are they getting it? Salaries/wages are not growing inline to the inflation. Fresher salary at TCS is nearly same since a decade. Even the tax slabs are not properly adjusted to inflation.

It is manageable for us all here on TE - privileged people in some form to accept it. But majority of India is poor and it is very hard for them to afford it.

1719646175268.png

despite being the lowest price in the whole world!
Did you factor Purchasing Power Parity (PPP)?

Last edited:
If we are done with discussing end of world o_O, can someone suggest cheapest long term plan for Jio, only for keeping the number alive ?
till 02-July-2024 Rs.395/-*** for 84 days (Get 6GB Data for 84 days) is lowest I can see & using
from 03-July-2024 same plan will be for Rs.449/-*** (84 days)

*** check with Jio for confirmation and exact offer of same pack
*** as some one said here in this thread, you can queued, same pack for 2 or 3 years too, by recharging same pack 8 or 12 times

Last edited:

There is no information about the number of recharges Airtel subscribers can queue up. However, Jio has confirmed that its subscribers can queue up to 50 recharges, either on a monthly or yearly basis.

Last edited:
those who bashing Govt. for BSNL down fall, did any one from you ever visited BSNL/MTNL office, manager, customer service or linemen, when they were on top?
How they treated customer, just like an alien came from mars ..., those Govt. Employees such behavior pave way for entry by Pvt. Players .....
Did any Govt. provide them SEPCIAL TRAINING to treat customers such way... it's Govt. Employees KARMA that Came Hunting Back (Bhugto Apne Karm Ke Phal.. aapke saath saath hamari bhi lag gayi ... )

To 90% Govt. Employee and their children, who are here reading this, for God sake, ask/convince your Parents/siblings who are working with ANY GOVT. Department, just stop accepting under the table ...., stop throwing's tantrums, stop treating consumer or users as beggars, be in office in office time, who whenever (in office time) visit you for their Genuine Work help them, if they can't change, than sooner or later maximum Govt. Department going to be Privatized, no matter what Party Govt. will be there in Center or State.

Last edited:

There is no information about the number of recharges Airtel subscribers can queue up. However, Jio has confirmed that its subscribers can queue up to 50 recharges, either on a monthly or yearly basis.
Yeah but the two popular plans to be queued are no longer available.

till 02-July-2024 Rs.395/-*** for 84 days (Get 6GB Data for 84 days) is lowest I can see & using
from 03-July-2024 same plan will be for Rs.449/-*** (84 days)

*** check with Jio for confirmation and exact offer of same pack
*** as some one said here in this thread, you can queued, same pack for 2 or 3 years too, by recharging same pack 8 or 12 times
But the 395 plan is not visible in Jio app. Under value pack i see only the 155 plan. Any idea if there's any other source from which i can do the 395 or yearly value pack?

There is for Airtel, up to 730 days validity.

Screenshot_20240628-124623_(1).png

But the 395 plan is not visible in Jio app. Under value pack i see only the 155 plan. Any idea if there's any other source from which i can do the 395 or yearly value pack?
it was there, just yesterday I queued it... god ... Jio is on killing spree :mad:

Suggest you to wait till expiry and if any new or reduced plan introduce by day, then recharge with

I Just hope BSNL survives.
If govt. ever bothered about bsnl in the first place they wouldn't had entertained jio and then literally approve everything ambani wanted.
Instead govt. could have called tenders to improve bsnl services and the last option to merge it in a fair stake ratio with a pvt. operator.
I fear, if the current govt. even sells the govt. itself to reliance and form a one-reliance-party or something similar.

Just to clarify, I went to a remotest place where the first network priority should be ideally Bsnl, but the villagers said that bsnl is now history and its all jio jio everywhere.
Thus, jio is only monopolising itself and so reliance.

Secondly, Big bazaar was a hit no matter even if few might hate it but reliance clothing is simply bullshit for the price tag offered. Big bazaar was way better in terms of quality and brands.

Ajio, khujao, batti bujao and what all crap seriously!

There's no stopping to this. I'm also 110% sure ambani is funding bjp just to allow him to kickass.

What 4G users will do if Jio stop 4G signals and provides 5G only?
Indirectly will force all Jio 4G users to buy 5G handset to utilize recharge (bad for those who queued recharges for coming 2-3-4-5 yrs.)

While i agree queuing plan is a good idea but are people not considering time value of money here? Like if the yearly plan costs 3K now, and you (for whatever reason) plan to queue 10 recharges, it is 30000 rupees spent in one go while if you don't do anything, you will spend 3600 (not sure which is new plan so i increased it by 600) per year for next (at least 2-3 years hoping no increase for that time).

While i agree queuing plan is a good idea but are people not considering time value of money here? Like if the yearly plan costs 3K now, and you (for whatever reason) plan to queue 10 recharges, it is 30000 rupees spent in one go while if you don't do anything, you will spend 3600 (not sure which is new plan so i increased it by 600) per year for next (at least 2-3 years hoping no increase for that time).
Yes, long term recharges does not make financial sense. I was hoping to do just one recharge of 1599 as my existing plan is anyways about to expire in mid July. Long term recharges also lock you with a provider which is risky because the provider might not provide good service in your area going ahead.

those who bashing Govt. for BSNL down fall, did any one from you ever visited BSNL/MTNL office, manager, customer service or linemen, when they were on top?
How they treated customer, just like an alien came from mars ..., those Govt. Employees such behavior pave way for entry by Pvt. Players .....
Did any Govt. provide them SEPCIAL TRAINING to treat customers such way... it's Govt. Employees KARMA that Came Hunting Back (Bhugto Apne Karm Ke Phal.. aapke saath saath hamari bhi lag gayi ... )

To 90% Govt. Employee and their children, who are here reading this, for God sake, ask/convince your Parents/siblings who are working with ANY GOVT. Department, just stop accepting under the table ...., stop throwing's tantrums, stop treating consumer or users as beggars, be in office in office time, who whenever (in office time) visit you for their Genuine Work help them, if they can't change, than sooner or later maximum Govt. Department going to be Privatized, no matter what Party Govt. will be there in Center or State.
aint that simple, anyone who tries to be honest, refuses to accept bribes etc is automatically persona non grata there, I have seen way too many cases where the person in question is either framed for multiple offences or is transferred to a really shitty middle of nowhere posting or is just plain blackmailed/harassed to start accepting bribes. its an organised racket right from the bottom rung chaprasis to a department head, and you always gotta pass it on to someone above you who in turn passes it to someone above themselves. Like I have literally seen kilos of gold in form of those heavy ass Kadas, Necklaces etc being received and people pocketing some for themselves and then passing the rest above the chain in the form of "gifts" and the moment you refuse to accept it, thats it, all the office/department is against you. The only honest officer is one who doesnt ask for bribes and just receives it silently.

I can go on and on about this topic and it'll be a thread of its own but suffice it to say to fix it, any party needs to remove it from the roots and the moment they do this, it'll be political suicide for them. There's a reason why major companies fail to make it big in India and its not just because they arent willing to invest here or whatever, there's just too much bulllshit right from the bottom with laborers to govt officials at the top.

Last edited:
Back