Reliance offering 4mbps Unlimited without FUP for 1100?

dose anyine here have reliance in noida ?.
i have applied for the connection and they said i will get a call from them shortly , but when my frnd called someone from reliance they said that there is no line in the sector so it wont b possible ... he lives in sector 62 and i live in sector 25
so if it is true , what is the next best isp after reliance ?

Anyone in kolkata using the thunder 4mbbs plan .. Its giving really crappy and unstable speeds .. When i called up the guy who changed the plan he was giving me some talk about trai regulations for giving internet at 1/8th of the mentioned speed and he said ur getting way better speed than expected ???.. which i think is a bunch of bullony.. guys help me with this if he mentions trai again what are the actual rules of it regarding the internet speed.. also i was earlier using the zoom 1mbbs in day and 1.5mbbs in the night my upload speed was the same that it is showing in the 4mbbs connection.. when i mentioned the same to the customer care he started about trai rules and regulations again.. Also im using the old adsl modem that reliance had intially given me when i was on the 512 kbbs plan could that be the problem?

Afaik, 1/8 applies only for the upload speeds. You should get full 4mps as per the plan, if you are not getting that, then they are obviously bullshit*ing you.!

@satanofgamers - where are you located in Kolkata? I stay in Salt Lake and I was clearly told that they do not have infrastructure to provide anything above 2 mbps in my area. Hence I have opted for the 699 thunder plan. Check with someone senior or the sales guy in your area. The local technicians/cust care will just make up a cock and bull story. The fact that my internet is down for past three days is completely different though. I am yet to check the speeds I am getting post migration. The only gripe with reliance is they have pathetic turn around time. But as long as they offer discounts and plans like this I am not complaining.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone in kolkata using the thunder 4mbbs plan .. Its giving really crappy and unstable speeds .. When i called up the guy who changed the plan he was giving me some talk about trai regulations for giving internet at 1/8th of the mentioned speed and he said ur getting way better speed than expected ???.. which i think is a bunch of bullony.. guys help me with this if he mentions trai again what are the actual rules of it regarding the internet speed.. also i was earlier using the zoom 1mbbs in day and 1.5mbbs in the night my upload speed was the same that it is showing in the 4mbbs connection.. when i mentioned the same to the customer care he started about trai rules and regulations again.. Also im using the old adsl modem that reliance had intially given me when i was on the 512 kbbs plan could that be the problem?

That pretty much sounds a load of nonsense. Sarkari companies would have been the first one to implement this.

If this is the kind of policy they are banking on, to gather as much customer base in a blitzkrieg fashion.. their bubble might burst even before it comes into being.
With input from Dhrubo.. i think if more such reports surface up, people should mainly opt for the 2Mbps plan and once they see the promised speeds, they should shift to 4mbps.

Reliance is bound to experience nightmares once that happens. Either the speeds will be denied or maybe a consumer court case will be filed by somebody. I hope they dont revise the tariffs like beam.
But reliance should not let this go belly up. Somebody finally tried to break the monotony and although ambitious, they should see this coming through.. even if that means its not pan India.

Show them this.
Frequently Asked Question - Consumer Info: Telecom Regulation Authority of India
As per the regulation on “Quality of Service standards for Broadband Services” issued by TRAI on 6th May, 2006, a subscriber should get minimum 80% of the subscribed broadband connection speed from ISP Node to user.

It seems my happy days with Reliance are coming to an end. Reliance have got themselves in a mess in my locality where they were distributing services through local cablewalla (Linkmen). Now they want to get rid of the middle man and distribute it on their own. Obviously this did not go down well with local cablewalla and a long legal battle ensues. In the interim about 1000 mtrs of wire has been stolen and hence the no broadband for last 4 days. And all this when Reliance launched some of the best plans. :lemmings:
The worst part of all I might need to go back to airtel and their crappy plans.

@Dhrubo i stay in chandni the guy changed my plan within 24hours of sending him a mail .... Thanks for clearing the doubt about trai dude let me call up customer care and jharofay them nicely... Also Reliance has never mentioned upto 4mbbs speed on their website so isnt it sort of a crime to deny me the full speed they have mentioned on the plan that is 4mbbs.. also what about the upload speed ?? is this what ill only get ? i thaught ill get a minimum of 2mbbs or atleast 1mbbs as upload speed.. this sucks ...

Last edited by a moderator:
i suspect these lower prices are a response to hayai plans,remember their fantastic plans for mumbai?i am on 4mbps mtnl connection and i only get 512kbps upload speed but full 4mbps download speed.

I'm on the below plan

5sEMQ.png

and I get the below speeds to London:

2278170186.png

But to a speedtest server in Mumbai, its like below:

2278175845.png

Back