Spice Mi 410 or Moto Defy?

DarkAngel

Skilled
Advantages Spice Mi 410
  • Better Processor and GPU (QSD8255 1GHz+ Adreno 205)
  • WVGA 4.1" screen (Larger screen but Welcomm A99 seems to have 262k color. So Mi 410 might also have the same)
  • Slimmer profile
  • Front Camera
  • 720p playback, HDMI out
  • 13.3k from SAHOLIC after discounts
-ve of Spice is that its relatively new, the camera protudes in the back and thus might get smudged soon.

Advantages of Moto
  • More rugged
  • 16M color screen and better quality LCD
  • CM7 available
  • Larger battery
  • 14.3k from letsbuy with a BT headset worth ~Rs.600-700
-ve of Moto is that it has higher SAR value.

Both run Froyo (Moto will get it shortly)

I am not going to root it straight away. Only after 3-4 months.

Usage pattern:
  • My major usage is playing games (Fruit Ninja, Angry Birds etc...)
  • Checking TE, Cricinfo via apps and browsing a bit.
  • Bit of music, videos
  • Occasional Snaps and video recording
  • I am planning to use it for 2 years.
I am super confused between the two. Help me out guys :huh:

My budget is 14k. So dont suggest Nexus S or O2X :p

Motorola DEFY vs. Huawei U9000 IDEOS X6 - GSMArena.com

Spice i think is less that 1.00 SAR.

The max limit is 1.60 and the Defy has a very high values close to maximum allowed limit. SAR US 1.52 W/kg (head) 1.53 W/kg (body)

See how low the LG O1 P500 SAR value is : SAR US 0.45 W/kg (head) 0.37 W/kg (body)

Huawei X6: US SAR: Head:0.75 Body:1.11

In fact Moto's android smartphones dominates the top 20 devices in high SAR values!

Agree that all electronic items emits radiation but nothing is as close to our brain as a mobile phone, right? Also for most of the day there is practically no distance between the phone and us for most part of the day since we carry it in our pockets.

emmarbee said:
Nice post. what about the battery life of both the mobiles?
The Defy's been sitting without a SIM for the past 2 days. But i'm pretty sure it will give better battery life.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

DarkAngel said:
Spice i think is less that 1.00 SAR.

The max limit is 1.60 and the Defy has a very high values close to maximum allowed limit. SAR US 1.52 W/kg (head) 1.53 W/kg (body)

See how low the LG O1 P500 SAR value is : SAR US 0.45 W/kg (head) 0.37 W/kg (body)

Huawei X6: US SAR: Head:0.75 Body:1.11

In fact Moto's android smartphones dominates the top 20 devices in high SAR values!

Agree that all electronic items emits radiation but nothing is as close to our brain as a mobile phone, right? Also for most of the day there is practically no distance between the phone and us for most part of the day since we carry it in our pockets.
THe SAR values of the mi-410 are given in the manual. Will update when i get home.

^
The SAR limit adopted by USA and Canada is 1.6 watts/kilogram (W/kg) averaged over one gram
of tissue. The highest SAR value reported to the FCC and IC for this device type when tested for
use at the ear is 0.759 W/kg, and when properly worn on the body is 1.19 W/kg.
The SAR limit also adopted by Europe is 2.0 W/kg averaged over 10 grams of tissue. The highest
SAR value for this device type when tested at the ear is 0.791 W/kg, and when properly worn on
the body is 0.554 W/kg

I think frank had quoted it from the manual :) http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-p...one-1ghz-snapdragon-190441-6.html#post1834649

DarkAngel said:
I might go the Huawei X6 aka Spice 410 way just because of SAR. 1.52 and 1.53 seems pretty high when the max limit allowed is 1.6. :(

Waiting for little more reviews on Spice.

Most people here voted because defy will have better resale.But seeing the reply and updates available for spice I'll too might go for it if it comes cheaper.

I wouldn't think of buying a Spice mobile in the first place. Always, if had a choice between a company like Spice and a well known brand like Moto in this case will always prefer the one which has a name in the market. Now, talking about the phone. Defy and the MI-410, The later has been introduced to the market with better specs and at a very competitive price just to capture the market. But you would never know what would it out to be like. Whereas the Defy already has spread fire through the market being a VFM and a fantastic phone throughout. You never know what kind of camera quality will the Spice have, but yeah when you hear about a well known brand launching a phone you have an idea that the features will be good! Just to sum it up, i don't trust Spice phones.

My Bet - Moto Defy anytime!

The spice mi410 has the same chipset as the xperia play.The phone is also made by foxconn for huawei.same phone announced as motorola triumph in the us.This phone is here to stayand will have good community support in my opinion.Huawei has also launched a new flagship with better looks and camera.I think that device will also be released in india in next 5-6 months as flagship with huawei branding~15k.AS for the OP's dillemma,i think if you are going to invest in a device for long term i.e. 2-3 years ,see your potential usage and come to a decision,2-3 k will not matter over the long term.If you want long term service support,reliability,battery life-go for a motorola or samsung device.

Back