Spice Mi 410 or Moto Defy?

DarkAngel

Skilled
Advantages Spice Mi 410
  • Better Processor and GPU (QSD8255 1GHz+ Adreno 205)
  • WVGA 4.1" screen (Larger screen but Welcomm A99 seems to have 262k color. So Mi 410 might also have the same)
  • Slimmer profile
  • Front Camera
  • 720p playback, HDMI out
  • 13.3k from SAHOLIC after discounts
-ve of Spice is that its relatively new, the camera protudes in the back and thus might get smudged soon.

Advantages of Moto
  • More rugged
  • 16M color screen and better quality LCD
  • CM7 available
  • Larger battery
  • 14.3k from letsbuy with a BT headset worth ~Rs.600-700
-ve of Moto is that it has higher SAR value.

Both run Froyo (Moto will get it shortly)

I am not going to root it straight away. Only after 3-4 months.

Usage pattern:
  • My major usage is playing games (Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds etc...)
  • Checking TE, Cricinfo via apps and browsing a bit.
  • Bit of music, videos
  • Occasional Snaps and video recording
  • I am planning to use it for 2 years.
I am super confused between the two. Help me out guys :huh:

My budget is 14k. So dont suggest Nexus S or O2X :p

Motorola DEFY vs. Huawei U9000 IDEOS X6 - GSMArena.com

DarkAngel said:
Advantages Spice Mi 410
  • Better Processor and GPU (QSD8255 1GHz+ Adreno 205)
  • WVGA 4.1" screen (Larger screen but Welcomm A99 seems to have 262k color. So Mi 410 might also have the same)
  • Slimmer profile
  • Front Camera
  • 720p playback, HDMI out
  • 13.3k from SAHOLIC after discounts
-ve of Spice is that its relatively new, the camera protudes in the back and thus might get smudged soon.

Advantages of Moto
  • More rugged
  • 16M color screen and better quality LCD
  • CM7 available
  • Larger battery
  • 14.3k from letsbuy with a BT headset worth ~Rs.600-700
-ve of Moto is that it has higher SAR value.

Both run Froyo (Moto will get it shortly)

I am not going to root it straight away. Only after 3-4 months.

Usage pattern:
  • My major usage is playing games (Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds etc...)
  • Checking TE, Cricinfo via apps and browsing a bit.
  • Bit of music, videos
  • Occasional Snaps and video recording
  • I am planning to use it for 2 years.
I am super confused between the two. Help me out guys :huh:

My budget is 14k. So dont suggest Nexus S or O2X :p

Motorola DEFY vs. Huawei U9000 IDEOS X6 - GSMArena.com

Hi again, saw your thread only now. Have both the phones in front of me. So here's my take.
Playing games. mi-410 > Defy. Better GPU, bigger screen.
Browsing. mi-410 > Defy. Bigger screen. To be honest, my sis wants to poach my mi-410 just because of the screen.lol She just needs the phone for quick google searches.
Music, videos. Here Defy will be better for music. mi-410 for videos. The audio output is kinda low on the mi-410. Cranking up to full volume with the Ne6 (nuforce) plugged in wasn't ear-drums splitting like i expected. Can't do that on my Fuze for more than a min at most. Also, the external speakers aren't that good on the mi-410, have heard better on cheaper phones. Music sounds more balanced in the Defy. Volume not too loud on it either with earphones.Videos, well, you'd want to see them on a bigger screen. Actually, every other phone looks tiny after using the mi-410.
Occasional Snaps and video recording. mi-410>Defy. No doubt about that.
Moreover, if you're willing to wait for 3-4 months before you start modding, this baby ought to have more support by then. It's selling in 5-6 countries, i think?
Now what Defy brings to the table.
Much better and softer touch.
Build quality. Though the build of the mi-410 isn't bad, Defy feels a lot more like a finished product. It screams "premium phone" to me. And i don't mean just the dustproof/scratch resistant thingy.
Call quality Don't know if it's psychological but calls seems to be much clearer on the Defy. I have to admit i read a lot of positive feedback on the "active noise cancellation" on the Defy.
Custom ROMs CM7 already available as you've pointed out.
Defy will have longer standby life. Bigger capacity battery, smaller screen. But you already know that.
Better ASS probably.

In the end, whichever you choose,rest assured, these are 2 very good phones and get right down to enjoying your purchase. :D

DarkAngel said:
:O Defy madness in TE. The only regret i have is more or less its horsepower is equivalent to IPhone 3GS :( (Weaker GPU, more powerful CPU and higher resolution screen)
see your buy for defy as for a one year slot. Within the next year there will be new range among all smartphones with dual core processors and you would then want to sell your phone. At that point of time it is the defy which will give your more resale value than the better spec spice.

Nice post. what about the battery life of both the mobiles?

st00pfie said:
Hi again, saw your thread only now. Have both the phones in front of me. So here's my take.
Playing games. mi-410 > Defy. Better GPU, bigger screen.
Browsing. mi-410 > Defy. Bigger screen. To be honest, my sis wants to poach my mi-410 just because of the screen.lol She just needs the phone for quick google searches.
Music, videos. Here Defy will be better for music. mi-410 for videos. The audio output is kinda low on the mi-410. Cranking up to full volume with the Ne6 (nuforce) plugged in wasn't ear-drums splitting like i expected. Can't do that on my Fuze for more than a min at most. Also, the external speakers aren't that good on the mi-410, have heard better on cheaper phones. Music sounds more balanced in the Defy. Volume not too loud on it either with earphones.Videos, well, you'd want to see them on a bigger screen. Actually, every other phone looks tiny after using the mi-410.
Occasional Snaps and video recording. mi-410>Defy. No doubt about that.
Moreover, if you're willing to wait for 3-4 months before you start modding, this baby ought to have more support by then. It's selling in 5-6 countries, i think?
Now what Defy brings to the table.
Much better and softer touch.
Build quality. Though the build of the mi-410 isn't bad, Defy feels a lot more like a finished product. It screams "premium phone" to me. And i don't mean just the dustproof/scratch resistant thingy.
Call quality Don't know if it's psychological but calls seems to be much clearer on the Defy. I have to admit i read a lot of positive feedback on the "active noise cancellation" on the Defy.
Custom ROMs CM7 already available as you've pointed out.
Defy will have longer standby life. Bigger capacity battery, smaller screen. But you already know that.
Better ASS probably.

In the end, whichever you choose,rest assured, these are 2 very good phones and get right down to enjoying your purchase. :D

If you are afraid about the SAR value, IMO, you should stop using any gadget. All gadgets emit radiation(AC, microwave, fridge, mobile phone etc..) and in today's world we would have to stay like a sage to avoid radiation altogether. The SAR value of the spice might be even higher, since it has not been declared(afaik). Even if it is, the best case is that it may be 20-25% lower than that of defy. But where it is 1.90 SAR rating or 1.60, if it is harmful, it will be harmful in both cases. Just my opinion, dont take it too seriously. It is just that i do not think that this should be a consideration factor.

Should not make you regret making a wrong decision :)

Back